Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you disagree with the scriptures that say the son is the express image of God.

Incorrect. I disagree with your assertion that the Son is a creation because of scripture saying that all things that were made, were made through Him.

ALL IMAGES ARE CREATIONS friend.

Incorrect. And you cannot assert that the image of God (ie the Son) was created using scripture because that idea is not in scripture.

The Son is firstborn of ALL CREATURES. But you can just discard that from the Bible.

Except that I don't. I completely agree that the Son is the Firstborn. I completely agree that the Son was begotten of the Father. But I do NOT believe that He was created, because nowhere in the Bible does it say that He was created, but that He created all things, and that He made everything that was made.

My thoughts came from above JR. I was not smart enough to see it on my own. It took over sixty years of study to see and understand Heb 1.

I recommend you read this.

https://www.gotquestions.org/eternal-Sonship.html

The truth is destroying the church from within. The distortions taught by the forefathers has been exposed.

Keypurr, what's destroying the church is not truth, but lies, and those that have nothing to do with this topic.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where did I say there are no absolutes? Ever? There is One Absolute Reality that is 'Deity'....call it 'God' if you please. All else is relative. - all descriptions, concepts, ideas, opinions, belief-constructs and systems are RELATIVE. Problems arise when you assume that a 'relativity-concept' or 'religious belief' is ABSOLUTE. - this includes the belief that Jesus is YHWH. - its a belief.
Freelight, by saying there is only one Absolute (your "Deity") and everything else is relative, you ask me to ask you this:

Is it absolutely wrong for a man to rape a woman?

If you say "no, it is not absolutely wrong," then I credit you for being consistent, but then I and everyone else here will despise your character for inherently promoting the act of rape.

If you say yes, then there is not only one Absolute, there is at least two, therefore showing your position to be slightly flawed, at the very least in that the number of absolutes you believe in is less than the actual number.

Lon

Who is the creator?

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

by whom also he made the worlds,

God created all through his son. His son is the first creation.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

And yet, Genesis 1:1 Says God created (active verb of the subject). :think: So there is equation and you haven't noticed it.... :think:

keypurr

And yet, Genesis 1:1 Says God created (active verb of the subject). :think: So there is equation and you haven't noticed it.... :think:
But how did God create?
He used his son, the son that he gave his fullness.

Did he not say all power was given to him. If he is the Almighty why did he not have the power?

Everything, including the son, came from God.

Just thinking

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

keypurr

Incorrect. I disagree with your assertion that the Son is a creation because of scripture saying that all things that were made, were made through Him.

Incorrect. And you cannot assert that the image of God (ie the Son) was created using scripture because that idea is not in scripture.

Except that I don't. I completely agree that the Son is the Firstborn. I completely agree that the Son was begotten of the Father. But I do NOT believe that He was created, because nowhere in the Bible does it say that He was created, but that He created all things, and that He made everything that was made.

I recommend you read this.

https://www.gotquestions.org/eternal-Sonship.html

Keypurr, what's destroying the church is not truth, but lies, and those that have nothing to do with this topic.
So you do not believe God can create a spirit and give it his power?

He created his express image and was pleased that it contained his fullness.

Think about that friend. God created a form of God which he used to create everything else.

Read the scriptures with an open mind.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you do not believe God can create a spirit and give it his power?

I believe God can create a spirit (he created Adam and Eve, did He not?). But I do not believe that He would be willing to share His power with a created being. He's a jealous God. Beside Him there is no other.

He created his express image and was pleased that it contained his fullness.

Where are you getting this nonsense from?

Think about that friend. God created a form of God which he used to create everything else.

Again, where are you getting this from? It's definitely not the Bible.

Read the scriptures with an open mind.

What, like yours where your mind is so open your brain has dripped out your ears? No thanks. I think I'll protect my mind by only studying God's word to find out about Him, and I can simply look at the Son to know what the Father is like.

Lon

But how did God create?
He used his son, the son that he gave his fullness.

Did he not say all power was given to him. If he is the Almighty why did he not have the power?

Everything, including the son, came from God.

Just thinking
I think you 'think' well, just come to too quick of conclusions. You about describe the mystery, and then surmise away from it and, as far as I'm concerned, closing off important scriptures. You get so close, and then, to me, close the door. That said, I like the 'thinking' Keypurr more than the "I've come a conclusion" Keypurr. Mine is the default "still thinking and never ready to settle" position. -Lon

keypurr

I think you 'think' well, just come to too quick of conclusions. You about describe the mystery, and then surmise away from it and, as far as I'm concerned, closing off important scriptures. You get so close, and then, to me, close the door. That said, I like the 'thinking' Keypurr more than the "I've come a conclusion" Keypurr. Mine is the default "still thinking and never ready to settle" position. -Lon

Thank you Lon. My mind is in full gear al the time. Sometimes I wish it would just stop and smell the roses. But my quest is to learn more about what God says in his book. Maybe when you get to be as old as me you just might think as I do. Either way I respect you for your master of English and your love for your God.

