Is mankind basically good ?

Arthur Brain

You deny that man is born with an evil bent. Therefore, you're a liberal. But I already knew that.

Um, no, your assertions aren't facts and what you think you "know" is merely subjective opinion where it comes to such. Heck, you ain't even got the honesty to state just exactly who it is in your own OP when questioned about your veiled attack on a poster dude. Is that a 'conservative' trait?

Arthur Brain

Seems like they're making a good argument for abortion.

They're not making a good argument for anything...

A newborn is only reacting to it's natural and inbuilt need for nourishment. It has no awareness of morals or ethics and is thoroughly dependent on it's parents to provide it, just the same as that persons children (if they have any) will be reliant on them, such is the cycle of life.

For consistency then these crackpots would have to argue that a zygote is being selfish by forming inside its mothers body...

quip

BANNED
Banned
They're not making a good argument for anything...

A newborn is only reacting to it's natural and inbuilt need for nourishment. It has no awareness of morals or ethics and is thoroughly dependent on it's parents to provide it, just the same as that persons children (if they have any) will be reliant on them, such is the cycle of life.

For consistency then these crackpots would have to argue that a zygote is being selfish by forming inside its mothers body...

BINGO!

Why be a party to an evil creation if there's even the slightest chance that this being might reject a proper godly upbringing.

Totally selfish!

Arthur Brain

BINGO!

Why be a party to an evil creation if there's even the slightest chance that this being might reject a proper godly upbringing.

Totally selfish!

You can't expect logic or consistency from such a fundamentally flawed (or crackpot) viewpoint to begin with. May as well anthropomorphize human characteristics onto my cat and call it evil when it meows to be fed...

:freak:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
mankind is selfish

dinner, on the other hand, is shellfish :chew:

lobster-dinner-shellfish-seafood-meal-meat-wallpaper-3.jpg

Ewww

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Relax...its just sarcasm.

I get it. Newborns must be evil because they naturally need God's strong hand to be good.

Rather liberals think this is a pathetic way to look at things.

Yes, i agree, your view is a pathetic way to look at that, when the fact is that sin is what separates us from God. Sin is evil.

Arthur Brain

Only a liberal can concoct such notions in his brain. It never fails to astonish me....and then they pat each other on the back for such wickedness.

It doesn't (unfortunately) astonish me anymore when rabid self identified conservatives advocate such things as stabbing homosexuals to death as a form of "execution".

:rolleyes: