ISRAEL IS THE FOCAL POINT OF THE BELIEVERS

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Too much carnal attention give to earthly Israel (what is left of it!)

Set your eyes upon Jesus, and who He has covenanted to save.

If God does not fulfil His promise to carnal Israel He will have impugned His integrity THAT is a spiritual matter for He swore by Himself that Abraham's seed which sprang from his loins more in number than the stars of heaven would inherit the land forever.

How can YOU believe all the promises He has made to you if He fails to keep His promise

Yes what is left of it...the devil knows better than you he KNOWS if God fails in His promise then God's integrity is on the line

he spoke [the devil spoke] thru Hitler and said he would annihilate the Jews...and Germany would rule for a 1,000 years .

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
"Thus saith Jehovah, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not, for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants’ sake, that I may not destroy them all. And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains; and my chosen shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there. And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me. But ye that forsake Jehovah, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for Fortune, and that fill up mingled wine unto Destiny; I will destine you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter; because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but ye did that which was evil in mine eyes, and chose that wherein I delighted not."
- **Isaiah‬ *65:8-12‬‬

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's just the problem, we are like them.

Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Exactly.
We have all fallen short.

But GOD hasn't.
He will keep His promises.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If God does not fulfil His promise to carnal Israel

But God has fulfilled all the earthly promises to the nation of Israel.

THAT is a spiritual matter for He swore by Himself that Abraham's seed which sprang from his loins more in number than the stars of heaven would inherit the land forever.

Spiritual seed chosen in the Seed, Jesus Christ. They will inherit a spiritual and new heavens and earth. The earthly has been fulfilled that pointed to the spiritual promises pointing to the Incarnation and victory of Jesus Christ.

How can YOU believe all the promises He has made to you if He fails to keep His promise

Because I believe He has kept ALL the earthly promises to national Israel, which points the the Surety of His keeping all His spiritual promises to His Elect church.

KingdomRose

"And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vine-dressers. But ye shall be named the priests of Jehovah; men shall call you the ministers of our God: ye shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. Instead of your shame ye shall have double; and instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be unto them. For I, Jehovah, love justice, I hate robbery with iniquity; and I will give them their recompense in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. And their seed shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples; all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which Jehovah hath blessed."
- **Isaiah‬ *61:4-9‬‬

The focus today is SPIRITUAL Israel. Jesus, James, Paul and Peter all indicated that Israel actually lost out on continuing to be God's chosen people.

"Therefore say I unto you [the chief priests & elders of the people], The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." (Matthew 21:43, KJV)

[James answered, saying] "Simeon [Peter] hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of THEM a people for his name." (Acts 15:14, KJV)

"But Jerusalem which is ABOVE is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:26, KJV)

"[To the Christians in Asia] But YE are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God." (I Peter 2:9,10, KJV)

KingdomRose

In response to Elia, post #5:

YHWH certainly kept HIS end of the bargain, but Israel didn't keep theirs. He had told them that if they didn't listen to him, going after other gods, he would reject them.

To Israel/Jerusalem: "'You yourself have deserted me,' is the utterance of Jehovah. 'Backwards is the way you keep walking. And I shall stretch out my hand against you and bring you to ruin.'" (Jeremiah 15:6)

"The house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant that I concluded with their forefathers. Therefore...here I am bringing upon them a calamity that they will not be able to get out of." (Jeremiah 11:10b,11)

"See, I do put before you today life and good, and death and bad....If your heart turns away and you do not listen, and you are actually seduced and bow down to other gods and serve them, I do tell you today that you will positively perish....You must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days." (Deuteronomy 30:15-20)

[Jehovah said to Moses] "This people will certainly get up and have immoral intercourse with foreign gods of the land to which they are going...and they will certainly forsake me and break my covenant that I have concluded with them. At that my anger will indeed blaze against them in that day, and I shall certainly forsake them and conceal my face from them." (Deuteronomy 31:16,17)

beameup

Bs"d

The Christian churches believe in the theory that G.d rejected His chosen people, and that instead the Christians are the new spiritual Israel.

