Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Krsto

You have a bad attitude partner! I'll have to decide if you're even worth posting with? I'll let you know! For now, I'll ignore your "unpleasantness!"

I have a bad attitude because I said your exegesis is sloppy? (sigh)

I just noticed you gave me a neg rep for that. (sigh)

I'll throw you a bone! Only deity can forgive sin!
Unless, that is, if the authority is delegated by "god" as it was in the case of Jesus as illustrated in the Bible, i.e., "All power is GIVEN unto me" (Matthew 28:18).

As you probably know, Jesus was able to forgive sin while walking this earth in His physical body! When the soldiers came to take Jesus, in the garden they asked if He were Jesus; He replied; "I AM" which made them fall back! As we know, when Moses was speaking with the burning bush, Moses asked, who shall I say has sent me? God, through the burning bush said, I'AM!
It's a pity that you have the same problem understanding what Jesus is supposed to have said in the gospel of John that all of the actors had.

John 1: 1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
I suppose you had a point. It's a rotten shame that you went through all the trouble of typing your post to not present one.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GM, this forum isn't for the purpose of labeling someone based on what they believe so nobody else will find out what they believe. It's about finding out what people believe and judging from there. This is a discussion forum, after all.

Well, that's one mans/woman's opinion!

genuineoriginal

Only deity can forgive sin! As you probably know, Jesus was able to forgive sin while walking this earth

Matthew 9:4-8
4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
7 And he arose, and departed to his house.
8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.​

Is there any reason you believe that God can not or would not give the power to forgive sins to men?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Unless, that is, if the authority is delegated by "god" as it was in the case of Jesus as illustrated in the Bible, i.e., "All power is GIVEN unto me" (Matthew 28:18).

It's a pity that you have the same problem understanding what Jesus is supposed to have said in the gospel of John that all of the actors had.

I suppose you had a point. It's a rotten shame that you went through all the trouble of typing this post to not present one.

Well, what we have here, is a nest of "Non-Trinatarians" Combined
with some folks that don't seem to believe in the deity of Christ!

You do realize, we'll never have a meeting of the minds on this
subject, correct?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.​

Is there any reason you believe that God can not or would not give the power to forgive sins to men?

All you need to do is go to the nearest RCC and confess your sin to the priest. He will forgive you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

So, are you saying that Christ was a "mere man?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I always think somebody is hiding something when they use "Other" as
their affiliation! It's just me but, it seems they don't want to say, because
they know posters won't respond well if the knew the truth! Maybe, the
self-said 'Other' is part of a cult or other unorthodox belief system?

I always think somebody is hiding something when they use "Other" as their affiliation! It's just me but, it seems they don't want to say, because they know posters won't respond well if the knew the truth! Maybe, the self-said 'Other' is part of a cult or other unorthodox belief system?
You're just paranoid. You should probably take that up with your psychiatrist too :chuckle:.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
UP, when 'newbies' display a lot of aggression (such as you) when they
first arrive on TOL, it makes me think they might have been here before,
under another name or, they're just angry, argumentative, chip on their
shoulder kind of people? Those are the only two categories I can think of!