Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I believe God kept His promise:

Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalms 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

You don't have the pure and preserved words of the Lord only your religious opinion, which means nothing.

Where in the Psalms is the KJV prophesied or specified as being the subject at hand?

Nowhere . . .

Again, you insert your opinions into Holy Scripture, which is illegitimate as well as down-right sinful.

You must repent of these practices . . . (Rev. 22:18-19; Deut. 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:6)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Where in the Psalms is the KJV prophesied or specified as being the subject at hand?
The words of the Lord are pure and God promised to keep them. I believe we have them in a KJB; you don't. How sad for you that you cannot take God at His word, but have chosen to take deceitful workers at theirs as you allow them to talk you out of believing you can trust God's word.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Again, you insert your opinions into Holy Scripture, which is illegitimate as well as down-right sinful.

You must repent of these practices . . . (Rev. 22:18-19; Deut. 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:6)
Be quiet, you silly woman.

2 Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Is anything too hard for the LORD?

godrulz says, yes.

But your argument can work both ways. Because it is also not too difficult for God to ensure that the inspiration of the originals be preserved in such a way that the translators (King James committee and other translation committees) need have no divine inspiration at all but simply used human capabilities to copy the copies of copies of the original autographs and copy them without heirrors.

Man is capable of copying 2+2=4 and doesn't need divine inspiration.

I would argue against the NIV in that it is not a copy as the KJV but it is a paraphrase and unfortunately the translators in some parts translated the supposed meaning of certain passages. They took that Liberty and changed the Word to fit their own replacement theology foolishly.

But your argument works both ways.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Calvin didn't like KJ?
I'd like to know the answer to that if someone can enlighten my unholy black and white trinity.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Calvin didn't like KJ?
I'd like to know the answer to that if someone can enlighten my unholy black and white trinity.

I don't know that Calvin ever lived to read the KJV.

His Geneva Bible was first published 50 some years prior to the the KJ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Myth, not evidence based. It is a false security blanket for the lazy and ignorant.
You've been quoted saying,

"God gave us His Word"....
" I fully affirm the inspiration of Scripture without error"
"we have the infallible Word of God"
"God inspired and preserved His Word"

Where is this "His Word" that you say God gave?
Identify this inspired "Scripture without error".
Where can we find it?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Is anything too hard for the LORD?

godrulz says, yes.

No, but the evidence shows that no English translation is inspired in the same way the original autographs are. Using your logic, the fact that all are not saved means heir thinks there are things too hard for God.

Seriously, why are you so arrogant in your ignorance?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
No, but the evidence shows that no English translation is inspired in the same way the original autographs are. Using your logic, the fact that all are not saved means heir thinks there are things too hard for God.

Seriously, why are you so arrogant in your ignorance?

God created in six days and did not speak of evolution, but God did promise that His words are pure and preserved and you believe He didn't. You make God a liar. Your god is the liar, littlegrulz.

I believe God has preserved His words, but not in the false way KJVO believes. You cannot use a verse to prove KJVO without simply begging the question/circular reasoning. Rejecting KJVO is NOT rejecting inspiration, transmission, preservation, etc.

The evidence is against your view. Rejecting KJVO is not rejecting God, Word of God, KJV, etc.

It is not making God a liar to reject KJVO. Riplinger, Ruckman, Heir are beyond ridiculous and actually undermine the credibility of Scripture among skeptics. There is a good reason hardly anyone gives a passing thought to KJVO. It is patently false.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The words of the Lord are pure and God promised to keep them. I believe we have them in a KJB; you don't. How sad for you that you cannot take God at His word, but have chosen to take deceitful workers at theirs as you allow them to talk you out of believing you can trust God's word.

For someone who thinks they rightly handle the Word, your proof texting insults intelligence and sound truth. It is not surprising you have fallen for two fringe, refuted heresies: MAD and KJVO. You display a sectarian mentality that is impervious to sound thinking and evidence and mock those who actually are honouring God and His Word.

heir

TOL Subscriber
KJVO and MAD are prolific in neg repping people who expose their errors.

Where can we find it?

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Where can we find it?

I have heard KJVO use this lame argument all over the place. We are in the same boat. The original autographs had a level of inspiration not found in subsequent translations. This is clearly what the evidence shows. Your myth does not give confidence, but takes away from God's chosen way of preserving His Word. KJVO causes us to lose great credibility and should be rejected (as it is by the vast majority of Christians in history and globally).

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have heard KJVO use this lame argument all over the place. We are in the same boat. The original autographs had a level of inspiration not found in subsequent translations. This is clearly what the evidence shows. Your myth does not give confidence, but takes away from God's chosen way of preserving His Word. KJVO causes us to lose great credibility and should be rejected (as it is by the vast majority of Christians in history and globally).
You did not answer the questions! Try again! You've been quoted saying,

Where can we find it?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I did answer the question based on an evidence based, biblical, balanced view. Your view relies on the logical fallacy of begging the question and ignores evidence against it.

KJV alone=Word of God alone. Your wrong assumption leads to wrong conclusions and you simply assume what you try to prove. We are in the same boat, but only I realize it (you are blind by a myth accepted without critical thinking, just like MAD....only worse...there is more possible merit to MAD than KJVO).