Jesus died for the forgiveness of all your sins

beloved57

I have no reason to, as I was first to post and ask you what you disagreed with when you made a false statement or claim. So far you have not shown your statement as a response to be true. You either did not read my post or you have a reason for not answering.
Then you believe in salvation by works, by what a person does.You can quote scripture all day and night.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No you don't claim it, but it's still true.
You say it is true, and I showed you it is not. And you still haven't said what it was that you were disagreeing with. If what you were disagreeing is what you believe I said that would make your claim true, this sure is a long way of building up a case and asking a question without providing any evidence or answer to my question about why you disagreed and stated what you did.

Your tactics hurt my brain. I am not scared. I want the best for you, and you do not accept my answers. You want them on your terms, and you are relentless in your pursuit of this. Does your question deal with my words or with yours? It is your question.

beloved57

You say it is true, and I showed you it is not. And you still haven't said what it was that you were disagreeing with. If what you were disagreeing is what you believe I said that would make your claim true, this sure is a long way of building up a case and asking a question without providing any evidence or answer to my question about why you disagreed and stated what you did.

Your tactics hurt my brain. I am not scared. I want the best for you, and you do not accept my answers. You want them on your terms, and you are relentless in your pursuit of this. Does your question deal with my words or with yours? It is your question.
Yes it's true, that is why you won't answer the question.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes it's true, that is why you won't answer the question.
You said something about works salvation. I don't know what that is.

However, do you have even one example of anywhere in all my years on TOL where you believe I have taught salvation by works? If not, we do not need to continue the discussion along these lines.

beloved57

You said something about works salvation. I don't know what that is.

However, do you have even one example of anywhere in all my years on TOL where you believe I have taught salvation by works? If not, we do not need to continue the discussion along these lines.
You teach that. Answer the question and you will see why I say that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You teach that. Answer the question and you will see why I say that.
You are incorrect and you have produced no evidence.

Answering the question you have posed with the understanding that you already have a way planned out for how you will show why you say that, is not an enjoyable proposition.

You say I am scared. But so far, for anyone following this, you can only potentially have evidence to support what you are saying. You have chosen not to answer my question of you.

I will tell you what I have come up with.

James refers to faith and works. Other places in the Bible refer to good works. But these are not for salvation. And, James doesn't contradict what Paul wrote here.

Romans 4:5 NASB - 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Plus, justification and salvation are different but terms that many relate to each other, such as that if you are justified you are saved. But you have spoken none of this.

So I don't answer you still.

I am under the impression that you need help with your question.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 15:14 NASB - 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.

Galatians 2:21 NASB - 21 "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

beloved57

You are incorrect and you have produced no evidence.

Answering the question you have posed with the understanding that you already have a way planned out for how you will show why you say that, is not an enjoyable proposition.

You say I am scared. But so far, for anyone following this, you can only potentially have evidence to support what you are saying. You have chosen not to answer my question of you.

I will tell you what I have come up with.

James refers to faith and works. Other places in the Bible refer to good works. But these are not for salvation. And, James doesn't contradict what Paul wrote here.

Romans 4:5 NASB - 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Plus, justification and salvation are different but terms that many relate to each other, such as that if you are justified you are saved. But you have spoken none of this.

So I don't answer you still.

I am under the impression that you need help with your question.
You teach salvation by works !

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ok, are those Christ died for forgiven by His blood and have eternal life before they repent and believe? Yes or no?
You must believe to have eternal life.

1 Peter 1:9 NASB - 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

Matthew 25:46 NASB - 46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

John 3:15-16, 36 NASB - 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. ... 36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 5:24 NASB - 24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:47 NASB - 47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

Acts 13:48 NASB - 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

1 Timothy 1:16 NASB - 16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

We have all sinned. God's forgiveness is found in Jesus Christ who died for you.

Romans 3:23 NASB

Romans 6:23 NASB

The free gift of God is eternal life. Repent and believe the gospel to be saved.

Forgiveness is found in no one else. Read the Bible, ask a friend, or ask a question here. Please comment with scripture or not in how you agree. If you do not understand the gospel you can ask about it.

Untellectual! Sorry, but your arguments are not logical. Indeed, If God's eternal life were a free gift to man, there would be no need to repent neither to believe the gospel. Man would already be born to live forever. But things are not so. Evidence of the fact is that, when man was forbidden to eat of the tree of life, the reason was because he could not live forever which is another evidence of the fact in Genesis 3:22. The reality of things cannot be the way you have decided it should be.

fishrovmen

"Jesus died for the forgiveness of your sins" is not correct. You will not find that statement in the Bible.

Jesus died on the cross to abolish sin, death and the devil so that "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

When Jesus died the whole human race died with him, Romans 6:6. This is why Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ" Galatians 2:20.

Our sins are forgiven because sin has been abolished.

The true Jesus died for permanent forgiveness of sin, not your temporary limited atonement.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
untel

Thats eternal life by works, for believing is something man does !
No. You don't understand. The eternal life is because of what Jesus did. That is where the believing comes in. You are believing it is what Jesus did.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Untellectual! Sorry, but your arguments are not logical. Indeed, If God's eternal life were a free gift to man, there would be no need to repent neither to believe the gospel. Man would already be born to live forever. But things are not so. Evidence of the fact is that, when man was forbidden to eat of the tree of life, the reason was because he could not live forever which is another evidence of the fact in Genesis 3:22. The reality of things cannot be the way you have decided it should be.
The eternal life is a free gift. If you do not believe it you do not have eternal life. But you are believing that the eternal life is because of what Jesus did, not what you did.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Kind of strange! You teach salvation by the blood of Jesus; and Jesus taught salvation by listening to "Moses" aka the Law if you read Luke 16:29-31. Do you wonder now why I prefer Jesus to you?
Jesus rose from the dead after He died for your sins.