Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Law nevertheless secured those children of Promise...Paul was making the metaphor that the free had the law of adoption through faith...that was the Law by promise...is why we wish to keep the law...

Not work for salvation as through Hagar by flesh and biological law but that which is spiritual...a Promise...thus we live by faith obediently...and FREE...as those born of flesh were rejected into the wilderness

Think about it...If it were abolished there would be nothing for the Galatians to hear...the Law is the just live by faith obediently

You have added to the word of God, which tells me that you have a problem with it. The word "obediently" is not found in the scriptures. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" plus nothing.

clefty

You have added to the word of God, which tells me that you have a problem with it. The word "obediently" is not found in the scriptures. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" plus nothing.

Your version is “the just shall live by faith” without laws...

I like the original OT version:

"See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness --

Can one be faithful to injustice? Sure unrighteousness of course...so what does that look like this faithful living of the righteous?...according to the Law and Will of the One who judges...

Robert Pate

Banned
Your version is “the just shall live by faith” without laws...

I like the original OT version:

"See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness --

Can one be faithful to injustice? Sure unrighteousness of course...so what does that look like this faithful living of the righteous?...according to the Law and Will of the One who judges...

Nowhere in New Testament scripture are we encouraged to live by the law. The will of the one that judges is that we live by faith in his Son Jesus Christ. "The Just Shall Live BY Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by laws and rules means that you are under the law and under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

clefty

Nowhere in New Testament scripture are we encouraged to live by the law. The will of the one that judges is that we live by faith in his Son Jesus Christ. "The Just Shall Live BY Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by laws and rules means that you are under the law and under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

Yup living faithful...Him His way...His Faith

clefty

Your preoccupation with the law and not the Gospel tells me something different.

Oh sorry thought this was the topic of the thread...was just being polite...

You rather wanna talk about how you were before Christ came into your life and how your life is now?

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh sorry thought this was the topic of the thread...was just being polite...

You rather wanna talk about how you were before Christ came into your life and how your life is now?

You are under the misconception that the changed life is evidence of the Holy Spirit. I know of some cultist that can out shine you by a mile.

clefty

You are under the misconception that the changed life is evidence of the Holy Spirit. I know of some cultist that can out shine you by a mile.

Oh sure many people change their ways...many people are good people...Buddhist love each other...Muslims love our god they claim...jews too...

And yet they all display different fruit...not like His His Way...JUST AS...

And you claim change was because you are IN HIM...but WWJD?

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh sure many people change their ways...many people are good people...Buddhist love each other...Muslims love our god they claim...jews too...

And yet they all display different fruit...not like His His Way...JUST AS...

And you claim change was because you are IN HIM...but WWJD?

The Gospel and the Holy Spirit are close companions. Those that are led by the Spirit also believe and embrace the Gospel as their only means of salvation.

The words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. Those that are religious like to follow the law, which makes them religious. When Jesus abolished the law he also abolished the Jewish religion, which is a religion of law. The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to magnify Christ and his Gospel, John 15:26. You don't seem to think that is important.

clefty

The Gospel and the Holy Spirit are close companions. Those that are led by the Spirit also believe and embrace the Gospel as their only means of salvation.
is why we wish to pick up our cross and follow Him and live His faith...

The words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. Those that are religious like to follow the law, which makes them religious. When Jesus abolished the law he also abolished the Jewish religion, which is a religion of law.
I know where He is clear we are not to think that He came to abolish the Law...where do you have Him say “Ok heaven and earth passed away and Law is abolished”?

The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit.
ok that is a little better...like a teacher replaces the textbook...certainly doesnt do away with its principles nor teach counter them...

Like a park ranger guide replaces the trail map...again follows the map by heart certainly does not counter the map...

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to magnify Christ and his Gospel, John 15:26. You don't seem to think that is important.
of course it is important the Spirit magnify Him...for our edification and example to follow and obey...Spirit testifies He is our savior is WHY we wish to follow and obey...Him/His way...and the Spirit helps us to do just that...to follow the Law now written in our hearts and minds...

Robert Pate

Banned
is why we wish to pick up our cross and follow Him and live His faith...

I know where He is clear we are not to think that He came to abolish the Law...where do you have Him say “Ok heaven and earth passed away and Law is abolished”?

ok that is a little better...like a teacher replaces the textbook...certainly doesnt do away with its principles nor teach counter them...

