Jesus is God.

keypurr

No one knows better about a Jew than another Jew. You know that Jesus was a Jew and denies that Jesus lived as a Jew. You rather claim that he lived according to the gospel of Paul aka the NT. You know this is wrong but, instead of refuting me, you appeal to Paul the founder of Christianity. (Acts 11:26)
I think Paul was given more information then you were Ben. There would have been no need for Christ to come if folks knew and obeyed their creator.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ben Masada

If you never understand this verse and humble yourself before God you will not go to heaven.

]Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

I don't need a reward in order to behave well. Rewards are akin to treats offered to dogs and slaves to behave according to the will of their masters. Regarding Luke 22:20, Jesus never mentioned those words about shedding his blood for the sinners. That's according to the gospel of Paul. In the gospel of Jesus, we have the Prophets of the Most High speaking that no one can shed his blood for another. But I am sure you prefer the gospel of Paul than to go according to the gospel of Jesus.(Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

Ben Masada

I think Paul was given more information then you were Ben. There would have been no need for Christ to come if folks knew and obeyed their creator.

If Paul had more information than I, he would not have founded an anti-Jewish religion as we have in Acts 11:26 to destroy millions of Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. So, since we were not obeying the Creator, Jesus had to come to obey the gospel of Paul, right?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your judging me on things you do not understand.

I'm judging your theory on the basis of scripture. The term "express image" does not imply Christ was created.

Scripture says, "So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: “You are My Son, today I have begotten You.” As He also says in another place: “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.” (Hebrews 5:5-6)

To be of the order of Melchizedek, it seems clear to me that the Son was begotten some time later than Melchizedek.

Ben Masada

That sentence makes no sense, not even to jews

You don't want to understand that to acknowledge Jesus according to the gospel of Paul aka the NT is to make of him a Christian and not a Jew. That's what I meant by saying that Keyppur acknowledged Jesus as a Jew but that he lived as a Christian, according to the gospel of Paul.

djhow

I think the language of the apostle said it best.

In the beginning was The Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

There is a definite avoidance of Language here which actually explains a lot if you have eyes to see :)

it doesn't say

In the beginning was the word and the word was with Jehovah and the word was Jehovah

This is the mystery in why Jesus not only came to the Jews who had claimed they were the only people of God, he came to the world. The son of God came and said I am the light that lights all men anyone who believes that I am the son of God will find eternal life.

He left a promise, anyone who calls on my name God will answer them and come and dwell amongst them and when two or three are gathered in Jesus name there I am in the midst of you

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Jesus is the Son of God :)

Jesus WAS the son of God during those 33 years of his short life. He is no more as he is dead. And when he WAS, he WAS as part of the People of Israel and not as an individual. Please, read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Firstborn son; let My son go that he may serve Me."

keypurr

I'm judging your theory on the basis of scripture. The term "express image" does not imply Christ was created.

Scripture says, "So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: “You are My Son, today I have begotten You.” As He also says in another place: “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.” (Hebrews 5:5-6)

To be of the order of Melchizedek, it seems clear to me that the Son was begotten some time later than Melchizedek.
Scripture uses the word IMAGE. Please show me any IMAGE that is not created. Any image.

Christ came to glorify his God/Father. And he did. Christ had glory with the Father before the world was created. He gave that up to obey his Father and become flesh.

djhow

Jesus is the son of God and not the son of Jehovah. He said before Jehovah was I Am. You do not know the Father, I have come from the Father to show all things. If you want to see God then look to me and if you believe I am the son of God then you will find life eternal and the way will be opened up to you.

I believe he was the son of God and he said all men are children of God. He said to sinners "the kingdom is within you" He never said become someone or something else to find see the kingdom of God all you need to do is be born again.

Whatsover you do to the least of my brethren you do unto me.

Ben Masada

I think the language of the apostle said it best.

None of the apostles of Jesus wrote any thing in the NT. They were Jewish and Jews would not write against their own Faith aka Judaism.

In the beginning was The Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

There is nothing to do with Jesus in this statement above.

There is a definite avoidance of Language here which actually explains a lot if you have eyes to see :) it doesn't say.

Jesus himself said in his Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews that they were the light of the world. Read Matthew 5:14.

In the beginning was the word and the word was with Jehovah and the word was Jehovah.

The same as above.

This is the mystery in why Jesus not only came to the Jews who had claimed they were the only people of God. The son of God came and said I am the light that lights all men anyone who believes that I am the son of God will find eternal life.

Jesus had said before that the Jews were the light of the world. Probably because Jesus acknowledged in Exodus 4:22,23 that Israel was the son of God as a People. Jesus never said any thing about eternal life. He knew that only HaShem is eternal. The Lord could never share eternal life with man as God only is eternal.

He left a promise, anyone who calls on my name God will answer them and come and dwell amongst them and when two or three are gathered in Jesus name there I am in the midst of you

So, the Patriarchs could not have HaShem to dwell among them because they never gathered in Jesus' name! Christians don't cease amazing me!

djhow

God has always been there and always forgiving and it's not that Jesus made it possible to know of God or God's grace and beauty and can be found by anyone at any time. The language maybe different but anyone can take a moment to rest in God.

Jesus came to correct the notion that God's people were exclusive to the claim under the name of Jehovah. The son of God came to the world and told us you are children of God and your sins are forgiven. Yes he fulfilled the law and scripture and gave the Jews all the blood they would ever need to find God. He did it willingly cos he loved them. His blood to be the last and the debt paid that no court heavenly or earthly could lay claim to your soul and say you are not of God.

With this he gave us the right to become sons of God and it's by faith believing him to be the Son of God.

djhow

Consider this

We know about floods and Tsunami's a bit now and as we've witnessed in our own life time, small floods in comparison to the great flood.

But we do know that people get displaced hundreds and thousands of miles and survive. In a day and age when you didn't know about the world and that there were other people of different cultures.

When all these people climbed to the high ground would it not be a shock to discover other humans who spoke other languages. Would you not be forgiven for thinking that God had confused them because God was angry and not pleased?

Do we not all see quirks of fate and believe God somehow intervened?

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

Scripture uses the word IMAGE. Please show me any IMAGE that is not created. Any image.

Christ came to glorify his God/Father. And he did. Christ had glory with the Father before the world was created. He gave that up to obey his Father and become flesh.

I think God's image is misunderstood. God is infinite and eternal and therefore has no image. We are also infinite and eternal because our true identity is the soul which is also infinite and eternal. Like Father like Son. This is not a coincidence. We are one with God because of the soul. This is what the scriptures are trying to tell us but there always seems to be something more important.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

keypurr

I think God's image is misunderstood. God is infinite and eternal and therefore has no image. We are also infinite and eternal because our true identity is the soul which is also infinite and eternal. Like Father like Son. This is not a coincidence. We are one with God because of the soul. This is what the scriptures are trying to tell us but there always seems to be something more important.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
Sure he has an image. His person, his mind, his power. Christ is a created copy of the Father. God is spirit and so is Christ. You can not see spirits unless they take a form.

If we worship in the spirit We are one with our God. Jesus said that. But it yet to be determined if our souls are eternal.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Christ learned obedience by the things he suffered.

who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” of whom we have much to say and hard to explain since you have become dull of hearing. (Hebrews 5:7-11)​

After Christ had been perfected he became the author of salvation to all who obey him. This is how he became a likeness of his Father.

dodge

If Paul had more information than I, he would not have founded an anti-Jewish religion as we have in Acts 11:26 to destroy millions of Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. So, since we were not obeying the Creator, Jesus had to come to obey the gospel of Paul, right?

Paul preached the same thing as Jesus ! Sorry you cannot see the TRUTH.

keypurr

Christ learned obedience by the things he suffered.

who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” of whom we have much to say and hard to explain since you have become dull of hearing. (Hebrews 5:7-11)​

After Christ had been perfected he became the author of salvation to all who obey him. This is how he became a likeness of his Father.
We was obedient when he came to us. He did not come of his own accord.