Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

PureX

beanieboy said:
I don't think anyone who actually thinks of Enyart as the spokesman for God will admit it.
But when you see people parroting what he has written, using all of his phrases (Nicer than God, Hate the Sinner, etc.), and rarely questioning him, it's kind of like worship - the way people go gaga when a celebrity walks by. They are only human, but for some reason, people get excited and scream, because there is something almost godlike (small g) about them.
Lots of people who listen to Rush call themselves "ditto heads," or in other words, agree with almost everything Rush says, and then start using phrases like feminazi.

Celebrities have a lot of power.
I don't see this same kind of wannabe-ism with Billy Graham, or Pat Buchanon.

One can quote Nicer than God, and no matter how much you point out the way his bible verses are used, they believe him with blind faith.

But would anyone ever admit that? Probably not.
And not a battle I really care to choose.

I'm happy shutting up about it, but if you started a thread about it, I think there must be something about what I said that is bothering you, because it may ring true that people have a celebrity awe of the man, and look to him to explain the Bible, instead of looking to God.

Just my humble opinion.
That's a very reasonable comment.

Why do you think that this does not happen with someone like Billy Graham, though? Or does it?

SUTG

I agree that there are alot of posters on this site that spend alot of time fawning over Bob Enyart. But I don't think it is too much different than anyone else having a role model or someone they look up to and agree with. Of course, I have noticed a few exceptions.

I don't know much about Bob yet, since I am new here, but he seems like an interesting guy. I've read the Zakath debate -att least he is a bit well-read and can usually express himself pretty well (as can Zakath) . What are his most controversial views?

OFF TOPIC:

I cam across this funny quote by Enyart:

Heterosexuals don't make the distinction between "bisexuals" and "homosexuals."

Is it me, or is Bob making a distinction between "bisexuals" and "homosexuals" in that very sentence? This seems to suggest that he is something other than heterosexual. :idea:

Mateo

SUTG said:
I agree that there are alot of posters on this site that spend alot of time fawning over Bob Enyart. But I don't think it is too much different than anyone else having a role model or someone they look up to and agree with. Of course, I have noticed a few exceptions.

I don't know much about Bob yet, since I am new here, but he seems like an interesting guy. I've read the Zakath debate -att least he is a bit well-read and can usually express himself pretty well (as can Zakath) . What are his most controversial views?

OFF TOPIC:

I cam across this funny quote by Enyart:

Heterosexuals don't make the distinction between "bisexuals" and "homosexuals."

Is it me, or is Bob making a distinction between "bisexuals" and "homosexuals" in that very sentence? This seems to suggest that he is something other than heterosexual. :idea:

:darwinsm:

:think:

It has long been my contention that there is no such thing as a homosexual. Those so labeled will accomodate themselves with the opposite sex rather than suffer celibacy.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
I don't think anyone who actually thinks of Enyart as the spokesman for God will admit it.
But when you see people parroting what he has written, using all of his phrases (Nicer than God, Hate the Sinner, etc.), and rarely questioning him, it's kind of like worship - the way people go gaga when a celebrity walks by. They are only human, but for some reason, people get excited and scream, because there is something almost godlike (small g) about them.
Lots of people who listen to Rush call themselves "ditto heads," or in other words, agree with almost everything Rush says, and then start using phrases like feminazi.

One can quote Nicer than God, and no matter how much you point out the way his bible verses are used, they believe him with blind faith.

I'm happy shutting up about it, but if you started a thread about it, I think there must be something about what I said that is bothering you, because it may ring true that people have a celebrity awe of the man, and look to him to explain the Bible, instead of looking to God.

Just my humble opinion.
Well said. I think this was a very good and kind way to say what I was trying to say months ago. He's just a man.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
Well said. I think this was a very good and kind way to say what I was trying to say months ago. He's just a man.

Beanie and Edge,

Listen you two, I think you guys have a problem with someone (anyone) who gives respect to someone. Bob Enyart is a RESPECTED biblical teacher. Is he God? No! I am growing tired of listening to you two whine and say we worship the man. I respect the man as a teacher of the Word and his love for Christ is unquestioned. If you disagree with him, be a man or men and call his show at 18008ENYART or post your nonsense disagreements here. You have yet to demonstrate any sort of arguments against him or his followers as you say they (we) are..

Mateo

drbrumley said:
Beanie and Edge,

Listen you two, I think you guys have a problem with someone (anyone) who gives respect to someone. Bob Enyart is a RESPECTED biblical teacher. Is he God? No! I am growing tired of listening to you two whine and say we worship the man. I respect the man as a teacher of the Word and his love for Christ is unquestioned. If you disagree with him, be a man or men and call his show at 18008ENYART or post your nonsense disagreements here. You have yet to demonstrate any sort of arguments against him or his followers as you say they (we) are..

He, he ,he, yeah, right "be a man" and go play on his court. How about he come play on this one? I mean, it's already moderated to suit him... and he still won't come here and post without guarranty of a copywrite? Give me a break....

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
When I met Bob, he was just the host of a controversial local TV show :singer: My husband called him and asked advice on finding a church. He said, “Find one where the people bring their Bibles to church.” Sounds easier than it is! We went to several local churches, but rarely saw any Bibles. In addition, we were often disappointed in the messages being preached. (One pastor, who held two services every Sunday actually started crying and pleading that we needed to reach out to the homosexual community. What an act! :dead: ) Finally, we asked Bob where he went to church. He told us he went to Derby Bible church whose pastor was Bob Hill. That was about 9 years ago.

We attended Derby Bible Church and Derby School of Theology for about 4 years. It was during this time that Knight started TOL. It was great and we learned a lot, but it was 30 miles away :zoomin: . We really needed something closer to home. In late 1999, we persuaded Bob to start a new church on the other side of the city. With permission from Bob Hill, we started Denver Bible Church. Our first service was held in January of 2000.

DBC is not a large church, but it’s growing. One of the greatest things about it is the lively debate and discussion that goes on between members. We challenge Bob; Bob challenges us. It’s fun, it’s educational, and it’s uplifting. We’ve developed a great fellowship at our little church :guitar: ! (Yes, we did promise him our firstborn son, but that’s beside the point! That’s not too much to ask, is it?)

Anyway, that's the story behind how some of us came to worship Bob. Hello out there fellow Enyarites! :wave:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
No kidding he's just a man.:duh:

No one sees him as anything else, moron.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Mateo said:
He, he ,he, yeah, right "be a man" and go play on his court. How about he come play on this one? I mean, it's already moderated to suit him... and he still won't come here and post without guarranty of a copywrite? Give me a break....
Thus speaketh Mateo.:rolleyes:

Here, Mateo, have a clue: Bob Enyart posts on TOL quite a bit. He is a moderator here. And the only agreement he had for BRVII was that he have the right to publish and sell it. And his agreement included that Zakath have the same right. And, of course, the owners of TOL also have the same right, but that's because they own TOL. They would have had that right, regardless.

Bob has not asked to reserve that right for his other posts. So don't be a tool, Mateo.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Becky said:
Yes, we did promise him our firstborn son, but that’s beside the point! That’s not too much to ask, is it?

:crackup:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Wow, Dr. Brumley,

Hey I respect the guy for his knowledge and abilities too. I couldn't host a controversial radio show without falling apart. Isn't a guy allowed to disagree slightly? That is not whining. That is America. I respect the man for what he is.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Wow, Dr. Brumley,

Hey I respect the guy for his knowledge and abilities too. I couldn't host a controversial radio show without falling apart. Isn't a guy allowed to disagree slightly? That is not whining. That is America. I respect the man for what he is.
Everyone disagrees, at least slightly. You disagree more than slightly, so don't lie by implying you only disagree slightly.

Now, I used to disagree vehemently with Bob. Until I found out that I was disagreeing with a lie. He does not believe, or behave as I thought he did. I was wrong.And when I learned his actual view, and saw the Scripture he based it on, and realized there wasn't any Scripture to contradict the things he said, in most cases, I stopped arguing against him.

There are still some things I may not agree on, but none of them are controversial. And definitely not worth vehemently opposing.

PureX

I think the use of the word "worship" puts the opening comment of this thread over the top. I really don't think anyone "worships" Bob Enyart. I think he's more like the pope to some people. The pope believes that he's God's spokesman, here on Earth, and devout Catholics treat him as such. I think it's the same with Bob. Bob believes that he's God's spokesman here on Earth, and his followers believe it, too, so they treat him as if he is. It's not "worship", exactly, but there is an element of idolization. And of course I believe it's false idolization because I don't believe that Bob is God's spokesman at all. But his followers do.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:

Just my humble opinion.
Are you never guilty of "parroting" the words of people you respect? Some times when people say things in an articulate way, that sums up how I feel about an issue, it bears repeating!

PureX

Mateo said:
Enyartian eloquence ever abounds...
Yeah, I suspect that one of the reasons they like Bob's show so much is that they really admire his ability to insult and humiliate people who call in to his show and dare to disagree with him. Obviously, they don't possess that dubious skill, but would like to. There is a definite admiration of nastiness that runs through this whole Enyartian phenomena.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
I think the use of the word "worship" puts the opening comment of this thread over the top. I really don't think anyone "worships" Bob Enyart. I think he's more like the pope to some people. The pope believes that he's God's spokesman, here on Earth, and devout Catholics treat him as such. I think it's the same with Bob. Bob believes that he's God's spokesman here on Earth, and his followers believe it, too, so they treat him as if he is. It's not "worship", exactly, but there is an element of idolization. And of course I believe it's false idolization because I don't believe that Bob is God's spokesman at all. But his followers do.
Yes I do believe Bob is God's spokesman! I also believe Lighthouse is God's spokesman! I'm God's spokesman too! Then there's Tubo, Clete, Poly, 1way, Crow, Sibbie,
philosophizer, cattyfan, Shimei, God_Is_Truth, DRBrumley , Jefferson, Knight, There are lots of others! Any one want to name some more?