Is White Privilege Real?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
To feminists: When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

To black people: White people are not privileged, white men have simply managed to keep feminists from destroying their family unit

To white men:
160419184334-donald-trump-release-tax-returns-cnnmoney-orig-00022605-large-169.jpg

The mere salute to white men in this country has become 'racist' and 'sexist'- it's time we acknowledge the absurdity that it is somehow wrong for white men to pride themselves the same as everyone else.
That white men are evil unless they dismiss their own interests for everyone else :rolleyes:

glassjester

Did you intentionally miss the point or do I need to find another way to say that one example of white privilege is greater access to both on average just by virtue of being born white?

I often miss points. Never intentionally.

Though I appreciate you offering me the benefit of the doubt.

Please elaborate.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
and here's the critical point:
Did you intentionally miss the point or do I need to find another way to say that one example of white privilege is greater access to both on average just by virtue of being born white?

but i believe gj already covered this:
(racism is) the only explanation for any disparity in this country.

it appears that "white privilege" doesn't apply equally to all whites

there can only be one explanation for this disparity

racism!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I often miss points. Never intentionally.
Excellent. Sometimes droll, coy, and "Wait, what?" are hard to tell apart without body language or a rich history of usage. :)

Though I appreciate you offering me the benefit of the doubt.
I like you. What's it cost to wonder?

Please elaborate.
:think:

In what particular? What I mean is, what in that needs elaboration? Or, do you know why separate and equal, by way of example, was held to be anything but the latter?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... do you know why separate and equal, by way of example, was held to be anything but the latter?

because they were demonstrably not equal

i always thought the feds should have forced those in the south that claimed they were equal to switch