ECT Is "Original sin" Seen by Others as Intrinsic Potential or latent in Creation as Evil

popsthebuilder

Is "Original sin" Seen by Others as Intrinsic Potential or latent in Creation as Evil

This topic was motivated by a similar topic at a separate site.

To me when one says that we are by default; inherently evil, that makes our Creator in who's image and likeness we are created, also out to be evil which seems very very wrong to me.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
To me when one says that we are by default; inherently evil, that makes our Creator in who's image and likeness we are created, also out to be evil which seems very very wrong to me.

Lucifer was in a very high position for an untold period of time.

He sinned and led other angelic beings in rebellion to the the Most High.

The earth was destroyed and covered with water.

Salvation was required to preserve the sinners based on repentance.

It was a foregone conclusion that humans would sin sooner or later.

So humans were created with a propensity to sin.

Those the Father selected could repent and would be given the mind of Christ,

And so it is.

Bradley D

This was the real temptation from the serpent. People want to be gods/idols today.

"....and you shall be as gods..." (Gen. 3:5).

nikolai_42

When was Paul “sold under sin” (Romans 7:14)”? Who did the selling? When did the Pharisees become evil (Matthew 12:34-35) - as Jesus called them being of their father the devil (John 8:44)? And when he says only good trees bring forth good fruit, are there some naturally good and naturally evil trees? Jesus said there are none good but God (and I am pretty sure the Greek word for good is the same)

john w

Hall of Fame

What a mess, as the above tells me, others, that you do not study the details of the book. No, we are not made in image and likeness of God; only Adam/Eve were:

Genesis 1:26-27 KJV 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

We are created in the "fallen" likeness and image of Adam:

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

popsthebuilder

What a mess, as the above tells me, others, that you do not study the details of the book. No, we are not made in image and likeness of God; only Adam/Eve were:

Genesis 1:26-27 KJV 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

We are created in the "fallen" likeness and image of Adam:

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
Okay.....and if his likeness was made in the image and likeness of GOD then.....you think we are created intrinsically evil?

john w

Hall of Fame
Okay.....and if his likeness was made in the image and likeness of GOD then.....you think we are created intrinsically evil?

Nice create a moving target, humanism. I corrected you, based upon the testimony of the book.

Your move.

genuineoriginal

If it's impossible for a person to obey God's law they are going to sin.

No doubt about it. Believe the scripture.
God did not think it was impossible for a person to obey God's Law.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
God did not think it was impossible for a person to obey God's Law.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.​

Yet only one did it.

What so ever is not of faith is sin.

Did what?

Lived a life by faith in God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"Perfect faith" is not needed, only acceptable faith is needed.

2 Corinthians 12:9

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

popsthebuilder

Nice create a moving target, humanism. I corrected you, based upon the testimony of the book.

Your move.
What.....there is more than one view about original sin within Christianity. Your point of view is welcome; but in no way closes the discussion. You say you give testimony of the book; so is that not too your own belief?

Do you personally think that all are born inherently evil; or only with the capacity for evil?

john w

Hall of Fame
What.....there is more than one view about original sin within Christianity. Your point of view is welcome; but in no way closes the discussion. You say you give testimony of the book; so is that not too your own belief?

Do you personally think that all are born inherently evil; or only with the capacity for evil?

Your move; your premise is in error. You made up that we are created in the image and likeness of God, not having studied the details of the book. If your premise is in error, everything that follows will follow suit. And, if you do not study the details, such as this "3rd grade" detail, you are not to be taken seriously.

Dig? Good. Rhetorical q.

popsthebuilder

Your move; your premise is in error. You made up that we are created in the image and likeness of God, not having studied the details of the book. If your premise is in error, everything that follows will follow suit. And, if you do not study the details, such as this "3rd grade" detail, you are not to be taken seriously.

Dig? Good. Rhetorical q.
Look buddy if you can't connect the freakin dots so much so as to see that GOD created adam in HIS likeness....so anything that comes from Adam would still have some semblance of it's Creator which it was fashioned after then this may be a fruitless endeavor.

So after Adams being ejected from Eden was all creation formed with intrinsic evil or just the capacity for evil along with good?

Last edited: