Jesus' Commandments

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You brought this verse; it seems that you are indicating works do not matter.
No. I posted a scripture verse. The verse I quoted does not say works do not matter. Neither is there any scripture verse that says works do not matter. Do you believe that works do matter or that works do not matter or neither?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No. I posted a scripture verse. The verse I quoted does not say works do not matter. Neither is there any scripture verse that says works do not matter. Do you believe that works do matter or that works do not matter or neither?

Then why did you bring that verse?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
It is a title of a thread. That attracks attention.
I don't understand what is being said.

I see Jesus' Commandments (Rule, Law, Order). I have no idea how you put these things, these words, together. Is what is being communicated here correct? Is it Biblical? Is it scriptural?

Do you know what Jesus' Commandments are? What is meant by Rule, Law, Order? Being in parentheses, is it somehow to be understood that this refers to Jesus' Commandments? I don't know if there is an intended connection that is being made or what it is or what it would be if I were to understand it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand what is being said.

I see Jesus' Commandments (Rule, Law, Order). I have no idea how you put these things, these words, together. Is what is being communicated here correct? Is it Biblical? Is it scriptural?

Do you know what Jesus' Commandments are? What is meant by Rule, Law, Order? Being in parentheses, is it somehow to be understood that this refers to Jesus' Commandments? I don't know if there is an intended connection that is being made or what it is or what it would be if I were to understand it.

I said
You have two threads with titles. (Do You Read) and (Who Are You). Neither are a verse or written in scripture. They are titles of threads that you started. Them titles arouse curiosity in people to open your thread. Everyone does it even me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You have two threads with titles. (Do You Read) and (Who Are You). Neither are a verse or written in scripture. They are titles of threads that you started.
Yes.
Them titles arouse curiosity in people to open your thread. Everyone does it even me.
Does your title come from anything in scripture?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes.
Does your title come from anything in scripture?

I said
Yes Passions.The flesh is full of passions(emotions). Everyone of these works of the flesh are emotions or passions.

Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:17-21
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Yes Passions.The flesh is full of passions(emotions). Everyone of these works of the flesh are emotions or passions.

Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:17-21
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)
No. You are incorrect. And, you did not answer the question.

Passions are not emotions. I don't know why you suggest that they are.

Why do you refer to Jesus' Commandments in your thread title?

Why do you say this (see the following) in your first post?

JESUS COMMANDMENTS (RULE, LAW, ORDER)

What does (RULE, LAW, ORDER) have to do with JESUS COMMANDMENTS or Jesus' Commandments? The thread title does not say JESUS COMMANDMENTS (RULE, LAW, ORDER). I can see this, so I know this.

What do you mean by RULE?

What do you mean by LAW?

What do you mean by ORDER?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No. You are incorrect. And, you did not answer the question.

Passions are not emotions. I don't know why you suggest that they are.

Why do you refer to Jesus' Commandments in your thread title?

Why do you say this (see the following) in your first post?

JESUS COMMANDMENTS (RULE, LAW, ORDER)

What does (RULE, LAW, ORDER) have to do with JESUS COMMANDMENTS or Jesus' Commandments? The thread title does not say JESUS COMMANDMENTS (RULE, LAW, ORDER). I can see this, so I know this.

What do you mean by RULE?

What do you mean by LAW?

What do you mean by ORDER?

I said
What do you think a commandment is?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
What do you think a commandment is?

John 15:12 NASB - "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

I don't know what a commandment is. I also think of the Ten Commandments.

Here is the word commandment used by Jesus.

Matthew 15:3 NASB - And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?

Matthew 22:36 NASB - "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?"

Matthew 22:38 NASB - "This is the great and foremost commandment.

Mark 7:8 NASB - "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men."

Mark 7:9 NASB - He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

Mark 10:5 NASB - But Jesus said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.

Mark 12:28 NASB - One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?"

Mark 12:31 NASB - "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Luke 23:56 NASB - Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

John 10:18 NASB - "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."

