JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You appear to be missing the point: if the first century BC/BCE Yhudim at Qumran were using a Greek Omega to render the ancient Hebrew Waw into Greek in the Trigrammaton, (which was the Greek equivalent for the Hebrew Tetragrammaton), then they were not pronouncing the Hebrew Waw in the Tetragrammaton with an English "V" sound. Therefore your assertion is nothing more than an opinion, and a bad one at that; for even before the advent of Messiah we have evidence that goes against what you are insisting. Why should I believe your assertion when I have contrary evidence in writing from fragments found at Qumran dating from as far back as the first century BC? It is just as someone else already said to you: your reasoning comes out of Europe and from a much later time.
Shalom. There is no Waw in Hebrew. Shalom. Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

When I read the Hebrew there is a Vav, but not a Waw. I do not even know what a Waw is.

Shalom.

Jacob

RIGHT TO LEFT ~ LEFT TO RIGHT:
יהוה ~ ΙΑΩ (Greek Trigrammaton: Iota-Alpha-Omega, (YAHO))
יהוה ~ ΙΑΩΑ (Greek Tetragrammaton: Iota-Alpha-Omega-Alpha)
יה ~ ΙΑ (Iota-Alpha (YAH))
ו ~ Ω (Omega)
ה ~ Α (Alpha)

Shalom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
RIGHT TO LEFT ~ LEFT TO RIGHT:
יהוה ~ ΙΑΩ (Greek Trigrammaton: Iota-Alpha-Omega, (YAHO))
יהוה ~ ΙΑΩΑ (Greek Tetragrammaton: Iota-Alpha-Omega-Alpha)
יה ~ ΙΑ (Iota-Alpha (YAH))
ו ~ Ω (Omega)
ה ~ Α (Alpha)

Shalom.
Shalom.

I have not heard of a Trigrammaton, or do not (still) know what it is or means. I also do not know Greek.

Shalom.

Jacob

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Were there many men named Yeshua or Yahushua in the first century?

Was this a common name?

Yeshua/Jeshua, as a person's name, is first used in Ezra, Nehemiah and 2Chronicles.
It is also used in Zechariah, so it's likely that it was used commonly in the first century, as well.

The LXX translates the Hebrew 'Yeshua' as 'Iesous', same as NT Greek.

The word 'yeshua' is the Hebrew word for 'salvation' and is translated into English as 'salvation' about 87 times in the OT.

This explains the words of the LORD's angel when speaking to Joseph in Mat 1:21.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

In other words, "You shall call His name 'salvation', for He will save His people from their sins".

oatmeal

Tedious. If A = B does B = A?

The Son of God is not a different species of being than his Father.

Someone said, "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

We are priests of both.

Indeed, if A = B the B = A. However, can you show that "God the Son" = "son of God". Grammatically, linguistically, Scripturaly, it does not.

He is right to point out that Jesus the anointed one, is never referred to a "God the Son" in scripture.

He is however, referred to as "son of God" about 50 times, if not more, in scripture.

Using only scriptural evidence, we can see that Jesus the anointed one, is not "God the Son" but as God, as the author of scripture, states, Jesus the anointed one, is the son of God.

It is up for you to decide whether you will choose to believe scripture or not.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He is right to point out that Jesus the anointed one, is never referred to a "God the Son" in scripture.

Good point. Is that because God is not human?

While Jesus was human he was not yet born of the Spirit, not yet God.

Is Jesus the firstborn of the dead with regard to being born a second time?

Are you a son of God? Will you be born of the Spirit?

Do you believe the Father is able to reproduce himself?

If you had a son would he be human? If God had a son would he God?

Why is this hard to comprehend?

beameup

Nope.
:readthis:
The angel answered and said to her,
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Most High
will overshadow you; and for that reason
the Holy Child shall be called the
Son of God.
- Luke 1:35 NASB

Jesus was conceived in the womb HOLY

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Beyond twittery.........

Beyond twittery.........

I say that you are a complete twit.

This is very revealing, for any half-baked bible scholar, let alone reader of 'scripture' can see that the OP and its display of passages, with its literal (and even metaphorical) translation is completely rational & logical.

'God' (YHWH) is an incorporeal, eternal, infinite Spirit, not a 'man',....but can 'anoint', 'empower' or 'indwell' a man. - and such is the case with His 'Messiah', who is of the human seed (lineage) of David.

A 'Unitarian' view is completely rational, and is the standard understanding of all traditional Orthodox Jews and those Christians who recognize the same. John is clear in his writings that eternal life comes by believing that God sent Jesus, the Messiah, His SON, and that by believing you may have LIFE in his name,...NOT by believing that Jesus is YHWH. I think understanding the distinction may broaden your horizons.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Illogics in Trinitarianism....................

Illogics in Trinitarianism....................

Sorry, but YHWH is a Proper name of the only almighty God.

Where does it say that Jesus Christ is immortal on his own?

He was made immortal by his God YHWH.

He was made Lord by his God.

He was created by his God.

He says that his Father (YHWH) is the only true God.

