Jesus is God.

Prizebeatz1

Why do you believe the Quran to be scripture?

Do you believe this?

Mark 3:24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand. 26And if Satan is divided and rises against himself, he cannot stand; his end has come.…

Do you believe this?

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Do you believe this?

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

The point is the belief that Jesus is God depends on interpretation and interpretation that comes from man is not infallible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Prizebeatz1

The Quran apposed the Bible in every way PrizeBeatz.

It is not from the King of Humility, but the king of Pride.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

So the Bible is wrong when it says "all scripture" or is the literal interpretation of the bible wrong?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

So the Bible is wrong when it says "all scripture" or is the literal interpretation of the bible wrong?

PrizeBeatz,

I will be polite about Islam out of respect to you.

However, if you would read the Hadith about Mohammed and see how contrary to the Hebrew God he is, you would have a starting point.

The qu'ran removes the sacrifice of Jesus and denies that Jesus is the son of God.

Contrast the Bible;

1 John 2:

18 Children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard, “Antichrist is coming,” even now many antichrists have come. We know from this that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you have knowledge. 21 I have not written to you because you don’t know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? This one is the antichrist: the one who denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son can have the Father; he who confesses the Son has the Father as well.

With the Quran;

Surat Mary:

86. And We shall drive the Mujrimun (polytheists, sinners, criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, etc.) to Hell, in a thirsty state (like a thirsty herd driven down to water),

87. None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from the Most Beneficent (Allah).

88. And they say: "The Most Beneficent (Allah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son ['Iesa (Christ)], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels, etc.)]."

89. Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.

90. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,

91. That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Beneficent (Allah).

92. But it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Beneficent (Allah) that He should beget a son (or offspring or children).

93. There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) as a slave.

94. Verily, He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting.

95. And everyone of them will come to Him alone on the Day of Resurrection (without any helper, or protector or defender).

96. Verily, those who believe [in the Oneness of Allah and in His Messenger (Muhammad )] and work deeds of righteousness, the Most Beneficent (Allah) will bestow love for them (in the hearts of the believers).

97. So We have made this (the Qur'an) easy in your own tongue (O Muhammad ), only that you may give glad tidings to the Muttaqun (pious and righteous persons - See V.2:2), and warn with it the Ludda (most quarrelsome) people.

98. And how many a generation before them have We destroyed! Can you (O Muhammad ) find a single one of them or hear even a whisper of them?

...................Not only are the messages diametrically apposed, but their Jesus appears to be our Anti-Christ

They make the Jesus of Hebrew Scripture their anti-Christ.

How can one work in conjunction with the other?

So no, the bible is correct.

Mohammed started a false Abrahamic faith that teaches people to hate the Jesus that died for their sins.

Might I extend the current works of orthodox Islam as evidence?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The point is the belief that Jesus is God depends on interpretation and interpretation that comes from man is not infallible.

This is why only the Spirit that draws you can answer that question.

The entire book of 1 John would be wise words to digest brother.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Getting to the heart of the matter.....

Getting to the heart of the matter.....

Scripture proves everything

Scripture is only a limited record of stories, events, personalities known and collected by the various writers of those particular time periods and are definitely influenced by the cultural context and 'belief-systems' of those various authors. It is therefore 'limited' in that sense, and does not contain all the knowledge in the world, neither can it really prove 'everything', if you want to get technical. It is limited to what it contains and the beliefs of its writers. While eternal truths, ideas and concepts may be found in its pages,...this will vary depending on what book and author you're accessing. Much more is revealed in other religious writings, since there is 'progressive revelation', and if there is, and the Spirit of God is still leading, guiding, revealing truth(s)...then Truth itself can never be limited to previous writings, since writings will always evolve as word-symbols to contain and express greater unveilings of truth.

As shared earlier here,....Jesus is a personality that represents 'God' in all the ways humanly possible, as the Son of Man and Son of God in their glorified form, which is to us an example and goal, to be perfect even as our Heavenly Father is perfect. Remember "be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect"? Jesus is the Last or Second Adam,...or the Adam-Kadmon pattern, the prototypal SON, whose image and likeness we aspire towards, as the seed or germ of God is in us, so that 'Christ' would be formed in us, reflecting the perfect sonship. Hence the community of those being transformed into God's image is called the body of Christ. This must be understood spiritually using figurative language of course.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Echad

Echad

Salvation is there whether we like it or not, whether we believe it or not. Salvation is NOT conditional. Our REALIZATION of salvation is.

On the universal level of Omnipresence,...there is nowhere you can go apart from 'God', hence no real separation anywhere :)

All is One ;)

If we are to really believe the proposition of God as 'omnipresent', there's no getting around this, unless we qualify or conditionalize that omnipresence.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
How can one be without God who is infinite? Would that not presume that God is not everywhere? If God is not everywhere then it is not God. It is something else.

Omnipresence includes all, excludes none, because nothing can exist outside of the omnipresent ONE :)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Steko... the Bludge-Hammer!

Amen to that.

Steko remains calm and cool throughout the turmoil and whatever the surroundings. [emoji106][emoji12][emoji848]

Perhaps Teddy Roosevelt would recognize a fellow soft walker. [emoji846]

God's Truth

All scripture does not mean the Qur'an.

Here is one scripture that should stop a person from continuing to contemplate believing the Mormon religion. In addition, this one scripture should stop someone from thinking of joining the Islamic/Muslim religion.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Joseph Smith says the angel Moroni gave him the other testament of Jesus Christ. Do not let anyone, nor the Mormon missionaries, try to explain away what Galatians 1:8 says! The Islamic religion claims that an angel appeared to their prophet and gave him the Qur’an.

There is a way you can know for yourself if what the Bible says about Jesus is true.

Would you like to know in a powerful way for yourself?

God's Truth

Is it more likely that we come to God through the literal Jesus or is it more likely that we come to God through the infinite eternal part of us which is what Jesus represents?

You sound as if you have been reading from too many different books.

The reading of many books will make you weary.

There is a way to know if what the Holy Bible says is true.

Jesus will reveal himself to you in a powerful way according to the Word of God as written in the Holy Bible that is what he says, but you have to do something.

See John 7:17.

You cannot take from here and there and decide for yourself what you should believe and not believe.

Who are you to do that?

Do you want the Holy Spirit to live inside you?

The Qur'an does not tell you how to have the Holy Spirit. There is only one way that tells us how to have that.

Prizebeatz1

You sound as if you have been reading from too many different books.

The reading of many books will make you weary.

There is a way to know if what the Holy Bible says is true.

Jesus will reveal himself to you in a powerful way according to the Word of God as written in the Holy Bible that is what he says, but you have to do something.

See John 7:17.

You cannot take from here and there and decide for yourself what you should believe and not believe.

Who are you to do that?

Do you want the Holy Spirit to live inside you?

The Qur'an does not tell you how to have the Holy Spirit. There is only one way that tells us how to have that.

I know my rights.