Is mankind basically good ?

Danoh

It's how I see it.. Not important though. I sincerely think all political difference boils down to liberal or conservative or derivatives thereof.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

While speaking with a very, very sharp Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher yesterday, I mentioned to him that whether a person is aware of it or not, they are applying a system of study to the Scripture.

He disagreed.

I found that interesting; as highly sharp as he is, he could not see this obvious.

You're basically saying something similar about a person being either some shade of Liberal or Conservative.

At the same time, for you and some of yours to conclude me a Liberal right off; is a bit presumptuously ignorant.

Therein lies the obvious - your obvious tendency to not only labor under a false dichotomy, but to run with it.

It is the very blinder I often observe you labor under.

Fact of the matter?

I hold to no party.

I try to go by what is right in the sight of God as the Word teaches me this side of God's Mystery Grace, and on a case by case basis.

THAT...IS Pauline...

1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

1 Corinthians 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm going to say that mankind is both good and evil.
After all, mankind partook of the tree of knowledge of GOOD and EVIL.

Huckleberry

I believe we're all born selfish but are forced by reality to adopt good behavior and even beliefs.

Drop a dozen people on a jungle island, for example, and they'll immediately start working together to survive, not because they're civic minded but because they want to survive.

Come to think of it, this is a huge advantage most of us have over sociopaths and psychopaths. Let's thank God for it. ;)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Drop a dozen people on a jungle island, for example, and they'll immediately start working together to survive, not because they're civic minded but because they want to survive.
Lord of the Flies didn't turn out that way.
:D

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The people who are under the law are rotten according to Paul:

I am not talking about righteousness and the standard to enter into life, but moral relativism. How we say is somebody good or bad. I thought that is where you were going.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
America's Founding Fathers were considered "liberals" by 18thC standards.

Many of their ideas were adopted from the French and British political philosophers!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
A total lie.
The point here is that America is a liberal nation founded on the principles of liberalism rejecting monarchies and embracing democracy.

The Federalists, like Hamilton, wanted a more aristocratic democratic Republic and those like Jefferson wanted a more liberal democratic Republic.

We explain this all in the article, but suffice to say “we Americans are all technically liberals and American is a liberal nation”, right now fascism in its new National Populist right-wing form and Communism in its weakened left-wing populist form are clawing at the edges of global western liberalism.

We must remember what we are defending here and what our founding fathers stood for. We are right-wing conservative liberals and we are left-wing social liberals, and we are centered liberals, and economic liberals, and classical liberals, etc. and we can all be this within the federalist frame of the Republic, but we are not Red Coat Tory Loyalist conservatives and nor were our founders (instead the liberal patriots exiled and otherwise treated them poorly).

We are liberals in the way the Constitution and Bill of Rights are liberal documents.
Conservatives in America remained loyal to the British "crown!"

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.”
— George Washington

ClimateSanity

The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.”
— George Washington
His word liberal is totally foreign to your liberalism.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
America's Founding Fathers were considered "liberals" by 18thC standards.

Many of their ideas were adopted from the French and British political philosophers!

Wrong. You are trying to imply they are liberal and like you. When you know it doesn't work. In other threads, you will call them racist white slave owners that didn't want to pay their taxes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Equal protection under the law and not being partial to the poor is Biblical. I shared this with Limbaugh at his public email when he stated that it was an American original idea. Its true that life before America was one full of dungeons and slavery. So I showed him how the practice of liberty is and where it comes from.

It comes from the creator, our Lord Jesus Christ.

So the founding Fathers are anything but liberal in the way liberals want to describe them with their misdirection.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!
Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto - “In God is our trust,”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.