And what remains is the burden of proof being upon those who CLAIM Jesus is YHWH, which has yet to be 'proved'. It can only be 'assumed', but so many logics refute such, unless one engages in metaphysical gymnastics or elastic Christological maneuvers. - I'm about as 'meta' as they come,...but prefer holding a Unitarian contextual view for basic 'relating', although any variation of trinitarian/modalist paradigm or other Christological nuances can be entertained.

But the burden of proof remains upon the "Jesus is YHWH" folks, and they have no proof but only assumptions, ONLY presumed because of their prefigured concept of a TRINITY, where Jesus is part of a 3-person Godhead somewhere up in heaven. Various Unitarian views are just as GOOD, from Arian to Gnostic schools,...since they are all recognize Jesus 'Christhood', his special divinity and anointing originating from the Father, and that he is the AGENT or REPRESENTATIVE of (sent by) the Father. This is all that is essential, while you can believe any variation or nuance of details in lesser important points as you choose.

There is no reason to assume Jesus is YHWH. It is unnecessary. - the burden of proof is on them, and they have none except 'assumptions' and 'Christological posturing'.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
And what remains is the burden of proof being upon those who CLAIM Jesus is YHWH, which has yet to be 'proved'. It can only be 'assumed', but so many logics refute such, unless one engages in metaphysical gymnastics or elastic Christological maneuvers. - I'm about as 'meta' as they come,...but prefer holding a Unitarian contextual view for basic 'relating', although any variation of trinitarian/modalist paradigm or other Christological nuances can be entertained.

But the burden of proof remains upon the "Jesus is YHWH" folks, and they have no proof but only assumptions, ONLY presumed because of their prefigured concept of a TRINITY, where Jesus is part of a 3-person Godhead somewhere up in heaven. Various Unitarian views are just as GOOD, from Arian to Gnostic schools,...since they are all recognize Jesus 'Christhood', his special divinity and anointing originating from the Father, and that he is the AGENT or REPRESENTATIVE of (sent by) the Father. This is all that is essential, while you can believe any variation or nuance of details in lesser important points as you choose.

There is no reason to assume Jesus is YHWH. It is unnecessary. - the burden of proof is on them, and they have none except 'assumptions' and 'Christological posturing'.

Why is it that you side with the people that deny absolute atonement, the ill of self righteousness and the presence of God that displayed immeasurable Love for all of creation?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And what remains is the burden of proof being upon those who CLAIM Jesus is YHWH, which has yet to be 'proved'.

"For the LORD is our Judge, the LORD is our Lawgiver, the LORD is our King; He will save us."
(Isaiah 33:22)

The word LORD is a substitute for YHVH.

The Father judges no one but has committed all judgement to his Son, the LORD.

The law was given by his Son, the LORD.

The King is the Son, the LORD.

We are saved by the Son's life, the LORD.

CherubRam

The term YHWH simply means self-existent, i.e., immortal.

Scripture says Jesus Christ is immortal, i.e., YHWH.

YHWH is not a proper name.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

oatmeal

This is very revealing, for any half-baked bible scholar, let alone reader of 'scripture' can see that the OP and its display of passages, with its literal (and even metaphorical) translation is completely rational & logical.

'God' (YHWH) is an incorporeal, eternal, infinite Spirit, not a 'man',....but can 'anoint', 'empower' or 'indwell' a man. - and such is the case with His 'Messiah', who is of the human seed (lineage) of David.

A 'Unitarian' view is completely rational, and is the standard understanding of all traditional Orthodox Jews and those Christians who recognize the same. John is clear in his writings that eternal life comes by believing that God sent Jesus, the Messiah, His SON, and that by believing you may have LIFE in his name,...NOT by believing that Jesus is YHWH. I think understanding the distinction may broaden your horizons.

Very well stated.

oatmeal

Good point. Is that because God is not human?

Is Jesus the firstborn of the dead with regard to being born a second time?

Are you a son of God? Will you be born of the Spirit?

Do you believe the Father is able to reproduce himself?

If you had a son would he be human? If God had a son would he God?

Why is this hard to comprehend?

You are right, God or more specifically, the God who created the heaven and the earth who had a son whom He called Joshua Emanuel, is not human

Jesus Christ was divinely conceived, but that does not make him God.

God is able to make children of Abraham from stones, He is certainly capable of having a son that is completely human, not God.

He is the first born from the dead in the sense that he was resurrected to never die again. There are plenty of people who men of God raised from dead, but not in the sense of never dying again.

Yes, I am a son of God by seed, incorruptible seed. That seed within me is spiritual, God gave to me of His spirit. I John 4:13

God's son was completely human, if God did make children of Abraham from stones would they be stones or children of Abraham?

I am a son of God, does that make me God? Am I a part of a trinity plus one?

Scripture is relatively easy to comprehend, it is religion that is difficult to accept let alone substantiate from scripture, especially when rightly divided.

daqq

Why is it that you side with the people that deny absolute atonement, the ill of self righteousness and the presence of God that displayed immeasurable Love for all of creation?

Your view of "Absolute Atonement" is a lie. YHWH is neither "our brother", nor is He "our Son", as you have blasphemously asserted elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.