It pleased YHWH to bruise him, to make his soul an offering for sin

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
These verses indeed seem to support that Jesus gave the Spirit to the disciples while He was alive physically.

b1fd27fd6a6096905c7a9b5b8483bd56.jpg
aaf4bc35a2abd1fb76e43cb4e34075c6.jpg

Looks more like gifts to me.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And everybody knows not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

He might have bad breath and need his teeth floated.

The Trojans might disagree with that theory, those that were left anyhow. ;)

14He will glorify Me by taking from what is Mine and disclosing it to you.

15Everything that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will take from what is Mine and disclose it to you.

16In a little while you will see Me no longer, and then after a little while you will see Me.”…

popsthebuilder

Jesus prayed, "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5)
So if He was glorified before the creation of the world's then does it stand to say that the disciples were given the Holy Spirit as He still walked the earth?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So if He was glorified before the creation of the world's then does it stand to say that the disciples were given the Holy Spirit as He still walked the earth?

John answered your question.

And Jesus walked the earth before and after his resurrection.

marhig

Yes and they also glorified him as they walked the earth too, whilst he was as alive

John 17:9-10

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away the Helper will not come to you, but if I depart I will send Him to you." (John 16:7)

The holy Spirit was not available to his disciples until after Jesus went away.

Jesus went away by being crucified.