John 12:49 NASB - "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

John 12:50 NASB - "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

John 13:34 NASB - "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

John 15:12 NASB - "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

Here is the word commandment as it is used in Torah.

Exodus 24:12 NASB - Now the LORD said to Moses, "Come up to Me on the mountain and remain there, and I will give you the stone tablets with the law and the commandment which I have written for their instruction."

Exodus 25:22 NASB - "There I will meet with you; and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak to you about all that I will give you in commandment for the sons of Israel.

Numbers 4:37 NASB - These are the numbered men of the Kohathite families, everyone who was serving in the tent of meeting, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Numbers 4:41 NASB - These are the numbered men of the families of the sons of Gershon, everyone who was serving in the tent of meeting, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD.

Numbers 4:45 NASB - These are the numbered men of the families of the sons of Merari, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Numbers 4:49 NASB - According to the commandment of the LORD through Moses, they were numbered, everyone by his serving or carrying; thus these were his numbered men, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Numbers 10:13 NASB - So they moved out for the first time according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Numbers 14:41 NASB - But Moses said, "Why then are you transgressing the commandment of the LORD, when it will not succeed?

Numbers 15:23 NASB - even all that the LORD has commanded you through Moses, from the day when the LORD gave commandment and onward throughout your generations,

Numbers 15:31 NASB - 'Because he has despised the word of the LORD and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt will be on him.'"

Deuteronomy 6:1 NASB - "Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the judgments which the LORD your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it,

Deuteronomy 6:25 NASB - "It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before the LORD our God, just as He commanded us.

Deuteronomy 7:11 NASB - "Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them.

Deuteronomy 11:8 NASB - "You shall therefore keep every commandment which I am commanding you today, so that you may be strong and go in and possess the land into which you are about to cross to possess it;

Deuteronomy 11:22 NASB - "For if you are careful to keep all this commandment which I am commanding you to do, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and hold fast to Him,

Deuteronomy 15:5 NASB - if only you listen obediently to the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all this commandment which I am commanding you today.

Deuteronomy 17:20 NASB - that his heart may not be lifted up above his countrymen and that he may not turn aside from the commandment, to the right or the left, so that he and his sons may continue long in his kingdom in the midst of Israel.

Deuteronomy 19:9 NASB - if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always--then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three.

Deuteronomy 30:11 NASB - "For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Obedience to the commandments is the only way of pleasing God. Its the only way God will bless us if we are obedient. Obey the commandments receive blessings, do not obey the commandments receive a curse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obedience to the commandments is the only way of pleasing God. Its the only way God will bless us if we are obedient. Obey the commandments receive blessings, do not obey the commandments receive a curse.
Deuteronomy 11:26-32 NASB - 26 "See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I am commanding you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known. 29 "It shall come about, when the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, that you shall place the blessing on Mount Gerizim and the curse on Mount Ebal. 30 "Are they not across the Jordan, west of the way toward the sunset, in the land of the Canaanites who live in the Arabah, opposite Gilgal, beside the oaks of Moreh? 31 "For you are about to cross the Jordan to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you, and you shall possess it and live in it, 32 and you shall be careful to do all the statutes and the judgments which I am setting before you today.

Hebrews 11:6 NASB - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 11:26-32 NASB - 26 "See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I am commanding you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known. 29 "It shall come about, when the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, that you shall place the blessing on Mount Gerizim and the curse on Mount Ebal. 30 "Are they not across the Jordan, west of the way toward the sunset, in the land of the Canaanites who live in the Arabah, opposite Gilgal, beside the oaks of Moreh? 31 "For you are about to cross the Jordan to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you, and you shall possess it and live in it, 32 and you shall be careful to do all the statutes and the judgments which I am setting before you today.

Hebrews 11:6 NASB - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

I said
That is what I told you.

clefty

Well that is progress...

but of course we choose to establish the Law how we wish...as long as we are convinced in our own mind...