Jadespring and 's/he-is-all-in-all'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

Nineveh said:
I recall you getting on Goose for calling God female, has your standard changed? Do you now believe God is "S/he-is-all-in-all" like wickwoman and jade?
Just for the record, I've never called the Almighty a female. I believe there are feminine-like qualities in our Creator, where in context our Creator could be referred to in a feminine sense. It is these feminine like qualities that woman was formed from. It is the masculine like qualities that man was formed from.

The confusion arose when I referred to the "Spirit" as a she, in describing where the Christian trinity probably arose from an earlier Jewish concept.

Rimi

Just for the record, here's a PM which Freak initiated and I responded on this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak

No, God is not a male. God is spirit (see John 4). God the Holy Spirit, for example, isn't a male, now is He? Yes, we refer to God as He but that does not mean the Holy Spirit has a penis. Get it?

Jesus is a He, and He is God, and He was flesh, and He was seen by the apostles in His glorified body and the marks on His body touched by them. Jesus called God Abbe, which is a male title of ABBE or FATHER.

God who is Spirit seems very much a He.

Don't box God in. Don't think HE likes it.

Oh, and KEEP IT ON THE BOARDS. DON'T PM ME AGAIN.
Alles klar?

Freak

Rimi said:
Just for the record, here's a PM which Freak initiated and I responded on this topic.
Rimi, since N couldn't answer, perhaps you'd like to take a jab at it...

You never answered the questions:

1. Do you believe the Father has a body like a male?

2. Do you believe the Holy Spirit is male?

If you don't know then tell us you don't know. I can help you understand through Scripture.

God the Father tells us:

I will not carry out my fierce anger,
nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim.
For I am God, and not man—
the Holy One among you.
I will not come in wrath.

N or Rimi, what does this tell you?

Freak

Nineveh said:
Is it:
Is that part of the Gospel, freak?
N, desperate you are. I'll answer for the fifith time! No. The Gospel is found in 1 Corinthinans 15.

Are you missing the "we never fell" part? Please explain to me how jade misspoke on that account.
She has clarified by stating that she believed the gospel was the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. You are liking a brat by ignoring her clarification.

Moving on...

You never answered the questions:

1. Do you believe the Father has a body like a male?

2. Do you believe the Holy Spirit is male?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Never thought I'd be rooting for Freak again...we're officially in the twilight zone.:noway:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jade,
You define things in such an odd manner, I wouldn't be shocked at all if you considered the RCC to be protestant.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Freak,
Where in the Gospel message do we find men are holy and have always been holy?

It appears you are willing to overlook what jade is saying about Christ to try to make a point that was answered a page ago. From her outlook, Christ died for nothing more than low self esteem. Not only that, but she is calling the validity of the Bible message into question. Quit ignoring it. Jade has not yet been inclined to answer if she takes what is said about Christ literally or in her esoteric spiritualized way. If she did, I would welcome the post #. Then the question becomes why would jade, who thinks herself holy, need Christ.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Goose said:
Just for the record, I've never called the Almighty a female. I believe there are feminine-like qualities in our Creator, where in context our Creator could be referred to in a feminine sense. It is these feminine like qualities that woman was formed from. It is the masculine like qualities that man was formed from.

The confusion arose when I referred to the "Spirit" as a she, in describing where the Christian trinity probably arose from an earlier Jewish concept.

Maybe you should have said it like jade did, then freak wouldn't have had a problem with it?

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
Freak,
Where in the Gospel message do we find men are holy and have always been holy?

It appears you are willing to overlook what jade is saying about Christ to try to make a point that was answered a page ago. From her outlook, Christ died for nothing more than low self esteem. Not only that, but she is calling the validity of the Bible message into question. Quit ignoring it. Jade has not yet been inclined to answer if she takes what is said about Christ literally or in her esoteric spiritualized way. If she did, I would welcome the post #. Then the question becomes why would jade, who thinks herself holy, need Christ.

Nin,

I have already talked about the comment, several times and said quite explicitedly that I used the wrong words to explain what I was getting at.

Quit mischaracterizing, what I have already admited were wrong words, what I have tried to clarify afterwards into something that you want it to be so you can save face and avoid questions that have everything to do with this topic.
Saying that Christ died for our low self esteem. Is YOUR interpretation of what those words meant not mine.

This thread is about characterizing of God and the words I used to do so, and what they mean because you think those words which you keep repeating are pagan and that I'm not Christian because of it.
What I meant by them has been clarified.
They are not "pagan" and I am most definately Christian in faith.

Now you've seemed to decided that we need to move on to further declarations of why I am not Christian and when I have asked you repeatedly to give me a definition of what you think is Christian and Protestant (because you keep bringing it up) so we at least have something to build on as you keep hurling whatever attack you can muster at me.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jadespring said:
Quit mischaracterizing, what I have already admited were wrong words, what I have tried to clarify afterwards into something that you want it to be so you can save face and avoid questions that have everything to do with this topic.

Jade, answering "yes" does not answer the question of if you think what is spoken of Christ and His work is taken in a literal way or as you take much of the rest of the Bible, in an esoteric spiritualized way.

Saying that Christ died for our low self esteem. Is YOUR interpretation of what those words meant not mine.

"We never fell. We only think that we did and created a whole story to do with that idea. It was our mistake. We have always been holy . We never 'fell' so to speak. We only think we did. Jesus came to liberate us from a 'guilt' and a primitive way of thinking that should have never happened.
So the outcome is still basically the same."

Please keep in mind you said this by asserting first that your and my definitions were different because you "interpret" the Bible in a "different way" IE through esoteric spiritualization. On the face of your above comment, it goes against the entire Bible starting in the beginning. Should I set the Bible asside and try to "spiritualize" what you are saying to make it square with Scripture?