"Replacement Theology" was a creation of the Catholic Church when it became the State Religion of the Roman Empire under Emperor Constantine. It is not a part of ALL "Christian Theology"; it is not a part of "Evangelical" theology.
Belief in Yeshua Messiah was a totally Jewish sect for over a decade (Sect of the Nazarenes). The Roman appointed "High Priest" and the Sanhedrin refused to accept Yeshua Messiah, and Jewish leadership began murdering members of the Sect of the Nazarenes.
As the Nazarenes scattered, they took the message to the synagogues throughout the Roman Empire, and many believed in Yeshua Messiah.
However, since the Nation of Israel never accepted Yeshua Messiah, the Millennial Kingdom was postponed (almost 2,000 years presently).
After the "Time of Jacobs Trouble", aka: "Day of the LORD", Messiah will return to save the remnant of Jews, and "all Israel will be saved".

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The focus today is SPIRITUAL Israel. Jesus, James, Paul and Peter all indicated that Israel actually lost out on continuing to be God's chosen people.

"Therefore say I unto you [the chief priests & elders of the people], The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." (Matthew 21:43, KJV)

[James answered, saying] "Simeon [Peter] hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of THEM a people for his name." (Acts 15:14, KJV)

"But Jerusalem which is ABOVE is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:26, KJV)

"[To the Christians in Asia] But YE are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God." (I Peter 2:9,10, KJV)

You can think that if you choose to. But I have zero respect for your words.

Elia

Salvation has nothing to do with being a jew by ethnicity, but by being a True Jew; one whose heart is circumcised Rom. 2:29; Ezek. 36:26-27.

Bs"d

Christians are not true Jews. Christians have thrown the law of God overboard and replaced it with paganism. They worship a dead carpenter. Therefore Christians are true lawless idolatrous pagans.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

beameup

Bs"d

Christians are not true Jews. Christians have thrown the law of God overboard and replaced it with paganism. They worship a dead carpenter. Therefore Christians are true lawless idolatrous pagans.

Tell us about your Messiah that you say came in 408 BCE. Where is he and what's he been up to?

Elia

That's just the problem, we are like them.

Bs"d

Not really, non-Jews are worse. Yes, Jews sometimes stray away from God's laws, and then God punishes severely. However, in first instance, Jews have accepted God's laws. When God came with the law to the Jews, the Jews said: "So Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before them all these words which the Lord commanded him. 8 Then all the people answered together and said, “All that Y-H-W-H has spoken we will do.”

When confronted with the law, the Jews said: “All that Y-H-W-H has spoken we will do.”

And what do the Christians when they are confronted with the law? They get a panic attack. They say: "The law is abolished!" "The law is a curse!" "We don't want it!"

The non-Jews prefer paganism.

And then they blame the Jews for not always observing the law perfectly??

Then they have the audicity to claim that they are the "True Jews"? While they are lawless idolatrous pagans? :confused::confused::confused:

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"

Elia

Tell us about your Messiah that you say came in 408 BCE. Where is he

Bs"d

He's dead.

and what's he been up to?

He set the Jews free and let them rebuild the Temple.

And he was not "our" messiah, he was A messiah. He was not THE messiah.

From my Daniel 9 page, here to be found: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/daniel9 :

Who was the messiah? In order to understand this we first have to understand what is a messiah. Messiah comes from the Hebrew word 'meshiach' which means 'anointed one' It was the custom to anoint kings with oil before they came to power. There were already many anointed kings in Jewish history. Read for instance I Samuel 9:27 to10:1; Here Saul is anointed by Samuel the prophet. And thereby he became a messiah, an anointed one, See Samuel 11:13 up to 12:3: Here in verse 3 king Saul is called G.ds anointed, in the Hebrew 'meshiach'. So also king Saul was a messiah. Look in I Samuel 16:12-13, here the prophet Samuel anoints David, the Hebrew verb for anointing is 'mashach', and he becomes an anointed one, as we can read in II Samuel 23:1; "David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed (in the Hebrew 'meshiach') of the G.d of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said; …"

I Kings 1:39; "And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed (Hebrew verb 'mashach') Solomon. And they blew the trumpet, and all the people said; G.d save king Solomon." Also Solomon was an anointed one, or messiah: II Chronicles 6:42, here king Solomon prays: "O Lord turn not away the face of thine anointed, …" In the Hebrew: 'meshiach'.

So now we know what is a messiah: An anointed king. And now we can start to figure out who is the messiah from Daniel 9:25

For one thing; we know now who could not have been the messiah from Daniel 9: Jesus. He never was anointed as king by a priest and/or prophet, and he never was a king, in other words: He never was a messiah. Therefore he is disqualified to be the messiah of Daniel 9.

Look in Ezra 1:1, there it says that King Cyrus of Persia gave the order to rebuild the Temple. Now look at Isaiah 45:1; "Thus saith the Lord to His anointed, to Cyrus, ..." We see here that G.d calls the non-Jewish king Cyrus 'His anointed'. This is another cover up of the people who made the King James translation. Both in Isaiah 45:1 and in Daniel 9:25 the Hebrew word 'meshiach' is used, and in Daniel it is translated as 'Messiah', and in Isaiah it is translated as 'the anointed'. The RSV is also here better, it consequentially translates it all with 'anointed one', also in Daniel 9:25.

King Cyrus, whom G.d calls His anointed (His messiah), ordered the rebuilding of Jerusalem, 52 years after the destruction of the first Temple and the exile of the Jewish people. The 52 years stand for 7 prophetic weeks plus three years.

So the anointed one spoken about in Daniel 9:25 is king Cyrus.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

Too much carnal attention give to earthly Israel (what is left of it!)

Set your eyes upon Jesus, and who He has covenanted to save.

Bs"d

But he cannot save. GOD is the savior.

My Savior is Y-H-W-H:

Isaiah 43: 3: "For I am Y-H-W-H thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy saviour."

Isaiah 43:10-11: "Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me, even I, I am Y-H-W-H, and beside Me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 45:21-22: "... I Y-H-W-H, and there is no God else beside Me, a just God and a saviour, there is no saviour beside Me. Look unto Me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God and there is none else."

Hosea 13: 4: "Yet I am Y-H-W-H thy God, and thou shall know no God but Me, for there is no saviour beside Me."

beameup

Bs"d

He's dead.

He set the Jews free and let them rebuild the Temple.

And he was not "our" messiah, he was A messiah. He was not THE messiah.

From my Daniel 9 page, here to be found: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/daniel9 :

King Cyrus, whom G.d calls His anointed (His messiah), ordered the rebuilding of Jerusalem, 52 years after the destruction of the first Temple and the exile of the Jewish people. The 52 years stand for 7 prophetic weeks plus three years.

So the anointed one spoken about in Daniel 9:25 is king Cyrus.

You stated that 49 years following the edict/proclamation to rebuild Jerusalem (walls/gates) your Messiah came. That would be 408 BCE. Cyrus was long dead and decayed by that time. Pully-Wooley
You'll have to come up with a better one. :rotfl:

(1)Cyrus - Temple - died 529BCE
(2)Darius - Temple
(3)Xerxes - nothing, nada (fooling around with Queen Esther)
(4)Artaxerxes - walls & gates (Nehemiah)

Last edited:

Elia

Bah . . .

Bs"d

It's true. Look here what a father of the reformation, Luther, had to say about the Jews:

Luther in 1543 wrote the book: "About the Jews and their lies".

In that he said the following:

What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? Since they live among us, we dare not tolerate their conduct, now that we are aware of their lying and reviling and blaspheming. If we do, we become sharers in their lies, cursing and blasphemy. Thus we cannot extinguish the unquenchable fire of divine wrath, of which the prophets speak, nor can we convert the Jews. With prayer and the fear of God we must practice a sharp mercy to see whether we might save at least a few from the glowing flames. We dare not avenge ourselves. Vengeance a thousand times worse than we could wish them already has them by the throat. I shall give you my sincere advice:

First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly_and I myself was unaware of it_will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know.

