Jesus is God !

Ben Masada

Isaiah 9:6 The Mighty God
John 20:28 My LORD and my God.
Genesis 1 The WORD created ALL things and the WORD was GOD! John 1:1 and John 1:14

Isaiah 9:6 is a reference of Isaiah to the welcome the Gentiles of the Galilee would pay as homage to the Jews returning from Babylon as the real owners of the Land of Israel were back home.

Aimiel

The reference of Emmanuel in Isaiah has nothing to do with Jesus as an individual but to the Jews in general if you read Isaiah 8:8. The Prophet says that when the king of Assyria invaded Judah, Isaiah implied that he had invaded "All thy Land Emmanuel" aka the Land of Judah. It means that Isaiah's reference was to Judah qua Emmanuel.
You simply don't understand. He is within us. He is God. The Spirit of God is The Spirit of Christ. He lives inside of believers. You have your ideas of what God meant. We know, since He lives within us Who and What He is.

Aimiel

From this it is seen that when Paul wrote of Christ Jesus that "In Him dwelleth all the fulness of deity" he said that all the qualities of God dwelt in Christ Jesus our Lord. In view of that, one may be sure that whatever 'godhead' may be thought to mean, it surely does not properly represent the meaning of the Greek words Paul wrote.
I tend to agree. All the Fulness of Good was in Him, since He is The Way, The Truth, The Life and now (by your own admission): The Good.

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

He definitely IS Good. There is only One God. He is Good. Jesus has ALL The Good in Him. All the Deity. All The Fulness of God, since He actually IS God.

Ben Masada

You simply don't understand. He is within us. He is God. The Spirit of God is The Spirit of Christ. He lives inside of believers. You have your ideas of what God meant. We know, since He lives within us Who and What He is.

As I can see, you need another evidence that Isaiah meant Judah as Emmanuel. The book of Job is an allegory about Emmanuel. Job represents Israel the Jewish People and his three friends represent the Gentiles. Now, if you read Job 42:7-9, at the end of the book the Lord was displeased with Job's friends and required of them to offer a sacrifice for their guilty but THROUGH Job in order to be accepted by the Lord. So, Job was being pictured as Israel being Emmanuel between God and the Gentiles.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Offsprings of The One Original........

Offsprings of The One Original........

As I said, evasion of points I made with scripture !

Well, you know how "cherry-picking" goes ;)

Continuing on from here (all links), we see that only 'God' the Infinite Spirit-Intelligence,....is 'Real God'.....while all else is but an expression, reflection, modification or personification of that Original One. In this case,....all beings with form/personality(individuality) are the offspring of that One Source, whom we call the Universal Father. Only this 'One' is 'Real God', who is beyond conception, formless, infinite, unborn, undying, timeless, ever-Being.

We might honor/worship a Creator-Son such as Jesus, or if in another universe-system, the Creator-Son of that system....as serving as 'God' to us (in representation),...but there is still always only One Universal Father of all worlds and beings, in a relational hierarchy. There is a 'Father' preceding every Son, in procession. The Universal Father (the Father of fathers) is the Original Ancestor/Progenitor of all. Only 'God' is 'God', besides whom there is no other, being the One and Only Originator.

Jesus pointed us to the Infinite One.....as Spirit. Out from and out of this infinite One are all things and beings.

pj

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I tend to agree. All the Fulness of Good was in Him, since He is The Way, The Truth, The Life and now (by your own admission): The Good.

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

He definitely IS Good. There is only One God. He is Good. Jesus has ALL The Good in Him. All the Deity. All The Fulness of God, since He actually IS God.

:doh:

What do you think Godhead means?

Little different when you're put on the spot aint it?

You do understand that Godhead and trinity are not interchangeable,
right?

beloved57

That the Lord Jesus Christ is also God, as well as the Arch Angel Michael, the Prince of God's Covenant People the Church Dan 12:1

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

We know that Michael this Great Prince is the Arch Angel Jude 1:9

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Now lets briefly recall a sacred story in the OT in the Book of Judges, when the Parents of Sampson had a visit from the Angel of the LORD, whom I believe is Both, The Preincarnate Word, Jesus Christ as well as Michael the Arch Angel Judes 13:1-3

And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord delivered them into the hand of the Philistines forty years.

