Jesus' Commandments

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well that is progress...

but of course we choose to establish the Law how we wish...as long as we are convinced in our own mind...

I said
I don't know where in the world you got that from. The law must be established the way Jesus says. In the new testament.

clefty

I said
I don't know where in the world you got that from. The law must be established the way Jesus says. In the new testament.

Yes the New Testament...One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind...do what thou wilt...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes the New Testament...One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind...do what thou wilt...
I said
You have a bad comprehension problem. You cant compare establishing the law with esteeming one day above another. Two completely different topics. What is wrong with you?
Are you a muslim?

clefty

I said
You have a bad comprehension problem. You cant compare establishing the law with esteeming one day above another. Two completely different topics. What is wrong with you?
Are you a muslim?

The first Law established was His esteeming a day above others...and then establishing other days...

But feel free to establish your own laws...as long as you are fully convinced in your own mind...

Muslim?...lol

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The first Law established was His esteeming a day above others...and then establishing other days...

But feel free to establish your own laws...

Muslim?...lol

I said
Do you really think you have the authority to override Jesus laws.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No.

But you do.

Claiming to be able choose one day or another...as long as you are convinced...

As were they who danced around the golden calf...

I said
What is wrong with you? Your not fighting me your fighting God. When it says it as plain as day to us right here. That makes i
t part of Christs law of the new testament.

Rom 14:5
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
What is wrong with you? Your not fighting me your fighting God. When it says it as plain as day to us right here. That makes i
t part of Christs law of the new testament.

Rom 14:5
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
(NKJ)

http://www.colossians-2-16.com/romans-14-5.html

So for hundreds of years Sabbath was a big deal with fanfare and pomp...punishments and blessings

While here He exemplified it, upheld it, commanded we pray it be preserved...and even Paul clearly says it remains for the people of God...

but your opinion overrides all this for the freedom to do what thou wilt...

Are you still considering yourself part of the people of God? Then you have it...a seventh day rest

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
http://www.colossians-2-16.com/romans-14-5.html

So for hundreds of years Sabbath was a big deal with fanfare and pomp...punishments and blessings

While here He exemplified it, upheld it, commanded we pray it be preserved...and even Paul clearly says it remains for the people of God...

but your opinion overrides all this for the freedom to do what thou wilt...

Are you still considering yourself part of the people of God? Then you have it...a seventh day rest

I said
lol You get something stuck in your belief and you just cant get by it. Have you ever looked inside to see where them gross exaggerations come from? Like this one" freedom to do what thou wilt...
I have never said that or claimed that.

Rom 14:5-7
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

Just like the Lord says for some not to join a church. If you were called while belonging to a church don't quite it. If you were called while not belonging to a church don't go join one.

1 Cor 7:17-20
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
lol You get something stuck in your belief and you just cant get by it. Have you ever looked inside to see where them gross exaggerations come from? Like this one" freedom to do what thou wilt...
I have never said that or claimed that.

Rom 14:5-7
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.

Paul was referring to a man made custom of tradition of fasting...and as believers squabbled as to which day would be better he merely enjoins that any is fine to fast as long as he means to do it...unlike the obligations of the Church...biblical fasting is voluntary and so which day "is better" is naturally what man would come to squabble over...is why Paul begins the chapter referring to them quarreling over disputable matters...to any good pious Jew a Law of God is not disputable and even to a cultural Jew Sabbath is custom and tradition and not to be disputed...

But again and again you insist 1/10 of the immutable Law of God Himself can be an issue to squabble over as to how to or whether or not to keep it and which day...it is clear in scripture it is the seventh day but to you it has become any day (to others everyday)...as long as you are convinced in your own choice...that is exactly "do what thou wilt"

Just like the Lord says for some not to join a church. If you were called while belonging to a church don't quite it. If you were called while not belonging to a church don't go join one.

1 Cor 7:17-20
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)

Yup notice it says keep the commandments of God...not Christ...nor Jesus...so keep the 10...

Sabbath is not even brought up much less disputed even less done away with...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul was referring to a man made custom of tradition of fasting...and as believers squabbled as to which day would be better he merely enjoins that any is fine to fast as long as he means to do it...unlike the obligations of the Church...biblical fasting is voluntary and so which day "is better" is naturally what man would come to squabble over...is why Paul begins the chapter referring to them quarreling over disputable matters...to any good pious Jew a Law of God is not disputable and even to a cultural Jew Sabbath is custom and tradition and not to be disputed...

But again and again you insist 1/10 of the immutable Law of God Himself can be an issue to squabble over as to how to or whether or not to keep it and which day...it is clear in scripture it is the seventh day but to you it has become any day (to others everyday)...as long as you are convinced in your own choice...that is exactly "do what thou wilt"

Yup notice it says keep the commandments of God...not Christ...nor Jesus...so keep the 10...

Sabbath is not even brought up much less disputed even less done away with...

I said
You are a Jew. I was right. You blaspheme the commadnments of Jesus in favor of the commandments of God in the old testament.
If your a Jew stand up for the Jews, but admit it be honest. Don't use any guile

clefty

I said
You are a Jew. I was right. You blaspheme the commadnments of Jesus in favor of the commandments of God in the old testament.
If your a Jew stand up for the Jews, but admit it be honest. Don't use any guile

Sabbath isn't Jewish...was made for man...given to all of isreal and the non native with her...not just Judah

In the end it's

"Here is endurance of the saints: here are those keeping the commands of God, and the faith of Jesus."

Even He kept His Father's commands and remained in His love...

You are the one acting Jewish as they sought to stone Him for saying "I and my Father are one"...note the congruency...He changed altered edited nothing

If He had a differing set of laws from that of His Father that changed the requirements that would be dividing the house...

Think not that...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sabbath isn't Jewish...was made for man...given to all of isreal and the non native with her...not just Judah

In the end it's

"Here is endurance of the saints: here are those keeping the commands of God, and the faith of Jesus."

Even He kept His Father's commands and remained in His love...

You are the one acting Jewish as they sought to stone Him for saying "I and my Father are one"...note the congruency...He changed altered edited nothing

If He had a differing set of laws from that of His Father that changed the requirements that would be dividing the house...

Think not that...

I said
Jesus did change the law.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Jesus did change the law.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

The law for priesthood...as in for priests...those who administer the law...now that law actually includes you...law...small "l" notice that not Law as in the immutable Law...

from written in stone to written in our hearts...from temple building to in our bodies...from symbolic blood to actual blood

and now we are priests again...

The change was the law for priesthood not the Law...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The law for priesthood...as in for priests...those who administer the law...now that law actually includes you...law...small "l" notice that not Law as in the immutable Law...

from written in stone to written in our hearts...from temple building to in our bodies...from symbolic blood to actual blood

and now we are priests again...

The change was the law for priesthood not the Law...

I said
No it isn't. There is (also) totally two different things. a change of the law.

Heb 7:12-14
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
No it isn't. There is (also) totally two different things. a change of the law.

Heb 7:12-14
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
(NKJ)

When the priest was changed the law as to who was priest was changed...

He was clear that after He was gone there would be persecution and even time of trouble and when that time of trouble came believers who wished to stay true were to flee not fight...

And thus they were to pray that in order for the Sabbath to be kept their time of trouble and fleeing would not interfere with their Sabbath keeping.

It is crystal clear that He, as you say, brought Sabbath into the new covenant...

Is why Paul affirmed Sabbath by not only keeping it but writing Heb 4:9...

A Sabbath keeping remains...work six days rest the seventh...

Stop making liars of both of them...