In Deuteronomy 13:12 Moses writes that any city that is given to idolatry shall be totally destroyed by fire, and nothing of it shall be preserved. If he were alive today, he would be the first to set fire to the synagogues and houses of the Jews. For in Deuteronomy 4:2 and 12:32 he commanded very explicitly that nothing is to be added to or subtracted from his law. And Samuel says in I Samuel 15:23 that disobedience to God is idolatry. Now the Jews' doctrine at present is nothing but the additions of the rabbis and the idolatry of disobedience, so that Moses has become entirely unknown among them (as we said before), just as the Bible became unknown under the papacy in our day. So also, for Moses' sake, their schools cannot be tolerated; they defame him just as much as they do us. It is not necessary that they have their own free churches for such idolatry.

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them the fact that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God.

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them.

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. For they have justly forfeited the right to such an office by holding the poor Jews captive with the saying of Moses (Deuteronomy 17:10) in which he commands them to obey their teachers on penalty of death, although Moses clearly adds: "what they teach you in accord with the law of the Lord." Those villains ignore that. They wantonly employ the poor people's obedience contrary to the law of the Lord and infuse them with this poison, cursing, and blasphemy. In the same way the pope also held us captive with the declaration in Matthew 16:18, "You are Peter," etc., inducing us to believe all the lies and deceptions that issued from his devilish mind. He did not teach in accord with the word of God, and therefore he forfeited the right to teach.

Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let them stay at home. I have heard it said that a rich Jew is now traveling across the country with twelve horses his ambition is to become a Kokhba devouring princes, lords, lands, and people with his usury, so that the great lords view it with jealous eyes. If you great lords and princes will not forbid such usurers the highway legally, some day a troop may gather against them, having learned from this booklet the true nature of the Jews and how one should deal with them and not protect their activities. For you, too, must not and cannot protect them unless you wish to become participants in an their abominations in the sight of God. Consider carefully what good could come from this, and prevent it.

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us an they possess. Such money should now be used in no other way than the following: Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed one hundred, two hundred, or three hundred florins, as personal circumstances may suggest. With this he could set himself up in some occupation for the support of his poor wife and children, and the maintenance of the old or feeble. For such evil gains are cursed if they are not put to use with God's blessing in a good and worthy cause.

Seventh, I recommend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam (Gen. 3 [:19]). For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting., and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants.

But if we are afraid that they might harm us or our wives, children, servants, cattle, etc., if they had to serve and work for us -- for it is reasonable to assume that such noble lords of the world and venomous, bitter worms are not accustomed to working and would be very reluctant to humble themselves so deeply before the accursed Goyim -- then let us emulate the common sense of other nations such as France, Spain, Bohemia, etc., compute with them how much their usury has extorted from us, divide, divide this amicably, but then eject them forever from the country. For, as we have heard, God's anger with them is so intense that gentle mercy will only tend to make them worse and worse, while sharp mercy will reform them but little. Therefore, in any case, away with them!

In brief, dear princes and lords, those of you who have Jews under your rule: if my counsel does not please you, find better advice, so that you and we all can be rid of the unbearable, devilish burden of the Jews ... Do not grant them protection, safe-conduct, or communion with us ... so it is not necessary to burden ourselves also with these alien, shameful vices of the Jews ...

And you, my dear gentlemen and friends who are pastors and preachers, I wish to remind very faithfully of your official duty, so that you too may warn your parishioners concerning their eternal harm, as you know how to do, namely, that they be on their guard against the Jews and avoid them so far as possible. When you lay eyes on or think of a Jew you must say to your self: Alas, that mouth which I there behold has cursed and execrated and maligned every Saturday my dear Lord Jesus Christ, who has redeemed me with his precious blood; in addition, it prayed and pleaded before God that I, my wife and children, and all Christians might be stabbed to death and perish miserably. And he himself would gladly do this if he were able, in order to appropriate our goods ... If I were to eat, drink or talk with such a devilish mouth, I would eat or drink myself full of devils by the dish or cupful just as I surely make myself a cohort of all the devils that dwell in the Jews and that deride the precious blood of Christ. May God preserve me from this!