2 And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not.

3 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.

In Vs 3 the Divine Visitor appears to Sampsons Mother to be, and in Vs 6 she informs her Husband that a Man of God had spoken with her Vs
6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

This indicates that this Divine Beign had the shape, form and appearance of a Man, which is why I believe it the Man Mediator, the Lord Jesus Christ 1 Tim 2:5 before the incarnation, now later in Vs 8-9 the Man of God/ Angel converses with Manoah and his wife :

8 Then Manoah intreated the Lord, and said, O my Lord, let the man of God which thou didst send come again unto us, and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born.

9 And God hearkened to the voice of Manoah; and the angel of God came again unto the woman as she sat in the field: but Manoah her husband was not with her.

In there conversing Manoah asked the Angel His Name Vs 17

17 And Manoah said unto the angel of the Lord, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?

Which the Angel replied in Vs 18

18 And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

And the word secret I believe is an hint to who He is, for its the same word wonderful found here Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Yet notice again in Vs 6 He is the Mighty God, and the Prince of peace, which I believe refers to the Chief Prince Dan 12:1

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Also, the word Prince can be translated Head, the Great Head which standeth for the Children of thy People !

Now who is the Great Head f God's People the Church, the Called out ones, Its Christ !

Aimiel

I believe there is only One God. Numbers and time and space are irrelevant to Him. He once occupied a single cell (within Mary's womb). He is Father, Son, Holy Ghost and Lord of Hosts. One cannot count the number of conversations He is partaking of at any given second, since He always has something to say to every single one of His children. His Eye is everywhere and yet we cannot even see Him. Placing a limit upon Him and saying that He cannot be a man and walk the earth is simply bowing down to one's own idol or imagined god. God has no limits. He is timeless and un-limited by space or by anything, really.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I believe there is only One God. Numbers and time and space are irrelevant to Him. He once occupied a single cell (within Mary's womb). He is Father, Son, Holy Ghost and Lord of Hosts. One cannot count the number of conversations He is partaking of at any given second, since He always has something to say to every single one of His children. His Eye is everywhere and yet we cannot even see Him. Placing a limit upon Him and saying that He cannot be a man and walk the earth is simply bowing down to one's own idol or imagined god. God has no limits. He is timeless and un-limited by space or by anything, really.

You just placed a limit that God once occupied a single cell.

You said God occupies every cell.

Aimiel

You just placed a limit that God once occupied a single cell.

You said God occupies every cell.
He is Omnipresent but His Son is unique in that He is God and ALL of God not just part. The fulness of The Godhead dwells in Him. God is able to be and do more than you have imagined.

keypurr

My God has no limits. But he is only one person. He has a son Christ. I do not believe that Michael is his son like Christ is. I did at one time.

Gurucam

Jesus is God !!

Jesus is the son of God.

Currently, Jesus sits at the right side of God.

Jesus is the way, the Truth and the life, no one comes onto God but through Jesus.

Humans are physical. God is Spirit. Jesus if given by God to go between Humans and God.

Jesus must remain a different entity in order to make intercession with God on behalf of humans.

Those who want to deny this fact are on their foolish own.

To claim that Jesus is God is blasphemy of sought. Stop it for your own good.

beloved57

Jesus is the son of God.

Currently, Jesus sits at the right side of God.

Jesus is the way, the Truth and the life, no one comes onto God but through Jesus.

Humans are physical. God is Spirit. Jesus if given by God to go between Humans and God.

Jesus must remain a different entity in order to make intercession with God on behalf of humans.

Those who want to deny this fact are on their foolish own.

To claim that Jesus is God is blasphemy of sought. Stop it for your own good.

We don't believe in the same God and Jesus, your Jesus might not be God, but the one I believe in is both The Son of God and God, so see you at the Judgment !