Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you can...and when you fail...repent wash and repeat...

Its like a father watching his son walk around with his shoes and tie trying to be like “daddy”...

He knows full well the kid cant do it but he is pleased and warmed knowing the heart of his son wants to like “daddy”...
Doesn't the son eventually learn to walk, and to tie his shoes? Won't the children of Christ eventually learn not to commit sin?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Sure you can...and when you fail...repent wash and repeat...

It’s like a father watching his son walk around with his shoes and tie trying to be like “daddy”...

He knows full well the kid cant do it...but he is pleased and warmed knowing the heart of his son wants to like “daddy”...
I didnt fully understand that message when I read it, hence my response. Apologies. And apologies again, because we might be on the same side here.

But you bring up a good point. If the adulterer can go and not commit adultery anymore, can't all Christians learn not to sin anymore? And if anyone wants to say no, I have to ask, why not?

clefty

Here is a hint as to who is "In Christ" John 16:13,14. They are Gospel focused and believe that they are justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

“The Spirit will guide you into all truth”...so you mean He will take you outside His law?...away from His Way...? What guide leads against the map He drew?

Notice it is NOT “He will guide you to THE truth” but ALL truth...

Thus it remains...if you love me keep My commandments...same truth same law...same house...

Or mean to say the house is divided?

Robert Pate

Banned
Christians that understand the Gospel are not concerned about law and sin. They understand that God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ". You will never be able to live the Christian life until you are free from the law. The law will cause you to sin, Romans 7:7-12. The more you try to keep the law the more you will sin.

clefty

I didnt fully understand that message when I read it, hence my response. Apologies. And apologies again, because we might be on the same side here.

But you bring up a good point. If the adulterer can go and not commit adultery anymore, can't all Christians learn not to sin anymore? And if anyone wants to say no, I have to ask, why not?

Never perfect but just to be more like Him less than our former selves...I keep referring to the fact that all this was meant to teach us how the Saved are restored to a state BEFORE Sin...so well...we are just practicing to get to our default life before this detour of sin...only if to get used to it...because soon enough it will be as we pray...on earth as it is in heaven...again

Christians that understand the Gospel are not concerned about law and sin. They understand that God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ". You will never be able to live the Christian life until you are free from the law. The law will cause you to sin, Romans 7:7-12. The more you try to keep the law the more you will sin.
So the more I try to refrain from physically committing adultery, the more I will commit adultery? The more I try to refrain from physically killing someone, the more people I will kill?

Robert Pate

Banned
So the more I try to refrain from physically committing adultery, the more I will commit adultery? The more I try to refrain from physically killing someone, the more people I will kill?

You got it. That is exactly what Paul is saying and is probably why there is a million men in prison. The law does not keep people from sinning. The only thing that keeps people from sinning is the consequences of breaking the law.

clefty

Aaaawwww man it’z da stoopid doctor’s fault I have diabetes...lol

Paul is clear the law is is holy and the commandment holy and just and good...I delight in the law of God according to the inward man...I thank God with the mind I myself serve the law of God...but with the flesh the law of sin...

Hmmmm...looks like there remains Law

clefty

You got it. That is exactly what Paul is saying and is probably why there is a million men in prison. The law does not keep people from sinning. The only thing that keeps people from sinning is the consequences of breaking the law.

The only thing that keeps people from sinning is HIM...the Spirit helping us discipline ourselves, learn, practice, train to follow Him His Way...

You missed even that?

The consequences of breaking the law PROVE it remains and is death...prison is to restrict the impact of the lawbreaker...

Robert Pate

Banned

Paul is clear the law is is holy and the commandment holy and just and good...I delight in the law of God according to the inward man...I thank God with the mind I myself serve the law of God...but with the flesh the law of sin...

The law is holy just and good because it reveals the nature and character of God. The inward man knows that he is perfect and complete "in Christ" and is free from the law.

Robert Pate

Banned

If you have diabetes it is from not eating right.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are cursed by the Law it is from not living right...

Hint: living right is IN HIM by faith

Nope. Those that are under the curse are those that are trying to be justified by keeping the law, Galatians 3:10.

No man is justified by the law, Galatians 3:11.

clefty

Nope. Those that are under the curse are those that are trying to be justified by keeping the law, Galatians 3:10.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not are trying to continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

There fixed it for you...

No man is justified by the law, Galatians 3:11.
right...we are justified by One Who did it perfectly and now will aid our grateful attempts and advocate for us when we fail...that is living by Faith in Him and His faith path...

Robert Pate

Banned
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not are trying to continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

There fixed it for you...

right...we are justified by One Who did it perfectly and now will aid our grateful attempts and advocate for us when we fail...that is living by Faith in Him and His faith path...

You fail every day. You continue to believe that the law makes you righteous. There is no righteousness in keeping the law. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The law tells you that you have failed.

clefty

You fail every day. You continue to believe that the law makes you righteous. There is no righteousness in keeping the law. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The law tells you that you have failed.

And like Paul and every other believer I accept I have failed and realize my need for salvation and from Whom it arrived...as the Law IS a shadow that reveals both my error and my Savior...now saved I delight in His Law...His yoke light His burden not heavy...

Please note the Law at Sinai was written on both sides of the tablets so that as a sign on the road to either Heaven or going the other direction you can read it...PERFECT

Robert Pate

Banned
And like Paul and every other believer I accept I have failed and realize my need for salvation and from Whom it arrived...as the Law IS a shadow that reveals both my error and my Savior...now saved I delight in His Law...His yoke light His burden not heavy...

Please note the Law at Sinai was written on both sides of the tablets so that as a sign on the road to either Heaven or going the other direction you can read it...PERFECT

There will not be any laws in heaven. In heaven as on this earth, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith means to live according to the Gospel, In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

We delight in the law because the law reveals the nature and character of God. God is just, merciful and righteous in all that he does. He is holy, holy, holy, beyond human comprehension.

clefty

There will not be any laws in heaven. In heaven as on this earth, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith means to live according to the Gospel, In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

We delight in the law because the law reveals the nature and character of God. God is just, merciful and righteous in all that he does. He is holy, holy, holy, beyond human comprehension.

Heaven is lawless?

Hardly...just because you didnt trip and stumble today does NOT mean the law of gravity was abolished...suspended...just means you did what you were designed to do...

Robert Pate

Banned
Heaven is lawless?

Hardly...just because you didnt trip and stumble today does NOT mean the law of gravity was abolished...suspended...just means you did what you were designed to do...

You still don't get it. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. Do you want to be judged by the law? Why do you think that Paul said to the Galatians, "Do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

clefty

You still don't get it. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. Do you want to be judged by the law? Why do you think that Paul said to the Galatians, "Do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

The Law nevertheless secured those children of Promise...Paul was making the metaphor that the free had the law of adoption through faith...that was the Law by promise...is why we wish to keep the law...

Not work for salvation as through Hagar by flesh and biological law but that which is spiritual...a Promise...thus we live by faith obediently...and FREE...as those born of flesh were rejected into the wilderness

Think about it...If it were abolished there would be nothing for the Galatians to hear...the Law is the just live by faith obediently

Status
Not open for further replies.