ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

genuineoriginal

What do you mean when saying, "of no concern"?

Matthew 24:4-8
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.​

According to Jesus, wars, rumors of wars, famines, pestilences, and earthquakes are not the signs of the end, but many people will try to deceive others into thinking they are the signs of the end.

Jesus called these signs "the beginning of sorrows," or as it is commonly known today, false labor pains.
_____
True Vs False Labor
Before "true" labor begins, you might have "false" labor pains, also known as Braxton Hicks contractions. These irregular uterine contractions are perfectly normal and might start to occur from your fourth month of pregnancy. They are your body’s way of getting ready for the "real thing."​

Those signs were seen from 30 CE up until 65 CE and culminated with the Jewish revolt that led the Romans to send the armies against Jerusalem in 66 CE.

Jesus warned the disciples that they should not be concerned about what they saw during that time and to only be concerned when they saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies (the writers of Matthew and Mark changed the words of Jesus and wrote "abomination of desolation" instead, let the reader understand).

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The events pertaining to Joel's prophecy obviously stopped sometime after Acts 2 and could be described as ceasing 'Mid-Acts'. Joel's prophecy has obviously, from the plain sense of it, not been completely fulfilled. It began to unroll but then 'the clock stopped'.

The Seventy weeks prophecy pertaining to the sixty-nine weeks was fulfilled along with Zech 9:9.
Messiah would be cut off 'after' the completion of 483 years. It doesn't say when..after.
Neither does it say at what point after the 483 years that Jerusalem would be destroyed the second time.
It simply says 'after sixty-two(plus seven) these things will happen.
This leaves an un-numbered space of time between the sixty-ninth week and the seventieth week.
The particular Seventy Weeks 'clock stopped' at Matt 21.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You typically focus on Hosea regarding the judgement and never the restoration promised in mercy,

You're wrong. I constantly focus on the promised mercy.

Peter tells us the promised mercy happened in the first century.

(1 Peter 2:10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

As we see above, the mercy promised to the 10 tribes of the House of Israel was fulfilled in the first century.

Dispensationalism completely butchers 1 Peter 2:10. Dispensationalism claims Peter was addressing Jews.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Hosea makes it clear that God had mercy on the Jews. Plus, the Jews were never told they were not a people, that was only told to the 10 tribes.

1 Peter 2:10 confirms that the two houses were joined together. Your fried Tambora just recently made a post stating the two nations have not been joined together yet.

It is indeed correct to distinquish in context between the house of Judah and the house of Israel/Ephraim in Israel's post Solomon history, however, your insistence on the phrase 'the house of Israel' as always pertaining to the ten tribes in the prophets is way off.

I never said always. You have to look at the context every time. What you guys do is never distinguish "house of Israel" from the Jews. The reason you guys do that is because it causes really big problems for Dispensationalism.

There is no better example than 1 Peter 2:10. Every Dispy on TOL claims 1 Peter was written to Jews.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll wait while you find the quote where I ever said there would not be a stone temple.

More games.

Just explain your position.

Why do you always have to play games?

If you want to play games, go play with PJ, he'll love it.

Danoh

The events pertaining to Joel's prophecy obviously stopped sometime after Acts 2 and could be described as ceasing 'Mid-Acts'. Joel's prophecy has obviously, from the plain sense of it, not been completely fulfilled. It began to unroll but then 'the clock stopped'.

The Seventy weeks prophecy pertaining to the sixty-nine weeks was fulfilled along with Zech 9:9.
Messiah would be cut off 'after' the completion of 483 years. It doesn't say when..after.
Neither does it say at what point after the 483 years that Jerusalem would be destroyed the second time.
It simply says 'after sixty-two(plus seven) these things will happen.
This leaves an un-numbered space of time between the sixty-ninth week and the seventieth week.
The particular Seventy Weeks 'clock stopped' at Matt 21.

Steko, the fool simply does not want to know these things.

It is not a matter of what else could be said and how it might be worded just right.

Rather, the plague of his and his kind

Tel-a-lie is Tel-a-lie.

To himself...

Your words, Steko, ending up competing with a neurotic - nobody home...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Steko, the fool simply does not want to know these things.

It is not a matter of what else could be said and how it might be worded just right.

Rather, the plague of his and his kind

Tel-a-lie is Tel-a-lie.

To himself...

Your words, Steko, ending up competing with a neurotic - nobody home...

Yeah, I know. I've been 'round and 'round with Tet for years.

However, there are other people who read these threads and what we post may be of benefit to them.

Much of the time, I don't even attempt to respond to the many absurd posts on TOL, for the very reason which you cite, however, occasionally I give it a go.

