It pleased YHWH to bruise him, to make his soul an offering for sin

marhig

In post 34 I said, "God's Spirit was not available to anyone while Jesus was human."

Only John and Jesus had God's Spirit until Jesus was glorified.
Hi Jamie, what about Simeon?

Luke 2

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law

And when he sent out the 12 the Spirit was with them

Matthew 10

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

And those verses also show us that Christ isn't the only Holy Spirit, in the way that some believe that the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit and there isn't another. All those who belong to God are all of one Spirit as you have rightly said in another post :)

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The "one" is not defined, that means that God is one in every aspect. So He is also one person.

One is an adjective defining how many. It's not a noun.

Yes, the Eternal who spoke to Moses is one ... one of many.

There are countless numbers of people today who have eternal life.

We know from scripture the Most High is not the only one.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Jamie, what about Simeon?

Jesus was a child and Simeon was an adult.

This suggests to me Simeon had God's Spirit before Jesus was born.

Many people had God's Spirit before Jesus became human.

But Jesus Christ has authority over all flesh and he gives eternal life.

As a human he was not able to indwell people.

The Spirit gives life, not men.

marhig

Jesus was a child and Simeon was an adult.

This suggests to me Simeon had God's Spirit before Jesus was born.

Many people had God's Spirit before Jesus became human.

But Jesus Christ has authority over all flesh and he gives eternal life.

As a human he was not able to indwell people.

The Spirit gives life, not men.
Simeon still had the Spirit though when Jesus was alive, and what about the 12 being sent out having the Spirit of the Father spreaking for them?

Jesus has authority, and he has been given power over all flesh because it was given to him by the father, because he put the father before himself, thus he can overcome the flesh and world. And whilst he was in this world, he had the power and strength given to him by the father to overcome and also overcome satan in others too by the word of God and save those who truly believed in him and repented, from death and darkness, bringing them into light and life of God.

And the father never left him, because he always did what pleased him, Jesus Christ was in the fullness of God bodily and he had full power of the Holy Spirit because he put himself last and the father first and he denied his own will to live by the will of God. And his words are Spirit and they are life, and we are saved by his life, and through him we can overcome the world.

And if we are willing to lay down our lives for others and willing to become a living sacrifice and live by the will of God, then Christ will be made manifest within our hearts through the Spirit, and we will be raised with Christ and we will receive the help to overcome through Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Simeon still had the Spirit though when Jesus was alive, and what about the 12 being sent out having the Spirit of the Father spreaking for them?

"On the last day, that Great Day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:37-39)

Before Christ was made flesh he was glorified. At his resurrection from death he was glorified. While he was human he was not glorified.

"And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5)

Jesus prayed for the restoration of his glory, which means while he was human he was not glorified.

John who baptized Jesus was born before Christ became human and he too was indwelt by the Father.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Without Christ there is no holy Spirit.

"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." (1 John 2:1)

The word translated Advocate is Paracletos, who is defined as the holy Spirit.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you." (John 16:7)

The Advocate is Jesus Christ, the Helper is Jesus Christ, the holy Spirit is Jesus Christ.

marhig

"On the last day, that Great Day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:37-39)

Before Christ was made flesh he was glorified. At his resurrection from death he was glorified. While he was human he was not glorified.

"And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5)

Jesus prayed for the restoration of his glory, which means while he was human he was not glorified.

John who baptized Jesus was born before Christ became human and he too was indwelt by the Father.
So what about the 12 being sent by Jesus in Matthew 10? They didn't have the Spirit before Jesus was born.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So what about the 12 being sent by Jesus in Matthew 10? They didn't have the Spirit before Jesus was born.

That's correct. Eleven of the apostles received the holy Spirit the day Jesus was glorified.

Thomas received the Spirit eight days later.

marhig

That's correct. Eleven of the apostles received the holy Spirit the day Jesus was glorified.

Thomas received the Spirit eight days later.
This was when Jesus was still alive in the flesh, please see Matthew10 what do think of that? Thanks

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This was when Jesus was still alive in the flesh, please see Matthew10 what do think of that? Thanks

A lot of people preach Christ without the benefit of God's Spirit. And they get quite wealthy doing it.

"They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world and the world hears them." (1 John 4:5)

"And the disciples came and said to Him, 'Why do You speak to them in parables?'

He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"

marhig

A lot of people preach Christ without the benefit of God's Spirit. And they get quite wealthy doing it.

