• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elohiym

I just want you to be free from sin. Can't you see that?

1 Cor 6:9-11 has meaning. Those people will not inherit the kingdom of God. Satan wants you to think that you still do those things and that in spite of it you will still inherit the kingdom. He's saying "Ye shall not surely die."

If you believe that you still sin, after everything Jesus did to free you from sin, it could simply be that you are believing the devil's lie. If God gave you a new heart, and if you were converted, can't you acknowledge the power of the act to bridle you flesh and keep you from those acts which require an unbridled flesh and unconverted heart to commit?

Please, think about it. Think hard. This is life from death.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe salvation can be lost
That's true.

Instead you believe that if a person slips up, salvation "never was". Which means a person can only truly know that they are saved if they endure until the end.

That's works, not grace.

elohiym

Why does it have to be exchanged if you are already completely experientally righteous as you are?
My flesh is not righteous, only the spirit that God gave me. It's His spirit, so it is absolutely righteous and perfect. My body is wretched and dead. I would like an eternal body to go with the eternal spirit that God gave me, and having that eternal body will allow me to experience individuality in the Kingdom.

If your past sins are forgiven, and you never sin now,
you should live forever as you are.
My spirit will live forever, as it is, because it is God's Holy Spirit. The scriptures tell us that we will get a new body, too.

elected4ever

Is a Christian allowed to sin? Yes or no.

If a Christian is not allowed to sin, what is the biblical consequence for doing willfully what is not allowed?
God did not allow Adam to sin but Adam did anyway. Sin is the opposition to God. You seem to think that because a man misses the mark that God allowed it. If man misses the mark then rest assured that he will be found out. Not by God because God already knowes but by man, time and cercumstance. The evil that a man does will be visited upon him. That is what I call God's decree of justice. It is visited upon the saved and unsaved alike and the flesh nature of man will not excape it. Not even you.

You will die Elohiym. Do you know why? Here is why. Because our bodies are formed in iniquity and our conception was in a sinful state of existence. We come fort from the womb speaking lies.

The law was given not for the purpose of salvation but to expose the weakness of the flesh so that our sinful condition would be apparent to us and that we as poor beggars would seek the mercies of the Living God. When the sin that exist in our mortal bodies matures it brings forth our physical death. How shall any man escape the hand of the Living God?

It is preposterous to say that we do not sin in the flesh. If that were true then our bodies would exist in the life of God and never die. As it is or sins are covered by the blood of Jesus and God does not see them but views us as that new creation the He has birthed within us called the Holy Spirit which is of His Divine Holy Spirit. And that Spirit that is born of God cries unto the Holy Spirit of God crying, " ABBA Father".

Oh death where is your sting.? Oh death where is your victory because we KNOW that one day we will be like Jesus in a new body unencumbered by sin and distress for we shell see Jesus as He is. All who have this hope purifies himself.

elohiym

That's true.
Then your argument is moot, yet you continue, and continue to ignore the hard questions above. :think:
Instead you believe that salvation "never was" if a person slips up.
The term "slips up" implies something that is not true in my paradigm. If it never was, then one can't slip up, only eventually get it. Once you get it you are in a no lose situation. You can't slip up.
Which means a person can only truly know that they are saved if they endure until the end.
I know that I am saved, and can't slip up. It's not based on any effort on my part, just that God made this so simple even an idiot can get it. :D

elohiym

The evil that a man does will be visited upon him. That is what I call God's decree of justice. It is visited upon the saved and unsaved alike and the flesh nature of man will not excape it. Not even you.
That is why my flesh is dead to God. I couldn't escape it. Praise God!

I do take exception with your statement in the sense that Enoch did not die, but was translated. So was Elijah.
You will die Elohiym.
My flesh is already dead, E4E. It's not "will" but "has." Whether I will give up the Ghost from this body of mine has yet to be seen. Many will not see death, but will be translated at the time of the resurrection. Some call that the rapture.
It is preposterous to say that we do not sin in the flesh.
I don't say that. All we do in the flesh is sin! However, sin was defined by the Mosaic law, and that law was taken out of the way, so those acts are no longer sins. The ten commandments were kept in the ark separate from the law of Moses. The ark represented the heart of Christ, and that law was written in our hearts. We were given the capacity to love in Christ, and love fulfills that law--it never breaks it.

We simply cannot sin. It is impossible. The flesh is the same and sinful, but we are spiritual not carnal.

elohiym

You are fool, an idiot, and a moron beyond compare.
I realize it is easier for you to call me those things than to address 1 Cor 6:9-11 or answer the hard questions I put to you.

You have lost the debate, and have left some of us wondering if you still steal, murder or commit adultery.

