ECT Is Christ divided?

john w

Hall of Fame
Correct.
Correct also. I'm not talking about "the church in the wilderness" nor about "the church" mentioned in the deuterocanonical books of the Old Testament, but about our Lord's one Church that He built upon Peter. She is a ship. The new Ark.

All aboard.

What a mess....Father, should I give him a shovel? Must I?

"The Church is our Lord's one Church, not "the church" as found in the Greek Old Testament."

The church, which is his body, is not that future church the Lord Jesus Christ referenced.

Another thread.

john w

Hall of Fame
"There is no such thing as "the Greek"-you made that up. "-saint John W

I made what up? The Greek Old Testament? No.

Yes, you did. There are perhap 60 Greek ms.

You just read that "the Greek" jazz, on another website, and you thought you'd look "cool," and all, impressing others with this "the Greek" jazz.

Did you get a rush?

Jamie Gigliotti

Trying to steer to you to Paul, who has the message for you today, and the inheritance available for you today.

I embrace Paul's words just as I do all of the New Testament.

I don't disavow grace. I am moved by it. Without it there is nothing but darkness for us all. Without Him, His light, His love, His forgiveness, His Spirit, there is nothing but darkness.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
"There is no such thing as "the Greek"-you made that up. "-saint John W

Yes, you did. There are perhap 60 Greek ms.
The Greek Old Testament, the seven deuterocanonical books found in Christian Bibles for centuries before Protestants decided they weren't supposed to be there. I didn't make that up.

Jamie Gigliotti

Well, "for the life of me"(whatever that stumper means-it's a mite curious), you kids, who do not rightly divide the word of truth, beat everything-you know that? Accordingly, let's forget the "Patty Cake, Patty Cake" jazz, and "cut to the chase," so to speak, as we are all busy men, and women. It's time for my annual vent, that I'm seeming having to repeat more often, to clear the fog on this "dividing" jazz.......

The Holy Bible refers to "the church of the living God" as "the pillar and ground of the truth"(1 Timothy 3:15 KJV). "...thy word is truth."(John 17:17 KJV)

So, if anyone where to split, divide, a "church", just what would be the basis/justification of the split? One half(or whatever) sides with the truth, rightly divided(2 Timothy 2:15 KJV), the other half sides with error, not "sound doctrine", as preached by our apostle Paul(not Peter, not "the 12"), in this "dispensation of the grace of God"(yes, "dispensation" is a scriptural, biblical word, and a good one, at that(1 Cor. 9:17 KJV; Eph. 1:10 KJV, Eph.3:2 KJV; Col. 1:25 KJV). This, like arguing, is to be embraced-it is a good thing. This is one of the harshest "truths", realities, to accept for babes in Christ(1 Cor. 3 KJV), the sheep: the secrecy of so many Christians, when it comes to "whom are you following?"

I say, once again, shine some light in the dark "churches." Expose everybody to the light: Psalms 119:105 KJV(trans-dispensational biblical doctrine). Cockroaches scurry when the light is shone on them.

Split, split, split them up, I say. Split, split, and keep splitting. The Lord Jesus Christ came to split. He was, and is, the great divider: Genesis 1:4 KJV; Matthew 10:34 KJV, Mt.25:32 KJV; Luke 12:51 KJV; John 7:43 KJV, John 9:16 KJV, John 10:19 KJV; Acts 13:2 KJV; Romans 1:1 KJV; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. A sword divides/separates. The cross divides and separates men and women-it does not unify. Dump the refuse, the garbage in the dumpster. Release the secret agent "all of the Holy Bible is written about me, specifically, directed specfically to me, and is for my obedience" back into the ecumenical movement, where they belong. Then, and only then, can we truly be said to be in "the body, the church"(Col. 1:18 KJV, Col. 1:24 KJV; Eph. 5:23 KJV), worshiping the LORD God of truth(John 4:24 KJV), and separating the wheat from the chaff(Mt. 3:12 KJV, Luke 3:17 KJV), from within the true church, in this dispensation, and ending "divisions"( Romans 16:17 KJV; 1 Cor. 1:10 KJV, 1 Cor 3:3 KJV, 1 Cor. 11:18 KJV). Let every "church" you join toss you out for being a "divisive, mean spirited, 'un-Christian', intolerant....." "MAD wacko", "modern" "dispie," as their doctrine is new, has never been taught by the "historic" "the church," and all that jazz......who needs to be drugged up, and properly schooled, albeit in a "sweet Christian manner", into obedience of the "church statement of faith." You wouldn't be splitting any churches, because they are not churches. They are "Rodney Kings", "Oprah Winfrey's"-"Can't we all get along's", as they nod their heads in agreement, as passive drones, who will be spoon fed by their 'church' leaders," mutual admiration clubs, religious drain clogs/toilets, flushing Christians' knowledge, and thus acceptance, of the "dispensation of the gospel", "the dispensation of the grace of God", "the dispensation of God", committed to the apostle Paul(1 Cor. 9:17KJV. Eph. 3:2 KJV, Col. 1:25 KJV),"the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV), and thus, their apostle, down the proverbial toilet.