Nor dare we make ourselves partners in their devilish ranting and raving by shielding and protecting them, by giving them food, drink, and shelter, or by other neighborly acts, especially since they boast so proudly and despicably when we do help and serve them that God has ordained them as lords and us as servants. For instance, when a Christian kindles their fire for them on a Sabbath, or cooks for them in an inn whatever they want, they curse and defame and revile us for it, supposing this to be something praiseworthy, and yet they live on our wealth, which they have stolen from us. Such a desperate, thoroughly evil poisonous, and devilish lot are these Jews, who for these fourteen hundred years have been and still are our plague, our pestilence, and our misfortune.

Especially you pastors who have Jews living in your midst, persist in reminding your lords and rulers to be mindful of their office and of their obligation before God to force the Jews to work, to forbid usury, and to check their blasphemy and cursing. For if they punish thievery, robbery, murder, blasphemy, and other vices among us Christians, why should the devilish Jews be scot-free to commit their crimes among us and against us? We suffer more from them than the Italians do from the Spaniards, who plunder the host's kitchen, cellar, chest, and purse, and, in addition, curse him and threaten him with death. Thus the Jews, our guests, also treat us; for we are their hosts. They rob and fleece us and hang about our necks, these lazy weaklings and indolent bellies; they swill and feast, enjoy good times in our homes ...

But if the authorities are reluctant to use force and restrain the Jews' devilish wantonness, the latter should, as we said, be expelled from the country ... much more leave our Lord the Messiah, our faith, and our church undefiled and uncontaminated with their devilish tyranny and malice. Any privileges that they may plead shall not help them; for no one can grant privileges for practicing such abominations. These cancel and abrogate all privileges.

If you pastors and preachers have followed my example and have faithfully issued such warnings, but neither prince nor subject will do anything about it, let us follow the advice of Christ (Matthew 10:14) and shake the dust from our shoes, and say, "We are innocent of your blood." For I observe and have often experienced how indulgent the perverted world is when it should be strict, and, conversely, how harsh it is when it should be merciful. Such was the case with King Ahab, as we find recorded in I Kings 20. That is the way the prince of this world reigns. I suppose that the princes will now wish to show mercy to the Jews, the bloodthirsty foes of our Christian and human name, in order to earn heaven thereby. But that the Jews enmesh us, harass us, torment and distress us poor Christians in every way with the above mentioned devilish and detestable deeds, this they want us to tolerate, and this is a good Christian deed, especially if there is any money involved (which they have filched and stolen from us).

What are we poor preachers to do meanwhile? In the first place, we will believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is truthful when he declares of the Jews who did not accept but crucified him, "You are a brood of vipers and children of the devil [cf. Matt. 12:34]. This is a judgment in which his forerunner John the Baptist concurred, although these people were his kin. Now our authorities and all such merciful saints as wish the Jews well will at least have to let us believe our Lord Jesus Christ, who, I am sure, has a more intimate knowledge of all hearts than do those compassionate saints. He knows that these Jews are a brood of vipers and children of the devil, that is, people who will accord us the same benefits as does their father, the devil, and by now we Christians should have learned from Scripture as well as experience just how much he wishes us well.

I have read and heard many stories about the Jews which agree with this judgment of Christ, namely, how they have poisoned wells, made assassinations, kidnaped children, as related before ... However, it all coincides with the judgment of Christ which declares that they are venomous, bitter, vindictive, tricky serpents, assassins, and children of the devil who sting and work harm stealthily wherever they cannot do it openly ... That is what I had in mind when I said earlier that, next to the devil, a Christian has no more bitter and galling foe than a Jew. There is no other to whom we accord as many benefactions and from whom we suffer as much as we do from these base children of the devil, this brood of vipers.