Like a park ranger guide replaces the trail map...again follows the map by heart certainly does not counter the map...

of course it is important the Spirit magnify Him...for our edification and example to follow and obey...Spirit testifies He is our savior is WHY we wish to follow and obey...Him/His way...and the Spirit helps us to do just that...to follow the Law now written in our hearts and minds...

Do you believe that Jesus has justified you by his life, death and resurrection and that you now stand before God as complete in him?

clefty

Do you believe that Jesus has justified you by his life, death and resurrection and that you now stand before God as complete in him?

Yup...is why I want to obey Him follow Him like a little boy trying on his father’s shoes coat and tie...NEVER will I be able to be Him but He likes to see me try...helps me to...teaches me how...delighting in my obedience and desire to copy Him as much I can...my feeble attempts...and my attempts to advertise and testify for Him His way to others who Love Him and also ask WWJD?...

Do this and live...created we were made in His image not just to look like but to be...and being reborn we actually are more like Him less like our former selves...

Robert Pate

Banned
Yup...is why I want to obey Him follow Him like a little boy trying on his father’s shoes coat and tie...NEVER will I be able to be Him but He likes to see me try...helps me to...teaches me how...delighting in my obedience and desire to copy Him as much I can...my feeble attempts...and my attempts to advertise and testify for Him His way to others who Love Him and also ask WWJD?...

Do this and live...created we were made in His image not just to look like but to be...and being reborn we actually are more like Him less like our former selves...

Your doctrine appears to be more about yourself than it is about Jesus. I, I, I, and me, me, me.

clefty

Your doctrine appears to be more about yourself than it is about Jesus. I, I, I, and me, me, me.

It happens when we confess our feebleness and shortcomings...we do tend to focus on ourselves...and then of course the joy of what happens to us when we receive salvation and begin the process of returning to what we were supposed to be...

Sorry you can’t see that...but need to desperately lash out with attempted come backs or what not...

The title of the thread would seem inviting to divulge that sort of personal story...make it about oneself as Paul was keen to do...and the power of His transforming love to knock him off a horse blind him and then do the good works prepared for him to do...

Robert Pate

Banned
It happens when we confess our feebleness and shortcomings...we do tend to focus on ourselves...and then of course the joy of what happens to us when we receive salvation and begin the process of returning to what we were supposed to be...

Sorry you can’t see that...but need to desperately lash out with attempted come backs or what not...

The title of the thread would seem inviting to divulge that sort of personal story...make it about oneself as Paul was keen to do...and the power of His transforming love to knock him off a horse blind him and then do the good works prepared for him to do...

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality.

Christianity is a man's preoccupation with Jesus Christ.

clefty

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality.

Christianity is a man's preoccupation with Jesus Christ.

Is Satan a Christian? He seems pretty preoccupied by Jesus Christ...

Even the Son was not free to do His own but His Father’s Will...

Your preoccupation does not include to be like Him, follow Him His Way...just believe even as Satan does...and only that

Robert Pate

Banned
Is Satan a Christian? He seems pretty preoccupied by Jesus Christ...

Even the Son was not free to do His own but His Father’s Will...

Your preoccupation does not include to be like Him, follow Him His Way...just believe even as Satan does...and only that

Believing and having faith is not the same as trying to be like him. The Catholics are also trying to be like him. Trying to be like Jesus is the crux of religion.

clefty

Believing and having faith is not the same as trying to be like him.
yes satan is believing and having faith in Him but is not trying to be like Him...trying to replace Him counterfeit Him teach a new christ a new gospel...of lawlessness...no surprise there...

The Catholics are also trying to be like him.
speaking of Satan...funny you should bring them into this...catholics most certainly do NOT try to be like Him...but they do try to sanctify themselves through exercising sacraments devised by the church for the church...perhaps if they tried to be more like Him not so power/money hungry Luther would not have begun this “faith alone” which has caused so many to take it to extremes of “do what thou whilst”

Trying to climb out of the sanctified by church works ditch poor Luther over compensated and ended up in the “sin boldly...believe more boldly” ditch

Trying to be like Jesus is the crux of religion.
not judaism...the irony...they never tried to be the messiah...certainly dont try to be like Jesus...and following Me isnt really an endorsement to “BE like Me” or even “become like Me”...so speaking loosely it more like Him His faith path less than what we were before...

And once again not to earn salvation but because we are saved...

We dont clean the house to earn it but because it is already ours...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.