It pleased YHWH to bruise him, to make his soul an offering for sin

glorydaz

Well Jamie, I have to believe the scriptures and they clearly say that the Spirit of the Father was in the 12 apostles whilst Jesus was alive. And that the apostles are not to think of what to say, for it is not them that speak but the Spirit of their Father that speaks in them. So if that's not the Holy Spirit, then I don't know what it is?

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

And the Spirit spoke through the mouth of a donkey, too, but it didn't mean He was dwelling in the donkey.

If you choose to believe the Scripture, why are you ignoring those that Jamie gave?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

All of the Twelve were still alive when Jesus was delivered up. They were not delivered up nor scourged in the synagogues until later, years later.

"But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." (Matthew 10:17-20)

marhig

And the Spirit spoke through the mouth of a donkey, too, but it didn't mean He was dwelling in the donkey.

If you choose to believe the Scripture, why are you ignoring those that Jamie gave?
It clearly says that the Spirit of the Father was in the apostles whilst Jesus was alive, and the Spirit of the Father is the Holy Spirit, Jamie said he was only in Jesus and John when Jesus was alive. No he wasn't!

marhig

All of the Twelve were still alive when Jesus was delivered up. They were not delivered up nor scourged in the synagogues until later, years later.

"But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." (Matthew 10:17-20)
Jamie, Jesus is talking about the father being with them when he sent them out then, not in the future!

glorydaz

It clearly says that the Spirit of the Father was in the apostles whilst Jesus was alive, and the Spirit of the Father is the Holy Spirit, Jamie said he was only in Jesus and John when Jesus was alive. No he wasn't!

Her being wrong doesn't make you right, but the verses she quotes contain the truth. You have to find it instead of running off to another verse that doesn't say what you claim.

marhig

Her being wrong doesn't make you right, but the verses she quotes contain the truth. You have to find it instead of running off to another verse that doesn't say what you claim.
All verses don't just contain the truth, they are the truth!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, Jesus is talking about the father being with them when he sent them out then, not in the future!

"These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: 'Do not go into the way of the Gentiles'" (Matthew 10:5)

"You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles." (Matthew 10:18)

"But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive, for the holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:39)

People believe what they choose to believe. Some believe scripture, some don't.

marhig

"These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: 'Do not go into the way of the Gentiles'" (Matthew 10:5)

"You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles." (Matthew 10:18)

"But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive, for the holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:39)

I do believe scripture, hence I believe that the Spirit of the Father which is the Holy Spirit was in the
Apostles as Jesus said in Matthew 10.

Anyway, we see it differently, so there's no point in going on.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie said he was only in Jesus and John when Jesus was alive. No he wasn't!

In post 34 I said, "God's Spirit was not available to anyone while Jesus was human."

I should have phrased it not available to anyone else.

How's that? Clearer?

popsthebuilder

In post 34 I said, "God's Spirit was not available to anyone while Jesus was human."

How's that? Clearer?
These verses indeed seem to support that Jesus gave the Spirit to the disciples while He was alive physically.

b1fd27fd6a6096905c7a9b5b8483bd56.jpg
aaf4bc35a2abd1fb76e43cb4e34075c6.jpg

marhig

How's that? Clearer?
Can I ask why you believe Gods spirit wasn't in anyone, when scripture tells us that he was?

Also the scripture you quoted regarding Holy Spirit not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified. Don't you think the apostles glorified him when they went preaching in Matthew 10?

popsthebuilder

It seems quite plausible from scripture that any who believed Jesus upon His words at that time would have received the Spirit.

da727a93e102cd9186fcedb135f5a4a0.jpg
324993892ff30e4efab20208ce9fa16a.jpg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
These verses indeed seem to support that Jesus gave the Spirit to the disciples while He was alive physically.

Do you believe scripture contradicts itself?

"for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:39)

popsthebuilder

Do you believe scripture contradicts itself?

"for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:39)
Do you consider the word glorified to be synonymous with crucified, which was not a seen as a noble death?

And no, I do not.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you consider the word glorified to be synonymous with crucified, which was not a seen as a noble death?

We have a description of a glorified person.

"His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength." (Revelation 1:16)

Those who say Jesus is not God have never held seven angels in their right hand.

popsthebuilder

We have a description of a glorified person.

"His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength." (Revelation 1:16)

Those who say Jesus is not God have never held seven angels in their right hand.
How is your post relevant to the subject at hand?

I thought you had originally stated that none but Jesus and John had the Holy Spirit until the death of Jesus?

Now, I really don't know what it is you are trying to say.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought you had originally stated that none but Jesus and John had the Holy Spirit until the death of Jesus?

That's from John 7:39.

If you believe what John said that's fine, if you don't that's fine also.

Believe what you will.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How is your post relevant to the subject at hand?

In post 96 someone asked, "Do you consider the word glorified to be synonymous with crucified, which was not a seen as a noble death?"

My response was that we have a description of a glorified person.

popsthebuilder

In post 96 someone asked, "Do you consider the word glorified to be synonymous with crucified, which was not a seen as a noble death?"

My response was that we have a description of a glorified person.
I agree, we do; but was He not glorified to the disciples as He walked the earth?