Now let me commend these Jews sincerely to whoever feels the desire to shelter and feed them, to honor them, to be fleeced, robbed, plundered, defamed, vilified, and cursed by them, and to suffer every evil at their hands -- these venomous serpents and devil's children, who are the most vehement enemies of Christ our Lord and of us all. And if that is not enough, let him stuff them into his mouth, or crawl into their behind and worship this holy object. Then let him boast of his mercy, then let him boast that he has strengthened the devil and his brood for further blaspheming our dear Lord and the precious blood with which we Christians are redeemed. Then he will be a perfect Christian, filled with works of mercy for which Christ will reward him on the day of judgment, together with the Jews in the eternal fire of hell!

It will not do for them to say at this point: "We Jews care nothing about the New Testament or about the belief of the Christians." ... or we will have to resort to other measures. These incorrigible rascals know very well that the New Testament deals with our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son ... For it is incumbent on all to know God's book. He did not reveal it to have it ignored or rejected; he wants it to be known, and he excuses no one from this ... The king would be obliged to take these people by the nape of the neck and throw them into a dungeon and entrust them to Master Hans, who would teach them to say, "We are willing to acknowledge it." The alternative would be to keep them incarcerated forever, lest they contaminate with their refractory attitude others who do want to learn it ...

"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way." Some of the Jews would not hear of this ... the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem, took the villains by the nape of the neck and cast them into the dungeon of exile, which they still inhabit and in which they will remain forever ... There was never a viler people than they, who with their lying, blaspheming, cursing, maligning, their idolatry, their robbery, usury, and all vices accuse us Christians and an mankind more before God and the world than any others ... Their great slothfulness and malice prompt these blasphemous scoundrels to mock Scripture ... what can we expect of these degenerate Jews who haughtily disdain to know anything about this story? ... No, you vile father of such blasphemous Jews, you hellish devil, these are the facts: God has preached long enough to your children, the Jews, publicly and with miraculous signs throughout the world ... save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death ... First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire ... that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God ... that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it, because their blasphemous and accursed mouth ... He who hears this name-from a Jew must inform the authorities, or else throw sow dung at him when he sees him and chase him away. And may no one be merciful and kind in this regard ...

But what will happen even if we do burn down the Jews' synagogues and forbid them publicly to praise God, to pray, to teach, to utter God's name? They will still keep doing it in secret ... They must be driven from our country ... Indeed, if they had the power to do to us what we are able to do to them, not one of us would live for an hour. But since they lack the power to do this publicly, they remain our daily murderers and bloodthirsty foes in their hearts. Their prayers and curses furnish evidence of that, as do the many stories which relate their torturing of children and all sorts of crimes for which they have often been burned at the stake or banished ... everyone would gladly be rid of them ... For Christ does not lie or deceive us when he adjudges them to be serpents and children of the devil ...

If I had power over the Jews, as our princes and cities have, I would deal severely with their lying mouth ... if I had power over them, I would assemble their scholars and their leaders and order them, on pain of losing their tongues down to the root ... Such a mouth should be punished for two reasons; in the first place, because it confesses that it does not understand this; in the second place, because it nevertheless blasphemes something which it does not understand. Why do they not first ask? Indeed, why have they heard it for fifteen hundred years and yet refused to learn or understand it? Therefore such lack of understanding cannot help or excuse them, nor us Christians if we tolerate this any longer from them ... they proceed, impelled by the devil, to fall into this like filthy sows fall into the trough, defaming and reviling what they refuse to acknowledge and to understand ... they can not be God's people, no matter how much they teach, clamor, and pray ...

They are condemned to blaspheme, curse, and vilify God himself and all that is God's, for their eternal damnation ... They (the princes) must act like a good physician who, when gangrene has set proceeds without mercy to cut, saw, and burn flesh, veins, bone, and marrow. Such a procedure must also be followed in this instance. Burn down their synagogues, forbid all that I enumerated earlier, force them to work, and deal harshly with them, as Moses did in the wilderness, slaying three thousand lest the whole people perish ... it would be wrong to be merciful and confirm them in their conduct. If this does not help we must drive them out like mad dogs, so that we do not become partakers of their abominable blasphemy and all the their other vices and thus merit God's wrath and be damned with them. I have done my duty. Now let everyone see to his. I am exonerated ...