"They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world and the world hears them." (1 John 4:5)

"And the disciples came and said to Him, 'Why do You speak to them in parables?'

He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"
They doesn't answer Matthew 10. I'm just wondering how you see it? Thanks

And I believe that it's wrong to take a single penny for doing anything for God.

marhig

Matthew 10 was for training and to verify they could do the job.
Hi Jamie, I mean regarding the 12 having the Spirit of the Father with them? Seeing as they didn't have it before Jesus was born? if only Jesus and John had the Spirit whilst Jesus was in the flesh, then what about the 12 in Matthew 10?

Jamie I'm not trying to get at you, I'm just pointing out that it wasn't only Jesus and John who received the Holy Spirit in the lifetime of Jesus.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Jamie, I mean regarding the 12 having the Spirit of the Father with them? Seeing as they didn't have it before Jesus was born? if only Jesus and John had the Spirit whilst Jesus was in the flesh, then what about the 12 in Matthew 10?

Jamie I'm not trying to get at you, I'm just pointing out that it wasn't only Jesus and John who received the Holy Spirit in the lifetime of Jesus.

Eleven of the twelve were given the holy Spirit the same day Jesus was restored to life.

They were given Christ's Spirit because they did not already have his Spirit.

Paul said, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Eternal life is given by Jesus Christ.

"as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him." (John 17:2)

It is Jesus Christ who bestows eternal life on a person and the Father will restore those whom Jesus has given eternal life.

While he was human he did not indwell anyone, not the Twelve, not anyone. On the contrary he was indwelt by the Father.

marhig

Eleven of the twelve were given the holy Spirit the same day Jesus was restored to life.

They were given Christ's Spirit because they did not already have his Spirit.

Paul said, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Eternal life is given by Jesus Christ.

"as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him." (John 17:2)

It is Jesus Christ who bestows eternal life on a person and the Father will restore those whom Jesus has given eternal life.

While he was human he did not indwell anyone, not the Twelve, not anyone. On the contrary he was indwelt by the Father.
But the Father did, he was in the twelve so the Holy Spirit wasnt only in Jesus and John but in the twelve too, whilst Jesus was alive.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But the Father did, he was in the twelve so the Holy Spirit wasnt only in Jesus and John but in the twelve too, whilst Jesus was alive.

It doesn't work that way. The Father and Son work together, they are unified.

The Son has been given authority over all flesh and is the one who imparts the holy Spirit.

Jesus said, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you."
(John 16:7)

"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name..."
(John 14:25-26)

The Father sends the holy Spirit in the name of and by the authority of Jesus Christ.

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

People are saved only by the indwelling of Jesus Christ. There is no other way.

Outside of the authority of Jesus Christ there is no holy Spirit and no eternal life.

Do you believe John 20:21-23: "So Jesus said to them again, 'Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.'"

The Twelve did not have God's Spirit until Jesus gave it to them. It's always been that way.

There is salvation in no other name.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Jesus God?

Jesus is the last Adam, only he imparts eternal life.

"that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."
(John 5:23)

Do you honor the Father as God? Unless you honor the Son just as you honor the Father, then you don't honor the Father.

Your eternal life is in Jesus' hands.

The Father is our Father through the authority of Jesus Christ.

The Father is our Father, but Jesus is our Lord and God.

I'm not the first one to say that.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So aborted babies are not human?

A zygote becomes human upon attachment to the mother's uterus.

Before attachment the zygote is not a person, it's only a potential person.

Born and unborn babies will be reared during the Eighth Day.

Eternal life will be available to them through Jesus Christ.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life." (Revelation 20:12)

marhig

It doesn't work that way. The Father and Son work together, they are unified.

The Son has been given authority over all flesh and is the one who imparts the holy Spirit.

Jesus said, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you." (John 16:7)

"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name..." (John 14:25-26)

The Father sends the holy Spirit in the name of and by the authority of Jesus Christ.

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

People are saved only by the indwelling of Jesus Christ. There is no other way.

Outside of the authority of Jesus Christ there is no holy Spirit and no eternal life.

Do you believe John 20:21-23: "So Jesus said to them again, 'Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.'"

The Twelve did not have God's Spirit until Jesus gave it to them. It's always been that way.

There is salvation in no other name.
Well Jamie, I have to believe the scriptures and they clearly say that the Spirit of the Father was in the 12 apostles whilst Jesus was alive. And that the apostles are not to think of what to say, for it is not them that speak but the Spirit of their Father that speaks in them. So if that's not the Holy Spirit, then I don't know what it is?

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.