"Soap Box" time: When we have spoken up on these boards, re. the absolute necessity of rightly dividing this word of truth, "Christians" get angry at us. They, obviously being more "spiritual" than us, don't like us. We are "tied to satan...the occult," "gnosticism," they spam/cry. We are "mean spirited...judgmental..intolerant," they wine. I say, please like us(sarcasm is a biblical principle). I want people to like us(vs. Proverbs 29:25 KJV; Mt. 6:2 KJV, Mt. 6:5 KJV; John 5:44 KJV, John 12:43 KJV ; Acts 5:29 KJV; Galatians 1:10 KJV; Eph. 6:6 KJV; Colossians 3:22 KJV; 1 Thel. 2:4 KJV). We will be a good boys, this time, and not be "divisive." If "sound doctrine"(1 Timothy 1:10 KJV; 2 Timothy 4:2-3 KJV; Titus 1:9 KJV, Titus 2:10 KJV), is not important, we plead "guilty as charged."

"But thou hast fully known my doctrine(my note-Paul's doctrine for the body of Christ-Romans-Philemon), manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience..." 2 Tim. 3:10 KJV

Truth, by its nature, is divisive, and the word of truth, rightly divided, more so. Division is what the Lord Jesus Christ brought to the “ecumenical tupperware party.” And that is what we should bring. I love respective members of the body of Christ, "Christians," and that is why I give them the truth, and the word of truth, rightly divided, and then encourage them to survey the Holy Bible, and figure it out for themselves-Acts 17:2 KJV, 11; 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. However, if you love someone, you tell them the truth, sound doctrine, as scripture reveals it rightly divided, whether they want to hear it or not. Truth must not be sacrificed(compromised) at the altar of today's so-called enlightened, non-judgmental, "tolerant" culture. The apostle Paul perhaps best summed it up when he asked the poignant question:

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16 KJV

The LORD God never sacrifices truth for peace, sound doctrine for compromise.

Spilt, split, split………..Keep on splitting, I say.....

"And to make ALL MEN SEE(emphasis mine) what is the fellowship of the mystery…" Eph. 3:9
_______
Vegas has it at 2/1 that I will be accused of "bible chopping/splitting...cherry picking...," and, of course, the "Don't you believe the bible/God/'Jesus'/Paul/ Peter?" puzzler, that leaves us scratchin' our noggins.

Side bar, LORD God...Take it away, Lord Jesus Christ...

Carry on with your bible blenders, kiddies...
""And from HIS FULLNESS WE HAVE ALL RECEIVED GRACE UPON GRACE." John 1:16

Undoubtedly Grace is not in question. The question is what is the nature of His grace.
Who needs His forgiveness? Everyone. Who needs the Cross? Everyone. Who needs Him? Everyone. Who needs His love? Everyone. Who needs His Spirit? Everyone.

All those who find Him and His grace and are full of Him will find His Kingdom by grace.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Greek Old Testament, the seven deuterocanonical books found in Christian Bibles for centuries before Protestants decided they weren't supposed to be there. I didn't make that up.

Yes, you did. There is no such thing as "the Greek"-you made that up. There are perhaps 60, or so, Greek ms. You just reads this "the Greek" on another site, thought it would make you look "groovy," cool, impressive, on this site, and others would respect you, so you spammed it.

Did you enjoy the "rush?"

I've seen it before, fraud. You have no clue, as to this "the" Greek." There is no such thing, so, fold, before I embarrass you further. Being a former negotiator, I am giving you the option to "save face," bow put, gracefully. Take it.

john w

Hall of Fame
""And from HIS FULLNESS WE HAVE ALL RECEIVED GRACE UPON GRACE." John 1:16

Undoubtedly Grace is not in question. The question is what is the nature of His grace.
Who needs His forgiveness? Everyone. Who needs the Cross? Everyone. Who needs Him? Everyone. Who needs His love? Everyone. Who needs His Spirit? Everyone.

All those who find Him and His grace and are full of Him will find His Kingdom by grace.

Translated: I, JG, will just post a quite irrelevant, disjointed, oh so "spiritual" "reply"(loosely employed here), to the great saint John W's brilliant post, that has NADA to do with anything, in hopes the TOL audience is as bored as I am, having nothing to add to his brilliance, in hopes no one will notice.

Thanks for checkin' in.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yes, you did. There is no such thing as "the Greek"-you made that up. There are perhaps 60, or so, Greek ms. You just reads this "the Greek" on another site, thought it would make you look "groovy," cool, impressive, on this site, and others would respect you, so you spammed it.

Did you enjoy the "rush?"
So have you seen them, have you counted them yourself, that you know there are "perhaps 60," or did you make that up? Or did you "just reads this on another site?"
I've seen it before
Me too.

, fraud. You have no clue, as to this "the" Greek." There is no such thing, so, fold, before I embarrass you further. Being a former negotiator, I am giving you the option to "save face," bow put, gracefully. Take it.[/QUOTE]

Jamie Gigliotti

Translated: I, JG, will just post a quite irrelevant, disjointed, oh so "spiritual" "reply"(loosely employed here), to the great saint John W's brilliant post, that has NADA to do with anything, in hopes the TOL audience is as bored as I am, having nothing to add to his brilliance, in hopes no one will notice.

Thanks for checkin' in.
Nice punt. Proclaiming your greatness may not help your arguments.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Billy Joel: "Did you say a prayer for me, when you're praying on your rosary?"
"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

"Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death."

"Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

SaulToPaul 2

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

"Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death."

"Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

Only the Good Die Young is not one of my favorites by Billy.