This thread is about characterizing of God and the words I used to do so, and what they mean because you think those words which you keep repeating are pagan and that I'm not Christian because of it.

You sound like a pagan. Where you stand with Christ at this point in your life only you know for sure. All I can judge is by what comes out of your fingers on this board. So far every pagan concept you have come up with that has been addressed, when all your other arguments fail becomes merely "misspeaking".

What I meant by them has been clarified.
They are not "pagan" and I am most definately Christian in faith.

Now you've seemed to decided that we need to move on to further declarations of why I am not Christian and when I have asked you repeatedly to give me a definition of what you think is Christian and Protestant (because you keep bringing it up) so we at least have something to build on as you keep hurling whatever attack you can muster at me.

I have asked you: Do you also employ your esoteric spiritualization interpretation to Christ or do you reserve that only for the old Testament and what Paul says?

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
You sound like a pagan. Where you stand with Christ at this point in your life only you know for sure. All I can judge is by what comes out of your fingers on this board. So far every pagan concept you have come up with that has been addressed, when all your other arguments fail becomes merely "misspeaking".
No Nin. Not all my arguments. Only in the one argument regarding the fall did I declare that I 'mispoke' .

All the others consisted of different ways of speaking about concepts that were not apparent to you at first and thus seemingly automatically wrong and pagan sounding in YOUR mind. Thus the reason we had this discussion. Don't try to change it into more because your initial feeling on the words in this sta ""S/he is ,,,,blah blah.... " are not pagan in meaning or intent as has been spoken clarified in this topic.

Are you going to get back onto this topic and answer the questions that have been asked repeatedly of you or are you going to keep trying to spinmeister it?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jadespring said:
No Nin. Not all my arguments. Only in the one argument regarding the fall did I declare that I 'mispoke' .

All the others consisted of different ways of speaking about concepts that were not apparent to you at first and thus seemingly automatically wrong and pagan sounding in YOUR mind. Thus the reason we had this discussion. Don't try to change it into more because your initial feeling on the words in this sta ""S/he is ,,,,blah blah.... " are not pagan in meaning or intent as has been spoken clarified in this topic.

Are you going to get back onto this topic and answer the questions that have been asked repeatedly of you or are you going to keep trying to spinmeister it?

So anyway....

Do you take what is spoken of about Christ in your spiritualized esoteric interpretation or a literal interpretation?

PS this thread is still about your view of God.

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
So anyway....

Do you take what is spoken of about Christ in your spiritualized esoteric interpretation or a literal interpretation?

PS this thread is still about your view of God.

*spin spin spin*

Not just my view, you have most definately brought your views into it as well. You are part of the discussion as well are you not? You are refusing to answer questions on the specific topic.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jadespring said:
*spin spin spin*

Not just my view, you have most definately brought your views into it as well. You are part of the discussion as well are you not? You are refusing to answer questions on the specific topic.

You established the fact, repeatedly, you interpret the Bible in your own way, so what of Christ? Is what is writen about Him interpreted in your special esoteric spiritualized way or literal?

DonW

I don't have the stamina to read seven pages of this... I don't particularly care for Ninevah's style but it does seem the point has never been addressed.

There are many people who think themselves Christians because they aren't Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim, or Scientologist, etc. They hear what [real] Christians say and think, "I'm glad that works for you, but I believe blah blah." I know, 'cause I was one of them twenty-some years ago.

I remember when I saw God for Who He Is and all my philosophical mumbo-jumbo melted away. Inventing your own little catch-phrases for God is such sophistry compared to the reality of Him.

I would say: Find out why the scriptures say it differently from your way, and be enlightened.

Granite

Hall of Fame
DonW said:
I don't have the stamina to read seven pages of this... I don't particularly care for Ninevah's style but it does seem the point has never been addressed.

There are many people who think themselves Christians because they aren't Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim, or Scientologist, etc. They hear what [real] Christians say and think, "I'm glad that works for you, but I believe blah blah." I know, 'cause I was one of them twenty-some years ago.

I remember when I saw God for Who He Is and all my philosophical mumbo-jumbo melted away. Inventing your own little catch-phrases for God is such sophistry compared to the reality of Him.

I would say: Find out why the scriptures say it differently from your way, and be enlightened.

Hey Don. Welcome to TOL.

I would submit that because all Christians are supposed to search the scriptures individually, everyone--Christian or skeptic or whatever--draws their own mumbo jumbo, as you call it, from the Bible.

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
You established the fact, repeatedly, you interpret the Bible in your own way, so what of Christ? Is what is writen about Him interpreted in your special esoteric spiritualized way or literal?

There are 2 types of people in the world, those who interpret what they read and are
aware of it, and those who interpret what they read and are not aware of it.

You, Nin, are type 2. Everyone interprets what they read, its part of the process of
reading, and the process of "retelling" what we have read. When you say "this is what
scripture says," you are actually presenting your interpretation of what scripture
says. No way around it, this is reality.

You criticize others for being honest, which is not a sin.

Dave

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dave Miller said:
There are 2 types of people in the world, those who interpret what they read and are
aware of it, and those who interpret what they read and are not aware of it.

You, Nin, are type 2. Everyone interprets what they read, its part of the process of
reading, and the process of "retelling" what we have read. When you say "this is what
scripture says," you are actually presenting your interpretation of what scripture
says. No way around it, this is reality.

You criticize others for being honest, which is not a sin.

Dave

This has been a blind spot of Nin's for some time: she enjoins people to "just read the Bible," as though it's possible to read anything tabla rasa. She's really telling them to "read it and come to the same conclusions I did," which ain't quite the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.