If God were to give me no other Messiah than such as the Jews wish and hope for, I would much, much rather be a sow than a human being ... if I could become the ruler of Turkey or the Messiah for whom the Jews hope, I would still prefer being a sow ... The wretched Jews, on the other hand, who rejected this Messiah, have languished and perished since that time in anguish of heart, in trouble, trembling, wrath, impatience, malice, blasphemy, and cursing ...

My essay, I hope, will furnish a Christian (who in any case has no desire to become a Jew) with enough material not only to defend himself against the blind, venomous Jews, but also to become the foe of the Jews ... they are surely possessed by all devils. May Christ, our dear Lord, convert them mercifully and preserve us steadfastly and immovably in the knowledge of him, which is eternal life. Amen.

Not very surprising the nazi's were very happy with Luther.

Not very surprising it lead to a holocaust.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

Elia

In response to Elia, post #5:

YHWH certainly kept HIS end of the bargain, but Israel didn't keep theirs. He had told them that if they didn't listen to him, going after other gods, he would reject them.

To Israel/Jerusalem: "'You yourself have deserted me,' is the utterance of Jehovah. 'Backwards is the way you keep walking. And I shall stretch out my hand against you and bring you to ruin.'" (Jeremiah 15:6)

"The house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant that I concluded with their forefathers. Therefore...here I am bringing upon them a calamity that they will not be able to get out of." (Jeremiah 11:10b,11)

"See, I do put before you today life and good, and death and bad....If your heart turns away and you do not listen, and you are actually seduced and bow down to other gods and serve them, I do tell you today that you will positively perish....You must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days." (Deuteronomy 30:15-20)

[Jehovah said to Moses] "This people will certainly get up and have immoral intercourse with foreign gods of the land to which they are going...and they will certainly forsake me and break my covenant that I have concluded with them. At that my anger will indeed blaze against them in that day, and I shall certainly forsake them and conceal my face from them." (Deuteronomy 31:16,17)

Bs"d

The Christian churches believe in the theory that God rejected His chosen people, and that instead the Christians are the new spiritual Israel. However, God says clearly in the Holy Torah that He will never break his covenant with the Jewish people, even not when they stray away from Him. When the Jews go astray God will punish them. (Leviticus 26:14-17) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them seven times harder. (ibid:18-22) And if they then still don't listen, God will punish them another seven times harder. (ibid:23-24) And if they then still refuse to turn back to God, He will punish them another seven times harder. (ibid:27-28) But despite all this, God will not break His covenant with the Jewish people: Leviticus 26:44-45; "And yet for all that, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them: For I am Y-H-W-H their G.d. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their G.d: I am Y-H-W-H."

"Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying: The two families that Y-H-W-H hath chosen, He has even cast them of? Thus they have despised My people, that they should no more be a nation before them. Thus saith Y-H-W-H: If My covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: for I will cause their captivety to return and have mercy on them." Jeremiah 33:24-26

If God rejected the Jews, why then is He now fulfilling the prophecies that He will gather in the Jews and bring them back to their land? "Fear not, for I am with thee, I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west. I will say to the north; give up, and to the south; keep not back: Bring my sons from far, and My daughters from the ends of the earth." Isaiah 43:5+6 The whole world witnesses this miracle, how after almost 2000 years of dispersion over the whole earth the Jews are returning to Israel. In just 50 years a state has been built from scratch, the Hebrew language has been revived. Is there any precedent in history for this? Is there any other people that was dispersed throughout the whole world for almost 2000 years that held on to their identity and their religion?

Surely we see here the hand of God.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Adon olam, asher malach,
b'terem kol y'tzir nivra.
L'et na'asah v'cheftzo kol,
azai melech sh'mo nikra.
V'acharey kichlot hakol,
l'vado yimloch nora.
V'hu haya, v'hu hoveh,