Reactions: Lon

keypurr

I believe God can create a spirit (he created Adam and Eve, did He not?). But I do not believe that He would be willing to share His power with a created being. He's a jealous God. Beside Him there is no other.

Yep, God is a jealous God and he is the ONLY God. And he is not a three piece God, his name is YHWH. And he loves is enough to send his Son to become man and suffer the cross.

Where are you getting this nonsense from?

Again, where are you getting this from? It's definitely not the Bible.

I think you are wrong JR, but I understand your thoughts for I was like you at one time.

These are the verses that changed my faith friend.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

What, like yours where your mind is so open your brain has dripped out your ears? No thanks. I think I'll protect my mind by only studying God's word to find out about Him, and I can simply look at the Son to know what the Father is like.

Run away and you will never find the hidden meaning of God's words.

Worship in spirit my friend.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
My view shared from a Urantia Book cosmology holds, since its Christology has a consistent logic and cosmic hierarchy, and it was shared as an example to show that an order of 'Creator Sons' who are born out from the Universal Father, could go forth and create worlds and populate those worlds with mortal souls, and to those mortals of those worlds,....the 'Creator Son' who created them would be to them as 'God', for he would certainly be their 'creator' and 'god', yet all Creator Sons (however many exist, perhaps thousands) would still be divine Sons of the Universal Father,...they would be extensions and representatives of The Father to the worlds of space and time. So, in this sense, yes...Jesus is to us, if he is our Creator Son, as our 'God' and 'father'.....but he is ever subordinate to the Universal Father of all beings, because the Father is greater and senior to all sentient beings in existence. Again, nothing surpasses the PRIMACY of the Universal Father. However, Jesus or any other 'Creator Son' in the cosmos, is NOT the Father. Jesus reveals/represents however the nature, character, love, power and wisdom of the Father, of course. Only the Father however is pure Deity, invisible, incorporeal, omnipresent, and all-mighty, because only the Father is truly INFINITE, and is the First Source and Center of all. - all other divine Sons (cosmic beings, angels, archons, luminaries, devas, etc.) emenate out of the Father, as extensions and offsprings of Himself, as Creation reflects the inner mind and imagination of The Original Creator.

Deity alone is deity. (pure spirit, incorporeal, essence, reality, infinite intelligence)

Perhaps you're reading too much ulterior motives or 'foul deceit' into alternative historical views that many early believers DID hold dear and believe as true, as Arianism and forms thereof did at some times have the ascendency within Christendom, particularly in seats of power in the ruling elite. Just because the Nicene Creed and Trinitarian politics won the day with the big wigs in leadership, after much struggles behind the scenes in church-state affairs....doesn't validate the formula itself, which is but just another 'concept' among other concepts but passed off as some 'absolute truth', which it is NOT. As noted before, its but a 'relational concept', and a preferred article of faith. That's all it is. Now if one deems it something MORE, that is a matter of subjectivity, is it not? Well, of course it it....since you couldn't prove otherwise, no matter what prolifics of scriptural posturing and interpretational spins could be conjured. At the end of the day, you have your 'preferred' doctrinal concepts and BELIEFS, that appear 'right'/'correct' (orthodox) for the moment, BUT that could change if factors cause you to ADOPT a different point of view or belief. - and that's how the dice rolls..... :) - kinda like Yahtzee, but the numbers always change ;)

So... you do this thing where you speak out both sides of your mouth and say things like... "my perspective still holds".

But... you don't even respect the 66 book bible as the authority that it is. Further more... You act like opinion is fact and Truth is Relative.

That's not higher Spiritual teaching... that's deception! I'm sincerely trying to wind down for a bit here... but... in all of my time here, I know two things about you... you are a fantastic peace maker and representative of the underdog... you lean towards the Unitarians that deny Jesus is the Very fullness of God and Always has been.

He is the only way. What ever brings one to God... it is through God alone. To go "past the Son" to get to the Father is to have entered any way but the narrow gate. The Father is revealed by the Son and no other.

I know I'm being a pain here... but this Divinity denial bandwagon is busted and I'm fresh out of Double Talk.

Your obnoxiously, overly blunt friend,

- EE

Lon

My view shared from a Urantia Book cosmology holds
Spoiler
, since its Christology has a consistent logic and cosmic hierarchy, and it was shared as an example to show that an order of 'Creator Sons' who are born out from the Universal Father, could go forth and create worlds and populate those worlds with mortal souls, and to those mortals of those worlds,....the 'Creator Son' who created them would be to them as 'God', for he would certainly be their 'creator' and 'god', yet all Creator Sons (however many exist, perhaps thousands) would still be divine Sons of the Universal Father,...they would be extensions and representatives of The Father to the worlds of space and time. So, in this sense, yes...Jesus is to us, if he is our Creator Son, as our 'God' and 'father'.....but he is ever subordinate to the Universal Father of all beings, because the Father is greater and senior to all sentient beings in existence. Again, nothing surpasses the PRIMACY of the Universal Father. However, Jesus or any other 'Creator Son' in the cosmos, is NOT the Father. Jesus reveals/represents however the nature, character, love, power and wisdom of the Father, of course. Only the Father however is pure Deity, invisible, incorporeal, omnipresent, and all-mighty, because only the Father is truly INFINITE, and is the First Source and Center of all. - all other divine Sons (cosmic beings, angels, archons, luminaries, devas, etc.) emenate out of the Father, as extensions and offsprings of Himself, as Creation reflects the inner mind and imagination of The Original Creator.

Deity alone is deity. (pure spirit, incorporeal, essence, reality, infinite intelligence)

Perhaps you're reading too much ulterior motives or 'foul deceit' into alternative historical views that many early believers DID hold dear and believe as true, as Arianism and forms thereof did at some times have the ascendency within Christendom, particularly in seats of power in the ruling elite. Just because the Nicene Creed and Trinitarian politics won the day with the big wigs in leadership, after much struggles behind the scenes in church-state affairs....doesn't validate the formula itself, which is but just another 'concept' among other concepts but passed off as some 'absolute truth', which it is NOT. As noted before, its but a 'relational concept', and a preferred article of faith. That's all it is. Now if one deems it something MORE, that is a matter of subjectivity, is it not? Well, of course it it....since you couldn't prove otherwise, no matter what prolifics of scriptural posturing and interpretational spins could be conjured. At the end of the day, you have your 'preferred' doctrinal concepts and BELIEFS, that appear 'right'/'correct' (orthodox) for the moment, BUT that could change if factors cause you to ADOPT a different point of view or belief. - and that's how the dice rolls..... :) - kinda like Yahtzee, but the numbers always change ;)

Yeah, you never left Mormonism :doh: This is just redressed evolution-as-god ridiculousness. Your 'god' is the product of the universe rather than being the only Eternal. Your 'eternal' never touches the infinite :nono: Cults don't 'hold' or stand, they fall at the feet of absolute truth and are crushed under the Stone the builders rejected.

KingdomRose

I'm glad you asked for clarification. Get yourself a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, available in paperback mass market edition for under 15 dollars if you're lucky, and not much more if you're not. Or you can find it online at the popes' own website vatican-dot-va, for the cost of your internet access. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a5p2.htm

Do you think Borgia believed the Resurrection? How could you tell?

I don't know what Borgia believed. You didn't answer my question, really. Do you know Rodrigo Borgia's history? Have you been educated concerning his family's reputation and what kind of man he was?

KingdomRose

Now, that is Good News!

Indeed, but it doesn't stop there. Jesus' own meaning of the Good News is what he said at Matthew 24:14: "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations: and then shall the end come."

Do you know what God's Kingdom is?

KingdomRose

Is YHWH not God? Be very careful how you answer that question.

If YHWH is God, then if A = B and B = C, then A = C.

If YHWH = God and YHWH = Only Savior, then GOD = Only Savior.

See how that works?

0fdf90393a24d840e1e33438af20514a.jpg

If there is only one Savior, and that's YHWH, then why is the Son called the Savior?

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. - 1 John 4:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1John4:14&version=NKJV

A = B, B = C, then A = C.

If there is only one Savior, and that is God, and Jesus is our Savior, then that means that Jesus is God.

Oookay then...

We've been through this before, yet you ask certain things as if this was a new topic. Jehovah is the Almighty, the Source of all life and creation. Freelight explained this superbly above. He is the Savior, because everything that exists is allowed by Him, and everything good comes from Him. He planned the Redemption of mankind and instructed Jesus on how he was to accomplish it, even telling him what to say. It is Jehovah's baby, so to speak. Jesus is the Savior as well, not in the same sense, but because he is the means by which Jehovah saves. Pretty simple, and this shows how Jehovah is the supreme Savior though not the same Savior as Jesus; Jehovah says what will be done and Jesus does it. They are both Saviors: Jehovah is the Source and the Authority and the Power. Jesus is HOW Jehovah saves.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what Borgia believed. You didn't answer my question, really. Do you know Rodrigo Borgia's history? Have you been educated concerning his family's reputation and what kind of man he was?
Yeah, and? Your point is that he somehow denied that the Lord Jesus rose from the dead? I didn't see that part, is there a source, that says that Rodrigo Borgia denied the Resurrection? Machiavelli may have, but I don't think Alexander did, prove that he did if you disagree.

xfrodobagginsx

Jesus Christ IS God

There are some religions out there that believe and teach that Jesus Christ is not God. Some teach that He is a god, but not thee God. I am going to demonstrate through the word of God that He is God and created all things.

