Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

God's Truth

No one can choose God
We definitely can choose God. Anyone can choose God.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Did you read that scripture? Jesus says ANYONE who CHOOSES.

except he draws them to Jesus.

Jesus draws all men to him. However, many resist.

Not one of us in our sinful nature is capable of seeking Him except He draws us to himself.
If in our sinful nature no one is capable to seek God, then God would not tell us to seek Him.

We are no better than the unbeliever but somehow God saw fit to draw us to Christ in this age.

You have been led into error by Calvinists.

God's Truth

Yea but that is temporal and emotional, it doesn't deal with the secret place where no man can grasp through thought or deed, the love that passes mans understanding.
Those in Jesus are not experiencing a temporary love.
As for love being emotional, a feeling…that is right.
God doesn't need another mans blood spilled to teach one how to fill the lamp full of oil, produced in the brain that flows down the spine and back up a holy inner science your mistaking as a literal event outside your body.
There is no greater love than a friend who will die for you.
You are rejecting that love. You are speaking against that love.

Zeke

Those in Jesus are not experiencing a temporary love.
As for love being emotional, a feeling…that is right.

There is no greater love than a friend who will die for you.
You are rejecting that love. You are speaking against that love.

Think what you like at least I don't think your going to be punished because you disagree with me.

Your speaking against the love that includes all, even the duped and ignorant.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Think what you like at least I don't think your going to be punished because you disagree with me.

you think God loves those who reject Him?

you think God loves those who choose to be satan's tools?

Ardima

you think God loves those who reject Him?

you think God loves those who choose to be satan's tools?

Read John 3:16... yes God loves them. Its called unconditional love. Something many people seem to have a hard time understanding.

Posted from the TOL App!

Ardima

We definitely can choose God. Anyone can choose God.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Did you read that scripture? Jesus says ANYONE who CHOOSES.

Choosing to do the will of God and choosing God are two different things even unbelievers are capable of "doing the will of God".

Jesus draws all men to him. However, many resist.

You do know that when it says draw it literally means to drag against one's will right?

If in our sinful nature no one is capable to seek God, then God would not tell us to seek Him.

We can do no nothing outside of Christ... show me a scripture where God says to seek Him. I have only found where God does the seeking...

You have been led into error by Calvinists.

It is you who have been led astray by the humanistic doctrine of absolute free will.

Besides, I said this age. I do not believe a God of love damns most people to an eternity of tourment in hell. Look up some of my earlier posts...

Posted from the TOL App!

God's Truth

A bit like saying you don't want to share a table with Lazarus in essence...

What an atrocious attitude to have towards people.

:plain:

What an atrocious attitude not to love Jesus.

If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be cursed! Come, Lord!
1 Corinthians 16:22

God's Truth

God knows who is duped and ignorant. You are neither of those things, is that correct? So then, what is your excuse?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Read John 3:16... yes God loves them. Its called unconditional love. Something many people seem to have a hard time understanding.

God so loved the world. God so loved us. That is in general.

God does not even know you unless you believe and obey Him, see 1 Corinthians 8:3.

God does not love us unconditionally.

John 15:10 NET If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

God's Truth

Choosing to do the will of God and choosing God are two different things even unbelievers are capable of "doing the will of God".
If anyone chooses to do the will of God, they will find out whether Jesus’ teaching comes from God or not.
You do know that when it says draw it literally means to drag against one's will right?
God does not drag us against our will. False teachers have misled you.
We can do no nothing outside of Christ... show me a scripture where God says to seek Him. I have only found where God does the seeking...
Here is a powerful scripture to show you God’s Truth.

Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

You see in Acts 17:27 God wants men to seek him, and that God is not far from “each one of us.”

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear God's Truth,

Great job!! Hey I gave you some good rep pts. on another thread where I found you had posted. I can't remember the name of it, but we'll turn them red ones into green ones soon enough. You take care and stay wise.

Much Love In Christ!!

Michael

Aimiel

The one I love and respect isn't bound by a book, or doctrines that have been grafted on by religions that take allegory as historical truth, and think God had to murder an innocent being on a literal cross that is a metaphor for what takes place in the human temple.
His Word isn't just stories. It is literal Truth and gives us spiritual Truth who is alive in us, because He died to gain the ability to live in us.
Like I said the truth speaks for it's self to the human heart.
The Truth is Jesus, Who is Christ. He isn't just principles, He is Truth. He gives us the inner knowledge that His Word is literally true as well as shows us how to live that Truth.

Ardima

If anyone chooses to do the will of God, they will find out whether Jesus’ teaching comes from God or not.

God does not drag us against our will. False teachers have misled you.

You have been lead by false teachers if you believe we have absolute free will; for that is the only way we could "choose salvation."

Here is a powerful scripture to show you God’s Truth.

Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

You see in Acts 17:27 God wants men to seek him, and that God is not far from “each one of us.”

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

You fail again to see the context. God did something first in order that men may seek Him. Man has never been able to do the seeking on his own.

Posted from the TOL App!

Zeke

His Word isn't just stories. It is literal Truth and gives us spiritual Truth who is alive in us, because He died to gain the ability to live in us.The Truth is Jesus, Who is Christ. He isn't just principles, He is Truth. He gives us the inner knowledge that His Word is literally true as well as shows us how to live that Truth.

I never said the stories weren't teaching a truth, it just isn't based on a literal event where a man died on a wooden cross.
The two thieves are your two eyes that deceive you, the one in middle representing Christ (the rock) is your pineal gland the eye you see God with, just like Jacob tells you Genesis 32:30, and Christ Luke 11:34, 17:20.

The literal view is seeking to observe with those two thieves first, which brings on a the different emotional feelings that religions major in.

The scripture is inner science about the temple made without hands, the only ones God has ever dwelt in, even the tabernacle in the wilderness was a template, or pattern, for the human temple in figurative symbols.

Zeke

God knows who is duped and ignorant. You are neither of those things, is that correct? So then, what is your excuse?

No I have been ignorant and duped by religion, and the dogmas of fear that closes the capacity to be a free thinking being outside those iron boxes, where god is kept under lock and key.

I hope to show that fear produced by them is a false one, and has a negative effect on the human mind and heart.

God's Truth

No I have been ignorant and duped by religion, and the dogmas of fear that closes the capacity to be a free thinking being outside those iron boxes, where god is kept under lock and key.

I hope to show that fear produced by them is a false one, and has a negative effect on the human mind and heart.

It is good to fear God. It moves me to obey, and the blessings are more than I could have ever realized.

Aimiel

I never said the stories weren't teaching a truth, it just isn't based on a literal event where a man died on a wooden cross.
Sorry, but you have no excuse for your heresy.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

God can be plainly seen. He said so. He doesn't lie. His Word isn't stories. It is Truth. God calls you: "Fool." You need to repent of your blasphemy.