Thanks!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More games.
The one playing games is you.
You keep claiming I said there would not be a stone temple.
I didn't say that.
So YOU need to stop playing your games.
Read what is written instead of making up stuff.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I disagree.

What part of Joel's prophecy do you think was not fulfilled?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The one playing games is you.
You keep claiming I said there would not be a stone temple.
I didn't say that.
So YOU need to stop playing your games.
Read what is written instead of making up stuff.

Why can't you just tell us what you claim?

You said "who said anything about a stone temple". Please explain what that means?

ClimateSanity

Nobody has to do anything you say. Nobody is going to get pushed around o my to have the answer picked apart and more demands for answers. You don't want to know the truth. A person must seek the truth of they are to find it. You can't seem the truth if you feel you already have it. You're mind is set in concrete that we are all fools who can't think for ourselves and blindly follow someone even though that someone never enters our conscious mind. The basis of what we believe can perhaps be traced to this fellow you're obsessed with but everything you believe can be traced to someone who wasn't around at the time of Christ. Some of what you believe is so new, it's less than 50 years old. Now, if anything is invented, that is it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not the brightest bulb are yuh?

Tet started quoting me when referring to you as Johnny.

Care to refute my post with some sort of intelligence?

"Not the brightest bulb are yuh?"-Jeff the jumkie

Another stunning cliche, demonstrating your mastery of languages, eh "the G(r)eek" junkie? Please teach us...please? Weighty.

"Tet started quoting me when referring to you as Johnny."-junkie

Made up. Put the bong down, Jeffie gal.

Refute your scribble, junkie? Good one! You can't touch me biblically, punk,and TOL laughs at you.

Last edited:

Danoh

Why can't you just tell us what you claim?

You said "who said anything about a stone temple". Please explain what that means?

Sheesh - does this fool's stick in the mud way remind one of Jerry Shugart, or what?

Why can't you just tell us what you claim - so that Tel-a-lie can do just that - Tel-a-lie and disagree...

Please explain what that means - so that Tel-a-lie can do just that - Tel-a-lie and disagree...

Danoh

You're the one who said Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts.

If so, then why were prophecies for Israel fulfilled from 66AD to 70AD?

If so, then why were prophecies for Israel fulfilled from 66AD to 70AD - please tell us, so that Tel-a-lie can do just that - Tel-a-lie.

Danoh

I disagree.

What part of Joel's prophecy do you think was not fulfilled?

Stop the presses, call the White House - Tel-a-lie disagrees!

What part of Joel's prophecy do you think was not fulfilled - please tell us so that Tel-a-lie can disagree.

Moron - break your fixation; remind yourself you disagree and go away.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stop the presses, call the White House - Tel-a-lie disagrees!

What part of Joel's prophecy do you think was not fulfilled - please tell us so that Tel-a-lie can disagree.

Moron - break your fixation; remind yourself you disagree and go away.

If you cannot give a reasoned response then you should keep quite.

What you are really saying is that no one can decide for themselves and that all are fools except you.

LA

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If you cannot give a reasoned response then you should keep quite.

What you are really saying is that no one can decide for themselves and that all are fools except you.

LA

Dispos may be the most malicious and malevolent heretics of all. They deny the authentic humanity of Christ, which also denies the divinity of Christ they allegedly affirm.

At least you Unitarians only deny the divinity of Christ in ontological form. They're the worst of the lot, also denying the kingdom of God and being racist bigot Judaizers while making God a respecter of persons.

There is no fool like a Dispensational fool. Atheists may be better off in judgment.

Cross Reference

Dispos may be the most malicious and malevolent heretics of all. They deny the authentic humanity of Christ, which also denies the divinity of Christ they allegedly affirm.

At least you Unitarians only deny the divinity of Christ in ontological form. They're the worst of the lot, also denying the kingdom of God and being racist bigot Judaizers while making God a respecter of persons.

There is no fool like a Dispensational fool. Atheists may be better off in judgment.

Very interesting. Where do you think your error lies, since you have no belief in God manifesting Himself in a 3 Person Godhead? I am sure you will correct me if I have misjudged you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The basis of what we believe can perhaps be traced to this fellow you're obsessed with

Not "perhaps". It's definite.

However, that's a step in the right direction for you, since most of the Darby followers on TOL are in denial.

but everything you believe can be traced to someone who wasn't around at the time of Christ.

Who is this "someone" you refer to?

Some of what you believe is so new, it's less than 50 years old. Now, if anything is invented, that is it.

Like what?

You make assertions, but don't back any of them.