Is Wormwood here as prescribed in the Good Book,

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I am glad that you have/are considering the 1000 year reign as being literal and yet to come. The Bible confirms the first 4000 years in detail, giving and accurate chronological timeline. Many have tried to compile this chronology with varying degrees of accuracy. In my research I think this may be the most accurate I have found: https://guidetothebible.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/guidechronologylatest2.pdf it may not be of course but notice that the 6000th year coincides with Israel being a nation for one generation of 80 years in 2029.

As Christians we believe Jesus will return and I believe this timing is accurate and that when He returns He will rule for the Sabbath millennium. This is why Revelations say there are two Resurrection; One when Jesus returns and one at the end of the 1000 years when God the Father returns.

Revelation 20
They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

I believe these priests of God are the 144,000 and the second resurrection is for the Great Multitude and the large temple described in Ezekiel will be built for this 1000 year reign.
You must also believe that those who take part in this live lives that are a thousand years long and that there is no dying during that period. Does this mean they do not age?

Also, what is the temple for?

WatchmanOnTheWall

No, you did NOT.

Just where does the Bible state that "Satan is going so cause a collision with earth"?

First you make false claims and then you lie about it.

I have tried explaining from scripture and you have not understood it and have rejected it without any proof from scripture from yourself or otherwise. What you are accusing me of is what you are actually guilty of yourself but you don't have the intelligence to realise any of this. :)

WatchmanOnTheWall

You must also believe that those who take part in this live lives that are a thousand years long and that there is no dying during that period. Does this mean they do not age?
Actually scripture states that there will be death in this period but people will live long lives into their hundreds:

Isaiah 65:20
"Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.

Also, what is the temple for?

It is where Jesus will sit enthroned as King of the World and be worshipped:

Zechariah 14:16
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Right Divider

Body part
I have tried explaining from scripture and you have not understood it and have rejected it without any proof from scripture from yourself or otherwise. What you are accusing me of is what you are actually guilty of yourself but you don't have the intelligence to realise any of this. :)
You've given no evidence that support your claim that Satan will cause a celestial body to collide with earth. If you think that you have, you are more delusional than I thought.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Actually scripture states that there will be death in this period but people will live long lives into their hundreds:

Isaiah 65:20
"Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.

It is where Jesus will sit enthroned as King of the World and be worshipped:

Zechariah 14:16
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

I have given some thought to the day of rest theory.

It does not make sense to me, in light of Mar 13:32KJV, that Jesus did not know the date of His return if the day of rest theory is correct. After all, He is that rest.; the Lord of the Sabbath. And it also does not make sense that any man can know the day.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I have given some thought to the day of rest theory.

It does not make sense to me, in light of Mar 13:32KJV, that Jesus did not know the date of His return if the day of rest theory is correct. After all, He is that rest.; the Lord of the Sabbath. And it also does not make sense that any man can know the day.

Well firstly knowing the 6000th year is up for debate, as is which day or feast Jesus will return on in any given year. So the 'no one knows the day or hour' verse is not necessarily contradicted, especially as it does not say the year is not known. However, even if the exact day is sited it would still not contradict Mark 13:32 as Jesus said it in the present tense, He did not say no one would ever know which is supported by this verse:

Amos 3:7 – Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

However, as I have mentioned before it is important not to build a theology on a couple of verses but instead put everything into context, letting the Bible interpret the Bible:

Isaiah 28:13 – line upon line, precept upon precept

Therefore the following verses must also be considered:

1 Thessalonians 5:4 – “You’re not in darkness for that day to surprise you like a thief.”

And:

Deuteronomy 16:16 – Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose:

Passover: Fulfilled by Jesus

Pentecost: Fulfilled by Jesus

Tabernacles: To be Fulfilled…

Jesus fulfilled 10 out of 12 Jewish Holy days and is beyond coincidence. Therefore He must return on the ones He has yet to fulfil, this is the Day of Atonement which relates to the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord and the feast of Tabernacles that celebrates the harvest. Many know it as Harvest festival and it alludes to the great harvest of souls at the end of age. I hope and pray you and others can see and believe this and will not be like the Jews who missed His first coming by not recognising that Passover was a shadow picture of Jesus' sacrifice.

Added to these facts is that Daniel had also given a prophesy for Jesus' first coming which was given by Gabriel, when he said the Messiah would appear 483 years after an order would be given to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Daniel was in effect a date setter which points to the Bible perhaps containing information about when Jesus second coming will be.

In fact Jesus himself also alluded to the fact that He would fulfil Tabernacles at a later time:

John 7:2 & 8 – But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, [Jesus said] “You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.”

Jesus then purposefully misses the feast of Tabernacles which is on day 15 of month 7 and lasts 8 days. However, Jesus does turn up after having deliberately missed this specific day:

John 7:10 & 14 – But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then Jesus also went up, not publicly but in secret. About halfway through the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching.

We wait for Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath to fulfil Tabernacles on the 6000th year when He returns to the Mount of Olives and Tabernacles with man for 1000 years, our Sabbath rest.

WatchmanOnTheWall

"no one knows the day nor the hour" is associated with The Feast of Trumpets.

Jesus was born on this feast in 3BC (11th September). I think this pretty much fulfilled it although something might happen on this day as the 10 days of awe start then and I believe the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord is on day 10 (Atonement).