Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
PJ i dont think thats Jesus.
Jesus did not come to abolish the law but the enmity of the flesh and the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

Matthew 5:17 KJV - [FONT=&quot]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[/FONT]

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did not come to abolish the law but the enmity of the flesh and the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

Matthew 5:17 KJV - [FONT="]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[/FONT]

So are you saying Jesus came to abolish the law?

jaybird

Matthew 5:17 KJV - [FONT="]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[/FONT]

so is the eph passage about doing away with customs and traditions?

who is that in your picture?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Stated by Kat. This will have to do.

'Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.'

Yes, that's what Jesus said. But that does not mean He is saying we should abolish the law.

We should fulfill just like He did.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, that's what Jesus said. But that does not mean He is saying we should abolish the law.

We should fulfill just like He did.

No. :dunce: We cannot fulfill no dingdong Law made be God, which only He can satiffy. You are confusing what Timothy said to Paul; "seeing is believing, and if saved they should do good works" Which is true BUT far different than saying I will get myself saved by doing good works on my own, as if to say, "who needs Jesus, I can be just as good"

Now think this out and wake up to God's word.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No. :dunce: We cannot fulfill no dingdong Law made be God, which only He can satiffy. You are confusing what Timothy said to Paul; "seeing is believing, and if saved they should do good works" Which is true BUT far different than saying I will get myself saved by doing good works on my own, as if to say, "who needs Jesus, I can be just as good"

Now think this out and wake up to God's word.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

we just have to agree to disagree because this has been beaten to death.

iouae

At Jesus crucifixion trial, they could not find one Jewish law they could accuse Him of breaking. Eventually He was condemned for blasphemy for calling himself the son of God.

And Paul was arrested in the temple at Jerusalem, offering a sacrifice.

For a bunch of supposed Che Guevara's against the "Jewish" law, Jesus, the apostles including Paul sure set personal examples that could be mistaken for being extreme law keepers.

It is our utterly biased western lifestyles which lead us to want to believe that that Biblical law is outdated and outlawed.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
At Jesus crucifixion trial, they could not find one Jewish law they could accuse Him of breaking. Eventually He was condemned for blasphemy for calling himself the son of God.

And Paul was arrested in the temple at Jerusalem, offering a sacrifice.

For a bunch of supposed Che Guevara's against the "Jewish" law, Jesus, the apostles including Paul sure set personal examples that could be mistaken for being extreme law keepers.

It is our utterly biased western lifestyles which lead us to want to believe that that Biblical law is outdated and outlawed.
Sell all you have

Status
Not open for further replies.