Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:shocked: TMI.

So the wife should set her hungry child aside because her husband's impatient sex drive trumps caring for their child?

I'm talking about the wives who refuses sex many times.

Then why did you mention this:

Yes, if she is sick or in her period. But ,sometime, the wife should give sex to her husband as she gives food to her baby.

It's just an overly odd statement. A baby's needs should always trump that of an adults because they are unable to care for themselves.

Putting a sex drive above caring for a child is just selfish.

egyptianmuslim

Then why did you mention this:

It's just an overly odd statement. A baby's needs should always trump that of an adults because they are unable to care for themselves.

Putting a sex drive above caring for a child is just selfish.
Misunderstanding
, the wife can not do sex if her baby is crying
Both should relief the sexual tension of other as possible and dont use sex as. a method of pressure

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Misunderstanding
, the wife can not do sex if her baby is crying
Both should relief the sexual tension of other as possible and dont use sex as. a method of pressure

You were pretty clear from the start.
Rusha just likes to beat straw men to death- making a misrepresentation of what you mean so she can attack it.

Last edited:

Arsenios

yes, in a Christian marriage

if the couple is having difficulty of any sort they should seek resolution through prayer or the counseling of their spiritual leaders

not from the state

So a Christian man and a Christian woman get married...
The man beats the woman up, breaks her arm, and smashed her foot with a hammer, and then tells her that if she tells anyone, he will REALLY hurt her...

Time for the State to send in the cops yet?

Or do we wait till she is dead...???

Arsenios

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So a Christian man and a Christian woman get married...
The man beats the woman up, breaks her arm, and smashed her foot with a hammer, and then tells her that if she tells anyone, he will REALLY hurt her...

Time for the State to send in the cops yet?

Or do we wait till she is dead...???

Arsenios

:think: Good question.

Arsenios

The 'rape is about power' thing is basically a lie. Rape can a lot of times be in part about power, but the prime factor is ultimately sexual frustration.

They want to make it about power as to dumb it all down to 'evil man tyranny'.

Rape is NOT about sexual frustration...

Arsenios

Arsenios

While a husband and wife shouldn't withhold from one another; that is not the same as saying that one should be allowed to force themselves on the other. The command is about giving yourself, not about taking someone. Some people have trouble separating cause/effect, and intent/result when they read the scriptures.

:thumb:

A.

iouae

Examine these two stories, one from Judges, the other from Genesis. Let us see what they have in common.

Judges 19
22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

23 And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

24 Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go

Gen 19
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

1) In both stories we have a city of perverts wanting to sodomise a stranger.
2) The "good" men lodging the stranger offer their daughters to be raped instead.
3) The "good" men think it is the lesser of two evils to offer their daughters to be raped than a stranger.

I come away from this thinking, when you live among perverts, your moral compass becomes so broken that you cannot tell right from wrong any more.

We today live in a society of perverted entertainment. Our compasses are so out of alignment that we cannot tell right from wrong any more.

How can it ever be right to offer your daughters to be raped?
Surely you should be fighting back the crowds till your last dying gasp to protect your daughters, spouses, concubines?

Some folks in the Bible were seriously messed up.
Even some folks on Team Good, like Lot, were seriously messed up.

And the daughters of Lot seemed to have learned something in Sodom.
They ended up making Lot drunk and "raping" him (Gen 19).
They were seriously messed up too.

And in prisons, men are raped every day. And we think little of it.
We are seriously messed up too.

Arsenios

If you ever consummated your marriage with sex, especially on your wedding night after you took your vows, then you are officially married, and the marriage is based on that sexual act.

Without the entire "became one flesh" thing, there is no marriage.

There is such a thing as a celibate marriage...

It has a long and honorable tradition in the History of the Christian Church...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Anything that causes the married couple to become a plaintiff and a defendant in a criminal case should automatically cause the two to become divorced, and the final disposition of the divorce is dependent on the outcome of the criminal case.

A silly notion...

Tell me - Do you regard marriage as a Sacrament of the Body of Christ?

If not, then it is no more than a secular matter and can be whatever society decides it is, and you have no complaint when men marry men, or their dogs, for that matter...

And if yes, then it is for keeps, and criminal law can apply without dissolving the union, though it may separate the two spouses... And the marriage can only be dissolved through Ecclesiastical means...

But YOU are treating marriage as a secular matter between Christians, and not as a Sacred and Ecclesiastical matter between God and the married couple He has joined...

IF I am hearing you right...

How else could a legal plaintiff-defendant action between two married people cause dissolution of the marriage?

Arsenios

iouae

Tell me - Do you regard marriage as a Sacrament of the Body of Christ?

Show me one place in the NT of the church marrying anyone?

The church has turned marriage into a sacrament.

This is just a church tradition.

One Christian marrying another should consider this marriage covenant binding, because Christ says so, not because the church says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.