Jesus’s name “Immanuel” LITERALLY means “God with us”

Mt 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

He always existed (from everlasting):

Mic 5:2 (NKJV) "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, [Though] you are little among the thousands of Judah, [Yet] out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth [are] from of old, From everlasting."

This prophecy is of Christ's first comming. His Goings forth have been from everlasting because Christ Jesus is God.

Jesus Christ is one with the Father. He is God.

Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Jesus declares Himself to be the great I AM of the Old Testiment. I AM is God's Name

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

I am IS God. There is only one God. That God has three parts.

Ex 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

His Disciple/Apostle Peter Admits that Jesus knows “All things” (Only God knows all things)

Joh 21:17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.

Jesus Knows Our Thoughts

Mt 9:4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?

Lu 11:17 But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls.

In Him Dwells all of the fullness of the Godhead Bodily:

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. {rudiments: or, elements} {make a prey: or, seduce you, or, lead you astray} For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: {his...: Gr. the Son of his love}
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. {in...: or, among all} 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

God's plurality is found in Genesis

Ge 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

His Disciple/Apostle Thomas Confessed Him to be God and Jesus did NOT rebuke Him for it:

Joh 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

This verse demonstrates how God has multiple aspects. He said Let “US” make man in “OUR” image. He didn’t say, let me make man in My image, He said let US make man is OUR image.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares Christ Jesus to be God:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares that the world was made by Him (Jesus Christ)

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

All things were made by Him and He was in the beginning with God (Father)

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

There are MANY places where He is worshipped and Jesus NEVER tells them not to worship Him, NOT once. Only God is to be worshipped, because Jesus IS God, Jesus IS worshipped:

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. {presented: or, offered}
Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mt 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mt 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. {worshipped him: or, besought him}
Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
Mr 15:19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.
Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Ac 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Re 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Scripture refers to Him as the Lord, Jesus Christ. The phrase "The Lord" is unique only to God:

Here are a few mentioning "The Lord Your God"

De 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. {bondage: Heb. servants}

De 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

De 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

De 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

Here are many calling Him Jesus Christ, The Lord.

Ac 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ac 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Ro 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ro 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ro 15:30 Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

2Co 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. <<The second [epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, a city of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.]>>

Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 6:23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: {conversation...: or, we live or conduct ourselves as citizens of heaven, or, for obtaining heaven}

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Trinity (Three in one)

Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Father, Son and Spirit Present at Christ’s Baptism:

Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Conclusion: Jesus Christ is God. Not a God but the God of the bible. God has three parts. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are equal, yet the Son is submissive to the Father and the Holy Spirit is submissive to the Son. Jesus Christ was an EXAMPLE for us. He died on the cross for our sins so that we could go to heaven and be forgiven of our sins. He shed His blood for us.

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Divine Simplicity of God

The Divine Simplicity of God

God has three parts. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Careful here. God is a simpliciter, a simple being that cannot be decomposed into constituent parts. God is without parts, without composition, simple. Within the one Being, one indivisible essence, that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons (individual subsistences), namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The three persons of the Godhead are not each composed of one-third of the essence of God, for they all coinhere the one indivisible divine essence.

For more, see: https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.or.../27/theological-primer-the-simplicity-of-god/

AMR

daqq

Careful here. God is a simpliciter, a simple being that cannot be decomposed into constituent parts. God is without parts, without composition, simple. Within the one Being, one indivisible essence, that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons (individual subsistences), namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The three persons of the Godhead are not each composed of one-third of the essence of God, for they all coinhere the one indivisible divine essence.

For more, see: https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.or.../27/theological-primer-the-simplicity-of-god/

AMR

Please explain how it is that God says to "coequal" God:
"Thou art My Son, This day have I begotten thee."

Hebrews 1:5 ASV
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee?Psa 2:7 and again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son?2Sam 7:14

Hebrews 5:4-5 ASV
4 And no man taketh the honor unto himself, but when he is called of God, even as was Aaron.
5 So Christ also glorified not himself to be made a high priest, but he that spake unto him, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee:Psa 2:7

Status
Not open for further replies.