Is there a true church?

glassjester

But do you suppose the personality's belief system is going to outweigh the reality of all that outer space you see when you look up at the night sky? THAT is reality. THAT is what is infinite and eternal.

The universe (space and time) is neither infinite nor eternal.
Why do you believe it is?

Right Divider

Body part
The soul is not mysticism. It is reality. The beliefs and stories of the personality are the mysticism. It's your choice whether or not to investigate the soul for yourself. But do you suppose the personality's belief system is going to outweigh the reality of all that outer space you see when you look up at the night sky? THAT is reality. THAT is what is infinite and eternal. There's no amount of belief in anything that is going to protect you from it. Might as well jump now.
Absolute total utter hogwash.

A bogus claim by a self proclaimed know it all.

journey

That is based on the interpretation that has been spoon fed to us. I was brave enough to find out the truth for myself. Do you suppose the idea that a man can ascend into the sky is based on opinion?

Jesus Christ ascended to heaven after His resurrection, and there were witnesses. I really don't care what you believe since it has no impact on the truth.

glassjester

That's a great question and it's a viable way of thinking about it too. In my opinion it's more about the negation of time altogether or timelessness.

I agree. "Eternal" means "atemporal" or "timeless."

But time is a dimension of the physical universe.

So could a time period of infinite duration, ever come to an end?

Prizebeatz1

Where does it teach that it's not literal? I'm through conversing with you. You're welcome to believe whatever you want to, regardless of what God's Word clearly teaches.

Basic common sense tells us it's not literal. I think we've been confusing "what God's Word clearly teaches" with the interpretation of man.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Basic common sense tells us it's not literal. I think we've been confusing "what God's Word clearly teaches" with the interpretation of man.

Your common sense tells you that the Lord Jesus Christ did not ascend after resurrection ?

Acts 1:1-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, -

It is literal, with eyewitnesses

Prizebeatz1

Your common sense tells you that the Lord Jesus Christ did not ascend after resurrection ?

Acts 1:1-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, -

It is literal, with eyewitnesses

I honestly think everyone's common sense tells them it's not literal but people are too proud and too afraid to admit it. The beauty of the soul is that it makes perfect sense when we're ready to get real. Maybe not everyone is ready and that's fine.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I honestly think everyone's common sense tells them it's not literal but people are too proud and too afraid to admit it. The beauty of the soul is that it makes perfect sense when we're ready to get real. Maybe not everyone is ready and that's fine.

It's literal and common rational sense, says so.

My pride is what wouldn't allow me to recognize its literalness.
My fears left me when I came to true faith in Christ.
You are obviously not ready....yet.
I pray you become so.

Prizebeatz1

It's literal and common rational sense, says so.

My pride is what wouldn't allow me to recognize its literalness.
My fears left me when I came to true faith in Christ.
You are obviously not ready....yet.
I pray you become so.

Well that's funny. You probably didn't know I was a Catholic for 35 years. Do you really suppose a man could literally ascend into the sky thousands of years ago or even today? There's nothing common or rational about it. I don't think you're being honest.