Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Many believe that there is a conflict between what Jesus taught and what Paul taught concerning the law. There is no conflict.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The law is the nature and character of God. It was given to Israel at Mount Siani as a keeper until Christ should arrive. After the arrival of Christ the Jews were no longer required to live according to the law, this is why the law was abolished, Ephesians 2:15. They were called to live by the Holy Spirit of Christ and by faith, This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The law was abolished by the death of Christ.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" Colossians 2:14

The law was contrary to us because no one could do it or keep it. It is a human impossibility.

While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. The New Covenant that God established with Israel, Hebrews 8:7,8. Is not the written law or the commandments. The law is now spiritual and is written on the hearts of believers by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. The Christian now lives by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law. The New Covenant is Christ himself, Hebrews 9:11-14.

The purpose of the law is to reveal the nature and the character of God. The other purpose is to reveal that man is a sinner and needs a savior. This is why Paul wrote,

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which after words should be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:23-25.

To continue to live as a Jew under the law, trying to do or keep the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10. Living by laws, rules and religion, is proof that you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit and are under judgment and condemnation. Those that live by Spirit do not need laws, rules or religion. To live by Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If God sees us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, then what good is laws, rules and religion?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Many believe that there is a conflict between what Jesus taught and what Paul taught concerning the law. There is no conflict.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The law is the nature and character of God. It was given to Israel at Mount Siani as a keeper until Christ should arrive. After the arrival of Christ the Jews were no longer required to live according to the law, this is why the law was abolished, Ephesians 2:15. They were called to live by the Holy Spirit of Christ and by faith, This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The law was abolished by the death of Christ.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS" Colossians 2:14

The law was contrary to us because no one could do it or keep it. It is a human impossibility.

While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. The New Covenant that God established with Israel, Hebrews 8:7,8. Is not the written law or the commandments. The law is now spiritual and is written on the hearts of believers by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. The Christian now lives by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law. The New Covenant is Christ himself, Hebrews 9:11-14.

The purpose of the law is to reveal the nature and the character of God. The other purpose is to reveal that man is a sinner and needs a savior. This is why Paul wrote,

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which after words should be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:23-25.

To continue to live as a Jew under the law, trying to do or keep the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10. Living by laws, rules and religion, is proof that you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit and are under judgment and condemnation. Those that live by Spirit do not need laws, rules or religion. To live by Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If God sees us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, then what good is laws, rules and religion?
Shalom.

Thank you for your post Robert Pate. I would love to talk with you about it if you are willing to do so.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned

Matthew 5:17
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

I am aware of that scripture.

Jesus purpose in coming into the world was to do for fallen man what fallen man cannot do for himself.

His purpose was to fulfill the law for us. The law has been abolished for the saved only. The lost will be judged by it, but not the saved, Romans 8:1.

Robert Pate

Banned
Okay.

I observe the Sabbath, so before sundown or candle-lighting time makes sense.

Shalom.

Jacob

You don't have to observe the Sabbath Jacob. It appears to me that you cannot turn loose of your Jewish religion and live by faith in Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus instructed that we keep and teach the commandments.

If you were honest with yourself you would know that it is impossible to keep the commandments. Jesus is trying to show you that you fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you were honest with yourself you would know that it is impossible to keep the commandments. Jesus is trying to show you that you fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

I have sinned, but this is not an excuse for sin or for not being obedient to God by obeying His commands His commandments.

Robert Pate

Banned
I have sinned, but this is not an excuse for sin or for not being obedient to God by obeying His commands His commandments.

Living by law and commandments shows that you are still under the law. You might as well be a Pharisee.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisee.

That should enlighten you to the fact that you are a sinner. The Pharisees were professional religionist. They tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Mathew 23:23.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That should enlighten you to the fact that you are a sinner. The Pharisees were professional religionist. They tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Mathew 23:23.

I have been a sinner because I sinned. But I am not called in Jesus Christ to be a sinner.

Robert Pate

Banned
I have been a sinner because I sinned. But I am not called in Jesus Christ to be a sinner.

You need to accept the fact that you cannot keep the law. Stop trying to be Jewish and be a Christian. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws and religion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
where does Yeshua say He came to abolish the law?
Ephesians 2:15 KJV - [FONT=&quot]Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.