Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

glorydaz

I can see what you see and it isn't good. You have been shown the truth year after year and refuse to accept it. No one can make you accept it Keypurr . That only comes with a change of heart.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 American Standard Version (ASV)

17 Wherefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature: the old things are passed away; behold, they are become new.

18 But all things are of God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and gave unto us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 We are ambassadors therefore on behalf of Christ, as though God were entreating by us: we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be ye reconciled to God.

21 Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

:thumb:

THall

BTW, what is the preposition and what is the subject, while you're making a fool of yourself?

Actually, while you are making a fool of yourself....again......

At the minimum, a prepositional phrase will begin with a preposition and end with a noun, pronoun, gerund, or clause, the "object" of the preposition.

The object of the preposition will often have one or more modifiers to describe it. These are the patterns for a prepositional phrase:

Preposition + Noun, Pronoun, Gerund, or Clause

Preposition + Modifier(s) + Noun, Pronoun, Gerund, or Clause

Here is an example of the most basic prepositional phrase:

At home

At = preposition; home = noun.

Here is an example of a modifier added to basic prepositional phrase:

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Technically we have the subject "we", the action (verb) is "wait", and the object is the noun "hope". The object is then further defined as "the appearing" (an event) the preposition "of" the noun "glory" which is then modified by a second prepositional phrase "of....God," the noun being "God".

In formal English the noun almost always follows the preposition, and is ALWAYS the object of the preposition. The prepositional phrase is ALWAYS use as an adverb or adjective to describe a noun generally found previous to the phrase, poorly written English can and does occasionally transpose that, but it is not done properly and adds confusion or ambiguity to the intended meaning.

In Titus 2:13 we have multiple prepositional phrases, one which very simply functions as an adjective for the object "hope", which in this case is the appearing of Jesus Christ. The secondary phrase, "of our great God" describes the word "GLORY" and tells us who the glory is attributed toward. The word God, in this verse, used in the prepositional phrase only denotes and describes the object "Glory". It is a complete falsehood, and violates the rules of language structure to attempt to say that an objective noun of a prepositional phrase can by equated to a synonym for another phrase's object. Take an English class,

AND PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

StanJ

At the minimum, a prepositional phrase will begin with a preposition and end with a noun, pronoun, gerund, or clause, the "object" of the preposition.

A rather onerous and non responsive post THall.
What Uni site did you get all this from?

Titus 2:13 is one of the easiest verses to understand in modern English, without even knowing the Granville Sharp rule, and as the majority of credentialed scholars have PROPERLY translated it into English, your prevarication and obfuscation doesn't work at all.

The PHRASE, is;
"the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ"

Imposing English grammatical rules on Greek is just plain disingenuous to say the least and shows how desperate people of your ilk are to prove a point they CAN'T.
The second of is important, NOT the first, which you conveniently miss.
Granville Sharp's rule applies to and, even though in English we would normally take God AND Savior as the same person. In this case, that would be Jesus Christ.

I give you a great big FAIL in this regard.

THall

A rather onerous and non responsive post THall.
What Uni site did you get all this from?

Titus 2:13 is one of the easiest verses to understand in modern English, without even knowing the Granville Sharp rule, and as the majority of credentialed scholars have PROPERLY translated it into English, your prevarication and obfuscation doesn't work at all.

The PHRASE, is;
"the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ"

Your lack of education and naive simplistic
views show your ignorance. You are led like a
sheep with a nose ring. Wise up.

THall

You have a problem with simplicity? Were the apostles educated men?

Luke was, and even more importantly,
Christ was educated by the originator of....

all truth.

John 7:16 "16 Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me."

John 5:20
"20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel."

StanJ

Your lack of education and naive simplistic
views show your ignorance. You are led like a
sheep with a nose ring. Wise up.

You all pretty much have the same style... condescending and supercilious with much hubris.
Must be the style of apologetic taught in your cult.

keypurr

You and ALL your ilk don't accept the scriptures, so why would I bother? You know then all anyway, but just won't admit or submit to them.

I have been in your shoes, they hurt my feet.
The false teachings are like a pebble under my feet.

StanJ

I have been in your shoes, they hurt my feet.
The false teachings are like a pebble under my feet.

Here's your sign.

images

THall

all pretty much have the same style... condescending and supercilious with much hubris.
Must be the style of apologetic taught in your cult.

"You and ALL your ilk don't accept the scriptures, so why would I bother? You know then all anyway, but just won't admit or submit to them."

Were you looking in the mirror and thinking of Freud, when you said the above tripe?:loser::loser:

StanJ

Jesus told you the only true God
was his father, you should listen,
or stop calling yourself a disciple of Christ.

Jesus told me you are a false teacher, so I do listen to Him.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.