JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

No he didn't. And I just quoted who Jesus thinks is "God." His Father! (John 17:3) I'm astounded that you disagree with Jesus' own words!

God the Father came as a Man in the flesh, He did not pretend to come as a Man in the flesh He really did it.

While Jesus was a Man on earth He said the Father is greater. God in heaven is greater than a Man in the flesh.

Jesus says when you see him, you can say, "I see the Father".

So tell me why you do not think it is right to say Jesus is the Father?

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Did you read that? Jesus says to his disciples that they can say they have seen the Father.

John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Jesus is speaking about his physical self.

John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

Did you read that? The one who looks at Jesus is seeing the one who sent him, the Father!

KingdomRose

You have to take the Bible in its entirety, not simply select a couple of verses to build a doctrine.
I showed you a verse that clearly shows the Triune God in the Old Testament. You also have the N.T.

Draw near to me, hear this:
from the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
from the time it came to be I have always been there.”
And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit.

Isaiah 48:16 ESV (from Dead Sea Scrolls)
God the Son is calling you to "draw near".

How does that show the Trinity? Just because three things are mentioned in the same paragraph doesn't make them all equal.....it doesn't even make them all PERSONS!

The really funny thing here is that the person speaking in that Scripture is not Jesus but ISAIAH!!! So you are trying to tell us that the Trinity is proved here, when it is Isaiah, Jehovah, and Jehovah's Spirit that are being referred to at the end of verse 16.

It is not God the Son (which can be found NO WHERE in the Bible) that is calling anyone to "draw near," but it is Jehovah who says this. And Jehovah has sent ISAIAH to warn the people of Israel.

:readthis:

KingdomRose

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation." Colossians 1:15)

The firstborn over all creation in what context?

"And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18)

The firstborn Son from the dead with many more coming at the first resurrection to immortality.

No those two scriptures don't mean the same thing. The firstborn of all creation means that he was the first thing directly created by Jehovah; thereafter everything else was created through him.

The firstborn from the dead is a reference to an entirely different subject. We have left the issue of his creation and are now considering the fact that he was the first to rise from the dead back to heavenly life, which his co-rulers would do after him.

KingdomRose

There is the Father, there is the Son, and there is the team of the Father and Son referred to as the holy Spirit ... three expressions of the one Spirit who lives in us and through us.

"one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." (Ephesians 4:6)

God the Father, God the Son, God the holy team.

Where do you get these off-center ideas? They are truly comical. You quote Ephesians which speaks of only the Father being God. "One God and Father of all." So clear!

Then you post something that isn't anywhere in the Bible, and actually CONTRADICTS the scripture you just quoted! You can't find "God the Son" in the Bible anywhere, yet you say it and believe it. And what you know about the Holy Spirit is even LESS. Jesus never said that he and the Father make up the Holy Spirit. He always said that the Spirit was the Father's. It was His power or active force, not Jesus's. So Jesus never indicated that he himself made up part of the Spirit. :rotfl: It would be funny if it wasn't so silly.

KingdomRose

To GodsTruth, post #122....

You are incredibly out in left field, to put it nicely. Blah, blah, blah :blabla:

Your ridiculous post isn't even worth my time to respond to.

glorydaz

Even Paul realized that all those in the ruling class would have to endure to the end. Ephesians 2:6 would be fulfilled if they all endured.

Nope, "hath quickened" means it is done.

He indicated as much at Philippians 3:13. Understand?

Oh, I understand, but you clearly don't. Paul is talking about not yet having a resurrected body.

Phil. 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​

So you are audacious enough to consider yourself one of the co-rulers with Christ? Most of us are going to be citizens of the earth in paradise conditions, being guided by Jesus and his 144,000. That is why Jesus died....so that we could take over where Adam screwed up, and live forever. (Psalm 37:9-11,29)

Yeah, I know you JW's are very audacious. As for me, I'm a member of the body of Christ, and my home is in Heaven.

glorydaz

You still didn't tell me where you explained Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

Sigh.
"Your divine throne is everlasting; your royal scepter is a scepter of equity."

Does the writer of this Psalm call anyone "God" here?
To KingdomRose:

You are incredibly out in left field, to put it nicely. Blah, blah, blah :blabla:

Your ridiculous post isn't even worth my time to respond to.

beameup

I agree. People say "YHWH," but the "W" is pronounced as a "V." It should be, anyway. Most people don't pronounce it correctly. "Yahveh" is beautiful.

The official name of God, given by Charles Taze Russell of the Watchtower Society, is Jehovah
J-E-H-O-V-A-H is the TRUE NAME of God according to Jehovah's Witnesses, not "Yahveh" or something else.

Unfortunately for Russell, he had NO KNOWLEDGE of the Original Hebrew, so took the Roman Catholic LATIN name of Jehovah. :rotfl:

I'm sure these facts are now hidden from the gullible newcomers to "Jehovah's Witness'".

KingdomRose

The official name of God, given by Charles Taze Russell of the Watchtower Society, is Jehovah
J-E-H-O-V-A-H is the TRUE NAME of God according to Jehovah's Witnesses, not "Yahveh" or something else.