I guess this thread backfired on you, Knight.

elohiym

I know that I am saved, and can't slip up.

You are fool, an idiot, and a moron beyond compare.

I am saved...

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I can't slip up...

1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

If that makes me a fool, an idiot, and a moron beyond compare, what does that make you? :think:

elected4ever

That is why my flesh is dead to God. I couldn't escape it. Praise God!

I do take exception with your statement in the sense that Enoch did not die, but was translated. So was Elijah.
My flesh is already dead, E4E. It's not "will" but "has." Whether I will give up the Ghost from this body of mine has yet to be seen. Many will not see death, but will be translated at the time of the resurrection. Some call that the rapture.
I don't say that. All we do in the flesh is sin! However, sin was defined by the Mosaic law, and that law was taken out of the way, so those acts are no longer sins. The ten commandments were kept in the ark separate from the law of Moses. The ark represented the heart of Christ, and that law was written in our hearts. We were given the capacity to love in Christ, and love fulfills that law--it never breaks it.

We simply cannot sin. It is impossible. The flesh is the same and sinful, but we are spiritual not carnal.
Yes we shall be translated when Jesus comes and we may not taste death. In any case this body will not inherit the kingdom.

Some things you just have to explain because the way you say something may make you look foolish and a little loony. I been there done that and the truth suffers for it. You become an uncreditable witness to the person you are speaking to. If they do not understand our speech then how can we convey the truth?

elohiym

Some things you just have to explain because the way you say something may make you look foolish and a little loony. I been there done that and the truth suffers for it. You become an uncreditable witness to the person you are speaking to. If they do not understand our speech then how can we convey the truth?
I though we agree that our flesh isn't perfect. Are you expecting my human ability to communicate to be perfect, and perfect for every audience? :D

Even Jesus couldn't get through to a multitude of people.

elohiym

I've enjoyed this thread (sort of), but now I must be moving on. See ya when I see folks! :wave2:

PKevman

I reject freewill, not choice. Choice does not necessarily imply freewill. We all have/had a choice to be carnal minded, walking in the flesh, or to be spiritually minded, walking in the spirit. What you posted doesn't effect my argument or position at all. What Paul is saying to them is essentially what E4E, Mystery, and myself have been saying to you, Knight, and the others in your camp.

The term "freewill" is actually redundant anyway, and is meaningless in this discussion. There is just will or no will. Either man his own will or he doesn't have his own will. Non-Christians have a will. They can CHOOSE to accept God's provision of salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ, or they can CHOOSE to reject God's provision of salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ, die in their sins, and spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Christians who are saved and been redeemed have a choice. They can choose to LET sin reign in their mortal bodies and obey it in its lusts, or they can choose NOT to LET sin reign in their mortal bodies and obey in its lust.

I noticed that in essence you dodged my question completely and shifted the discussion to the fact that you don't agree with freewill but you believe men have a choice. This was NOT the point I was driving at, so let me rephrase it:

Do Christians (people who are saved and know the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior) have the capability to NOT obey the will of God in their lives?

elected4ever

I though we agree that our flesh isn't perfect. Are you expecting my human ability to communicate to be perfect, and perfect for every audience? :D

Even Jesus couldn't get through to a multitude of people.
I do believe that but they have no concept of what I am saying. If they do then 99% of the time it is crouched in different verbiage. You have to come to where they are first and start connecting the dots from there. You may find out that they actually agree but didn't know it. For example you sound like the body does not exist when in fact it does though it is dead to God. Being dead to god does not mean non- existence.

elected4ever

Do Christians (people who are saved and know the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior) have the capability to NOT obey the will of God in their lives?
Debends on which life you are talking about. The life that is framed in death, the physical person? Yes that is its nature.

The life born of god and is righteous as god is righteous? No

Sense we are the later and not the former then the answer is :drum: ------ no. You are of the Spirit aren't you PK?

elohiym

Time to run away.
No. I have spent hours on this thread, and have contributed constructively for 32 pages. Just because you suddenly feel like making an argument you think is good doesn't mean that I have to abandon my responsibilities as a father and husband to answer you. As I recall, it was you that ran away yesterday from this thread to avoid answering a post you still have not responded to.

Tell you what: let's see how long it takes you to run away from this thread.

The last question you asked me was answered by E4E. I agree with his answer, "no." Address his response if you have a point to make.

Now, you answer my questions, or run away...

1. Do you commit adultery?

2. Will you commit adultery in the future?

3. Are you capable of committing adultery now?

4. If you are capable of committing adultery, explain why.

5. If you are not capable of committing adultery, explain why.

6. If you do commit adultery, will you inherit the Kingdom of God? 1 Cor 6:9-11

I'll be waiting for you to reply, PK. Make sure your wife reads your response.