Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God dealt with the House of Israel in the Old Testament! Now, we live in
accordance with, what Paul calls; The Dispensation of Grace!" Both Jew
and gentile comprise the church; the body of Christ!

If your mind wasn't so clouded with the occultist Urantia book, you might be
able to read the Bible, hear the Grace message, and become a child of God?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So? How does that make Jesus "god" and/or divine (as Under Pressure prepares for the next movement of the goalposts)?

God the Father has delegated power to his divine, eternal Son. Your cluelessness does not change that fact.

"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Caino is a cultist
UP doesn't seem to believe in the "Deity" of Christ!

Yet, they argue among themselves! Neither has the truth on their side!

God the Father has delegated power to his divine, eternal Son.
I think that I have already conceded that Jesus was given certain powers by "god." That Jesus need be given anything by "god" clearly indicates that they are not equal as the trinity doctrine dictates.

Your cluelessness does not change that fact.
You are having trouble supporting your assertions else you wouldn't be resorting to a personal attack :sigh:.

"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."
I fail to see how this verse supports the notion that Jesus is "god" and/or divine. Please explain.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I Never said that Jesus said it was wrong, he just didn't stone people to death or seek vengeance in an eye for an eye. He introduced a new way of thinking, he revealed Gods way.

Both "ways" were, God's ways! God dealt with the Jews in the
Old Testament in accordance with the Law! Gentiles NEVER
received the law, by the way!

Krsto

Considering that God is a matter of faith, non understandable, and Jesus was a matter of faith (the apostle were even perplexed by him), then how would any subsequent writings, such as the NT be anything more than a shadowy metaphysical discussion? Our faith in Jesus still constitutes mystery yet we trust and do the best we can to understand. Be patient, he will eventually lead us into all truth.

Yes and I take by faith that what Peter, James, John, Paul, et al, proposed was inspired truth. Not necessarily verbal plenary inspiration - I don't see the point since we don't have the originals and what we do have everyone except the King James Only loonies believes is faulty.

I give the biblical writers the benefit of the doubt and recognize that they are the only authorities worth anything when it comes to Christ and Christianity. I do recognize the degree of doubt which we must operate with but I believe God inserted himself and his Son into the affairs of man in just such a way that we would have to operate by faith rather than by thinking we know something for sure like the Catholics and other cult groups tend to want to do.

I don't need their feeling of certainty to walk with God as a disciple of his Son Jesus Christ but I don't think "any subsequent writings, such as the NT be anything more than a shadowy metaphysical discussion." I think what they understood was accurate and correct, it's just up to us to "figure it out" as to what they actually believed based on what they wrote. I think the church gets it wrong so much of the time, though the church of today is far better off than what Martin Luther had to contend with 500 years ago.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I await your unambiguous evidence. So far [crickets chirping].

I'll throw you a bone! Only deity can forgive sin! As you probably
know, Jesus was able to forgive sin while walking this earth in His
physical body! When the soldiers came to take Jesus, in the garden
they asked if He were Jesus; He replied; "I AM" which made them
fall back! As we know, when Moses was speaking with the burning
bush, Moses asked, who shall I say has sent me? God, through
the burning bush said, I'AM!

John 1: 1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Krsto

.......with all power and authority in heaven and on earth. :chuckle:

Why do you find it such an amusing thought that God would give all power and authority in heaven and earth to a human being. First of all, that power and authority is limited to just whatever God wants it to be limited to. He didn't give him the power and authority to create galaxies, for example. He just has all power and authority within the sphere that God mapped out for him, which is limited to the salvation and sanctification of souls, among other things.

Krsto

I'll throw you a bone! Only deity can forgive sin! As you probably
know, Jesus was able to forgive sin while walking this earth in His
physical body! When the soldiers came to take Jesus, in the garden
they asked if He were Jesus; He replied; "I AM" which made them
fall back! As we know, when Moses was speaking with the burning
bush, Moses asked, who shall I say has sent me? God, through
the burning bush said, I'AM!

John 1: 1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

And because Jesus said I am and they fell back, and God at the burning bush said, "I am sent you," then Jesus was equating himself with that utterance?

Sloppy exegesis. Typical trinitarian sloppy exegesis.

Yes, only deity can forgive sin, so Jesus got his "deity" from another source, his Father. IOW, God delegated that authority to the man, Christ Jesus. That does nothing to support your premise that Jesus is a co-equal God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And because Jesus said I am and they fell back, and God at the burning bush said, "I am sent you," then Jesus was equating himself with that utterance?

Sloppy exegesis. Typical trinitarian sloppy exegesis.

Yes, only deity can forgive sin, so Jesus got his "deity" from another source, his Father. IOW, God delegated that authority to the man, Christ Jesus. That does nothing to support your premise that Jesus is a co-equal God.

You have a bad attitude partner! I'll have to decide if you're even worth posting with? I'll let you know! For now, I'll ignore your "unpleasantness!"

Krsto

If you listen to Caino, you're listening to one who preaches "falsity!"

GM, this forum isn't for the purpose of labeling someone based on what they believe so nobody else will find out what they believe. It's about finding out what people believe and judging from there. This is a discussion forum, after all.