Unfortunately for Russell, he had NO KNOWLEDGE of the Original Hebrew, so took the Roman Catholic LATIN name of Jehovah. :rotfl:

I'm sure these facts are now hidden from the gullible newcomers to "Jehovah's Witness'".

No, nothing is "hidden" from anyone. Charles Taze Russell didn't give God His name. God's name is YHWH--the Tetragrammaton--the Hebrew letters "Yohdh-He'-Waw-He'." It is rendered in various ways, most often depending on what language is being spoken, but to English-speaking people, "Jehovah" is most common. That is why JWs use that pronunciation. "Yahveh" is perfectly fine. But, as I have stated before, "Jehovah" has been in the King James Version since 1611, and also in the American Standard Version, both of those versions having been used by Russell and Jehovah's Witnesses for almost 100 years.

:thumb:

beameup

No, nothing is "hidden" from anyone. Charles Taze Russell didn't give God His name. God's name is YHWH--the Tetragrammaton--the Hebrew letters "Yohdh-He'-Waw-He'." It is rendered in various ways, most often depending on what language is being spoken, but to English-speaking people, "Jehovah" is most common. That is why JWs use that pronunciation. "Yahveh" is perfectly fine. But, as I have stated before, "Jehovah" has been in the King James Version since 1611, and also in the American Standard Version, both of those versions having been used by Russell and Jehovah's Witnesses for almost 100 years.

:thumb:

Charles Taze Russell was ignorant of the original languages.
You are "stuck" with Jehovah as the "name of God". You can
go into all kinds of mental gymnastics, but the fact remains -
your founder gave you the "official" name of God as Jehovah.
I am familiar with the DECEPTION of the "Jehovah's Witnesses" since
1957 (when they were still stuck with the King James Version).

SonOfCaleb

Sorry my mistake. I ask you again, when you say they are bit different, you mean they arenot different persons?

So when you say one "spirit" what do you mean? In the Bible spirit is sometimes referring to an impersonal immaterial force and at other times spirit beings like God or the angels. So do you mean there is one spirit being/person who is God, the son and Holy Spirit?

Sorry you are terribly mistaken about trinitarians if you think they believe in three spirits. They say one essence three distinct persons. This forum is really odd it seems like everyone has their own definition of the trinity, and nobody really knows what they are talking about...one guy said something about a holy team...

Indeed. Such is the comical nature of this dogma that even the Theologians of the 2nd and 3rd Century who dreamt this nonsense up -in their attempt to reconcile Greek, Babylonian and Roman pagan philosophy with the Bible- couldn't even agree collectively on the specifics of the dogma. Why? Because its simply nowhere to be found in the Bible! Neither the word Trinity nor the teaching.
The Jews didn't know anything about a so called Holy Trinity. The early Christians of 1AD didn't. The 'Early Church fathers' didn't seem to support this dogma either. (And i say 'seem' because there's much debate in academic circles over the 'Church Fathers' & the Trinity but the evidence is very scant) And yet here we are 2000 summi years later and Christendom is still attempting to fix the evidence around the objective rather than submitting herself to the abundance of evidence in the Bible that thoroughly debunks this doctrine.

SonOfCaleb

Is that all Satan has given you to defend his false doctrines?

Luke 11:14-20
Later he expelled a speechless demon. After the demon came out, the speechless man spoke, and the crowds were amazed. 15 But some of them said: “He expels the demons by means of Be·elʹze·bub, the ruler of the demons.” 16 And others, to test him, began demanding a sign out of heaven from him. 17 Knowing their thinking, he said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to ruin, and a house divided against itself falls. 18 In the same way, if Satan is also divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say I expel the demons by means of Be·elʹze·bub. 19 If I expel the demons by means of Be·elʹze·bub, by whom do your sons expel them? This is why they will be your judges. 20 But if it is by means of God’s finger that I expel the demons, the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you.

You do well to heed Jesus's words above. The Pharisees used your SAME specious logic when berating Jesus for expelling Demons claiming he did so by the power of Satan and his Demons. The onus is upon you to provide evidence in defense of your doctrine. But you are incapable and simply cannot provide any proof in support of your doctrine because your doctrine is indefensible. Hence why you're reduced to these empty accusatory retorts. If KR speaks for Satan then whom do you speak for? Note Jesus parting words: the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you. Be wary that it hasn't overtaken you also.

God's Truth

Luke 11:14-20

You do well to heed Jesus's words above. The Pharisees used your SAME specious logic when berating Jesus for expelling Demons claiming he did so by the power of Satan and his Demons. The onus is upon you to provide evidence in defense of your doctrine. But you are incapable and simply cannot provide any proof in support of your doctrine because your doctrine is indefensible. Hence why you're reduced to these empty accusatory retorts. If KR speaks for Satan then whom do you speak for? Note Jesus parting words: the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you. Be wary that it hasn't overtaken you also.

You can't use scripture correctly and you certainly can't use it against me. Notice that all you have are false accusations too. What else do you got if you don't have the truth to defend your false doctrines.

Status
Not open for further replies.