ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing about losing one's place in the Body of Christ and
ending up in the Lake of Fire.

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Grace message ........warnings. Okie dokie, LA. :dead:

2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

ZacharyB

F13 and LA are a little mixed up.
Satan has some of his minions slithering at the door of all Christian forums
... trying to to confuse, and even destroy, the believers therein.
(Not the 2 mentioned above.)

The NT calls Satan "the god of this age" and "the ruler of this world",
and says he "deceives the whole world".
Especially in these last days, to escape being deceived will be difficult.

glorydaz

and says he " deceives the whole world".

Satan loves it when men give him more power than he actually has. It keep their minds focused on fear when, in fact, believers are safe.....hid with Christ in God. The more fear...the less faith. Those who are standing on the promises of God set their affections on things above. That is the PEACE that passes understanding.

Colossians 3:2-4
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

glorydaz

2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

The GRACE of God is only received in vain when man thinks he has to lend God a hand in order to receive it.

Eph. 2:7-9
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

LA, since you aren't hid with Christ in God, you probably SHOULD heed those verses. :plain:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

and says he "deceives the whole world".

Do you KNOW of such creatures on this forum?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The GRACE of God is only received in vain when man thinks he has to lend God a hand in order to receive it.

Eph. 2:7-9
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

LA, since you aren't hid with Christ in God, you probably SHOULD heed those verses. :plain:

LA is a "poor lost soul."

heir

TOL Subscriber

MUD

heir

TOL Subscriber
Those who would have anyone believe that salvation is based anything at all upon something that we do, have done or will do are those deceitful workers.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Our salvation is by grace through faith. It is not of works, but the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

Your works based salvation message leaves you accursed. Let it be (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).