Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

PureX

Well, I can certainly attest to the fact that not all TOL members "worship" Bob Dobbs ... I mean Enyart. *smile* If I were to make any statements about what I think of his dogma ... doctrine, I'd most likely be banned for life.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ShadowMaid said:
I don't worship him, and DBC is what I consider my church for a number of reasons; one of them is because they hold the same theological views on the major issues as I do. And another because the fellowship is absolutely fantastic there. I have many many friends in the DBC congregation.

As my pastor, I do, of course, value his understanding and teaching of the Bible. I ask for his opinions when there's a question that doesn't make much sense. Most people look up to their pastors.
Ditto. :up:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
Well, I can certainly attest to the fact that not all TOL members "worship" Bob Dobbs ... I mean Enyart. *smile* If I were to make any statements about what I think of his dogma ... doctrine, I'd most likely be banned for life.
It's not exactly a mystery that you two disagree on just about everything.

People aren't banned for stating that they disagree with Enyart or anyone else for that matter. :rolleyes:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
PureX said:
Well, I can certainly attest to the fact that not all TOL members "worship" Bob Dobbs ... I mean Enyart. *smile*
:dizzy:
If I were to make any statements about what I think of his dogma ... doctrine, I'd most likely be banned for life.
:troll:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Is Bob Enyart a premill dispensationalist or is he amillenial? Is he Reformed? Calvinist? Does he believe in Speaking in Tongues? Just curious...

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
Yes, an Acts 9 dispensationalist to be specific. No.No. He's an Open Theist, which is as far from Calvinism as one can get.
For believers today? No.
Can you briefly summarize what an Acts 9 dispensationalist is? And what's open theism, briefly summarized, if you don't mind.

Thanks, Turbo.

wholearmor

The Edge said:
How many here go to Enyart's church? Just curious.

Let's see, on a Sunday it would only take me 50 to 60 minutes to drive there but I haven't visited yet. I plan to, though, Lord willing.

SUTG

deardelmar said:
I would like for beanieboy to try to produce evidence that there is 1 single person agrees with every word that flows from the mouth of pastor Bob. If you think it is true prove it!
Put up or shut up.

He never said that people agree with everything that Bob says, he only said that they worship him like Jesus. Most Christians don't agree with everything Jesus said, and most Christians don't even agree as to what Jesus said.

JoyfulRook

wholearmor said:
Let's see, on a Sunday it would only take me 50 to 60 minutes to drive there but I haven't visited yet. I plan to, though, Lord willing.
You should come out some time! We'd love to see you!

beanieboy

SUTG said:
He never said that people agree with everything that Bob says, he only said that they worship him like Jesus. Most Christians don't agree with everything Jesus said, and most Christians don't even agree as to what Jesus said.

I don't think anyone who actually thinks of Enyart as the spokesman for God will admit it.
But when you see people parroting what he has written, using all of his phrases (Nicer than God, Hate the Sinner, etc.), and rarely questioning him, it's kind of like worship - the way people go gaga when a celebrity walks by. They are only human, but for some reason, people get excited and scream, because there is something almost godlike (small g) about them.
Lots of people who listen to Rush call themselves "ditto heads," or in other words, agree with almost everything Rush says, and then start using phrases like feminazi.

Celebrities have a lot of power.
I don't see this same kind of wannabe-ism with Billy Graham, or Pat Buchanon.

One can quote Nicer than God, and no matter how much you point out the way his bible verses are used, they believe him with blind faith.

But would anyone ever admit that? Probably not.
And not a battle I really care to choose.

I'm happy shutting up about it, but if you started a thread about it, I think there must be something about what I said that is bothering you, because it may ring true that people have a celebrity awe of the man, and look to him to explain the Bible, instead of looking to God.

Just my humble opinion.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I don't think anyone who actually thinks of Enyart as the spokesman for God will admit it.

But when you see people parroting what he has written, using all of his phrases (Nicer than God, Hate the Sinner, etc.), and rarely questioning him, it's kind of like worship - the way people go gaga when a celebrity walks by. They are only human, but for some reason, people get excited and scream, because there is something almost godlike (small g) about them.
But I doubt any position that one would agree with Bob about is believed by blind faith. Can you name the positions that the people you might call an "Enyartite" believe on blind faith? or do they have evidence apart from Bob that shows the position to be correct?

Would you feel better if those that you might call an "Enyartite" would list the things they disagree with Bob about? because we certainly wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable.