Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pay attention...
1Jn 1:1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us--

What does scripture teach you about... What was from the beginning?

Pay attention as we need to get a little deeper comparing both John 1:1 with 1 John 1:1

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word." 1 John 1:1"What was from the beginning, what we have heard."

Notice that in John what is from the beginning is the word, and in 1 John what is from the beginning is something that they heard (a message) .

Look closely...

1 John 2:7 - "Beloved, I am writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard."

In 1 John 1:1 what was from the beginning is something that they heard, here in 1 John 2:7 the old commandment is what they have had from the beginning, (sound familiar?) and the old commandment is the "WORD" that they what? Heard! The same as in 1 John 1:1.

So, What commandment is John speaking about?

John is speaking about what Jesus called the greatest commandment, ( Mark 12:29-30 ) the commandment of love which God gave the Hebrews from the beginning. The message of love that the proclamation of the Kingdom of God brings with it.

How do we know for sure that this is the message and/or the commandment that they heard from the beginning? Because John tells you so in 1 John 3:11 and 1 John 3:23:

"For this is the message you have HEARD from the BEGINNING: we should love one another."

"And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another."

Loving one another is how the world will know that we are followers of God’s Christ.

John 13:30 – "This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

According to Paul (Romans 13:9), the law of love is the fulfillment of the Mosaic Law and it is the Law in the coming Kingdom of God which the Messiah has come to proclaim. These are Jesus’ own words.

John is talking about the Message or Logos (known by you as “Word”!)

By making John 1 a Trinity support verse, you lose so much truth!

Really, then why do none of the disciples water baptize in this way? :readthis: Read your bible and stop preaching what you hear in church! The disciples ALWAYS water baptize in the Name of Jesus!!! :rolleyes:

So what is Matthew talking about in Matthew 28:19...If you read you bible like a Jew wrote it then you would understand!!! :doh:

Name - 1. designates more than the external person; it tends to express his basic character, his personality. We might say it is an emanation of the person himself. 2. authority of, expressing attributes, in acknowledgment or confession of (NABD & VED).

This definition helps us in a verse like John 17:26:"I (Jesus) made known to them your name and I will make it known."

Jesus obviously did not come to inform the Apostles that God’s name is YHWH. He came to explain God’s character, His attributes, His will, so that we could come to truly know God and follow His ways. This understanding of the word "name" along with the definition of the next word "baptize" will clear up your misunderstood verse.

Baptize - We always think of being baptized in water, either as infants or adults. Yes, this definition is used many times in the New Testament, but there is also another meaning.

Baptize - 1. to unite together, to become closely bound to (TGEL & VED).

Now we will put together the definitions of "name" and "baptize" to get the true meaning of Matthew 28:19. Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words has this commentary on this verse:

"The phrase in Matthew 28:19, ‘baptize them in the name’ would indicate that the baptized person was closely bound to, or became property of, the one in whose name he was baptized." With these definitions we can safely paraphrase this verse as follows:

"Go out into the world and introduce or bring them into the knowledge of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

Which is exactly what they did. The Apostles had to go into the world and explain to the Gentiles who God is, who the Son (The Messiah) is, and also about the power that they would receive from God’s Spirit. If we take it to mean that we are to water baptize people in the actual name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, then why is it that no one in the Bible ever uses this formula to water baptize believers?

There is a very strong position held by many scholars that this verse was not part of the original text of Matthew’s Gospel, as Eusebius, a third century Christian apologist, quoted the text in a shorter form rather than the form that now appears in the gospel. It reads,

"Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in my name" (which is in agreement with what was just given above).

I wanted... I did... and I cared enough to document it for you! Jesus wants you to know the biblical truth... not your traditions of men!

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

The post is too long for his attention span.

oatmeal

This is your standard trolling redress. Why would I care what a sixth grader thinks of college, Oat? How could you possibly think that'd phase me or any other college grad? It doesn't. It is just an ignorant remark coming from you that we all quickly forget as we place you back on ignore (where you deserve to be).

:dizzy: :kookoo:

How amusing!

You cannot tell the difference in the meaning of the word "is" from the word "with" and you put your comprehension skills on a pedestal?

"with" is a preposition denoting a close proximity of two objects

"is" is from the verb "to be" indicating existence

How can someone with your "incredible" education not know that?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Those attacks from you make you sound exactly like your father, the accuser of the brethren.

What is all that hate inside you?

This.........

Psalm 97:10 KJV
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

This Psalm does not apply to you.

You love yourself.

journey

In the meantime, Jesus Christ is and always has been God. He is One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Those who deny Him are lost because He is the only way to Salvation.

Lon

[/U][/B]

What?

You mean you didn't like him calling you ignorant, because he wasn't as gracious as you were, in calling him a liar?

:juggle:
I wish you knew how to read and had better grades in literature :sigh:

(you missed the critical conjunction 'or' and are now off on a meaningless tangent that doesn't address anybody - for you, par)

Lon

How amusing!

You cannot tell the difference in the meaning of the word "is" from the word "with" and you put your comprehension skills on a pedestal?

"with" is a preposition denoting a close proximity of two objects

"is" is from the verb "to be" indicating existence

How can someone with your "incredible" education not know that?
Oh, I did, but that wasn't our disagreement, now, was it? :nono: Go ahead, amuse yourself all you like. I ignore you for exactly this kind of thing and will continue to leave you there. This is going nowhere other than ad hominem. Let's just leave it at you 'thinking' I'm not too swift and me surmising the same about you. See how that works? Neither of us getting anywhere, just stupid posturing for no good end. Keep it Oatmeal. This is why I ignore these days. It doesn't interest me. I want to share what I believe is scripture and true and I'm not interested in the fight. You don't like it from my side and I don't like it from your's. Enough said. I just answered a few posts so as not to drive-by and be polite but I think that courtesy is finished now. :wave:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe it?

Jesus is made God (theos) by His Father.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,

Joh 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

1Pe 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

LA

God's Truth

Jesus is made God (theos) by His Father.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,

Joh 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

1Pe 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

LA

God can become a Man. Man cannot become God.

God's Truth

This.........

Psalm 97:10 KJV
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

This Psalm does not apply to you.

You love yourself.

You are doing the devil's work.

2 Timothy 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I wish you knew how to read and had better grades in literature :sigh:

(you missed the critical conjunction 'or' and are now off on a meaningless tangent that doesn't address anybody - for you, par)

Really?

Maybe you oughta put that dumb lookin' hat back on.

Then we can all see who I'm addressing.

oatmeal

Oh, I did, but that wasn't our disagreement, now, was it? :nono: Go ahead, amuse yourself all you like. I ignore you for exactly this kind of thing and will continue to leave you there. This is going nowhere other than ad hominem. Let's just leave it at you 'thinking' I'm not too swift and me surmising the same about you. See how that works? Neither of us getting anywhere, just stupid posturing for no good end. Keep it Oatmeal. This is why I ignore these days. It doesn't interest me. I want to share what I believe is scripture and true and I'm not interested in the fight. You don't like it from my side and I don't like it from your's. Enough said. I just answered a few posts so as not to drive-by and be polite but I think that courtesy is finished now. :wave:

I sorry that your education, or rather lack thereof, does not allow you to read John 1:1 with any sense of comprehension.

To ignore the difference between the meanings of the words "is" and "with" is sheer folly.

Do you believe you can simply substitute one for the other where ever they might occur?

OR do you think God does not know the difference in the meanings of the two words, thus you have to make excuses for Him?

The trinity is pagan theology and forcing verses that clearly deny the trinity to "support" it.

God appreciates people who honestly study scripture

Elia

God can become a Man. Man cannot become God.

Bs'd

We are not allowed to worship a man:

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19