Is mankind basically good ?

Lon

I won't deny we hurt each other at times. I'm no saint, I've hurt deliberately in my life, sometimes through lashing out and other times more calculatedly. I'm not proud of any event like that and I've paid for it and even subsequent remorse could be perceived as selfish because of personal loss. Then, there's the flipside, where I feel guilt for things and would wish to make amends even if it wasn't recognized. There's times where I've tried to do good to feel better about myself and other times where I was simply in a situation where there was only one right thing to do and I wasn't looking for any sort of reward for it. life is complicated. We're neither monsters or saints in the main, just fallible human beings.

I think you and I share the idea, very much. 1 Peter 4:8 Romans 8:28 It is central to the cross Romans 7:24 It is the elimination of yang, from the Chinese sense.. An elimination of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 culminated at verse 17.

Lon

Lon is basically good

yes, he is

I needed Christ. Whatever work He has wrought, is due to Him having a hold of me. I come from a broken life of abuse and living in a terrible area (South side) of abuse. God wrought a work in me, and is continuing that work.

My wife agrees I'm no saint (not quite true but for the generic term), but sometimes she thinks I am.

Arthur Brain

I think you and I share the idea, very much. 1 Peter 4:8 Romans 8:28 It is central to the cross Romans 7:24 It is the elimination of yang, from the Chinese sense.. An elimination of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 culminated at verse 17.

I've just completed and passed a health care course and some of it was very full on, especially in regards to how anyone in care should be treat under specific codes of practice and in regards to human rights, also the specifics of how dementia and terminal illness fall under those remits. We're just human beings in the main Lon - and subject to all manner of ailments, pain and prone to diseases the like of which I wouldn't wish on anyone no matter how much I may despise them (not you dude) as people. I only hope there's something beyond this where all of that is gone.

Arthur Brain

Same desire. C.S. Lewis said it was our God-given shape of that need.

Then that includes people who aren't part of any belief system. While working at Oxfam I've spoken with people who have lost people to Alzheimers and the horrible deterioration they've been witness to and the devastating impact on those suffering and they themselves as family. One can only hope that every tear will indeed be wiped away and those things on this plane will come to pass. Not just for those that 'believe' on this one.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law, and emphasizes economic freedoms found in economic liberalism which is also called free market capitalism.

What may be called 'equality liberalism' is fake liberalism, as it needs an authoritative body to enforce it.

Lon

Then that includes people who aren't part of any belief system. While working at Oxfam I've spoken with people who have lost people to Alzheimers and the horrible deterioration they've been witness to and the devastating impact on those suffering and they themselves as family. One can only hope that every tear will indeed be wiped away and those things on this plane will come to pass. Not just for those that 'believe' on this one.
My step-father died of dehydration when Alzheimers took full effect. I'm not one to try and counsel the Almighty. I trust that He is all that He says He is. Isaiah 53:3 Few do not know of Him. -Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Man. Gorgeous responses and interactions this last page or two. Flowers do bloom on TOL occasionally.

In God's mercies. -Lon

It's a shame Arthur was removed from this conversation.

Conservatives want to cry about liberal censorship - except when they want to do the censoring.

Reactions: Lon

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Everyone is tired of being pretentious. Perhaps a small group of liberals have an authentic attitude about many of the 'new sociopolitical' issues, yet most people feel forced to use the right words and demonstrate the 'right' attitudes.

The one nice thing about being old is no one censors you. At least that is true for me.

Tell you the truth, if President trump does anything significant, it will be helping persons who have over one million dollars liquid. The reason so many who are less than middle-class voted for Trump is over this social manner issue. people are sick, sick, sick of pretending to care so much about the 'new morality' Most persons think it is a bunch of garbage being forced on them.

Funny as it is, they would rather allow the rich to become richer, just to get rid of the liberal message and censorship!