Is Calvinism Wrong?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I read some of it, however, at the cost of losing all good feelings you may have for 'Old GM' I'll ask you the following question; Do you condone the habit of attacking fellow 'Grace Believers?' Do you believe that's a good strategy? Be honest, don't spare my feelings, either way.
If a believer is being a fool, then he needs to be called a fool, with the hope that he'll realize he's being a fool, and stop.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So, are you advocating the use of name-calling and making false accusations about other believers? Do you believe that's a reasonable standard to go by?

Name calling is fine so long as its for good cause. That, of course, precludes false accusations.

Saved Christians can be really stupid and foolishly stubborn and respect that means anything is earned.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If a believer is being a fool, then he needs to be called a fool, with the hope that he'll realize he's being a fool, and stop.

The important premise being "IF a believer IS being a fool"

That is an issue that is somewhat a matter of opinion, but the point is that we are not condoning frivolous insults that are born out of someone just wanting to be a jerk for no reason.

Robert Pate

Banned
In truth, JW doesn't like to be disagreed with and will viciously attack ANYBODY who dares to do so.

JW does not exhibit a Christian Spirit, which makes me think that he has never been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.

Everyone is of infinite value to God, simply because Jesus has shed his blood for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. Calling people names and belittling them shows immaturity and arrogance. It is not of the Holy Spirit and is a poor witness for Christ and his Gospel.

We are always called to do what is right, regardless of what others say or do to us. Jesus prayed for those that were nailing him to the cross. This is the Spirit of Christianity, not that we could ever do that. Regardless, we are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. A good witness does not belittle people by calling them names.

The moderators that allow name calling are just as guilty as JW for allowing it. Most Christian Forums do not allow it, why this one does is a mystery.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
John W attacked me (in this very thread) calling me 'Senile/having Dementia.' Did he have a good reason to believe it was TRUE? If not, then why say such a disparaging thing? JW also made the same accusation about Pate.

Look, if john is a jerk then he's a jerk. Juat call him out for being a jerk, not for calling people names (per se). Robert was in effect insulting john because he thinks it's wrong for john to be insulting, a clearly hypocritical and totally fruitless thing to do.

One final point, saying someone is senile or has dementia is a figure of speech. He would have been insulting your ability to think, not making a medical comment. That's not to excuse the insult but only to address the issue of "false accusations". If what you said to prompt such a comment was cojent and articulate as your posts ususally are, then it would have been false for that reason, not because you don't have a decease.

In this particular scenario, how was I being stupid and stubborn?

You weren't so far as I know. How did this become about you? I was commenting on Pate's belly aching hypocricy. I didn't know you were even involved.

Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
Look, if john is a jerk then he's a jerk. Juat call him out for being a jerk, not for calling people names (per se). Robert was in effect insulting john because he thinks it's wrong for john to be insulting, a clearly hypocritical and totally fruitless thing to do.

One final point, saying someone is senile or has dementia is a figure of speech. He would have been insulting your ability to think, not making a medical comment. That's not to excuse the insult but only to address the issue of "false accusations". If what you said to prompt such a comment was cojent and articulate as your posts ususally are, then it would have been false for that reason, not because you don't have a decease.

You weren't so far as I know. How did this become about you? I was commenting on Pate's belly aching hypocricy. I didn't know you were even involved.

Clete

You and John W have the same Spirit. The Spirit that you have is not of God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
JW does not exhibit a Christian Spirit, which makes me think that he has never been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.
Not for you to judge, for one thing, a completely fruiless waste of time commentary, for another, and clearly intended as a retaliatory insult to boot.

Everyone is of infinite value to God, simply because Jesus has shed his blood for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. Calling people names and belittling them shows immaturity and arrogance. It is not of the Holy Spirit and is a poor witness for Christ and his Gospel.
So Jesus is not of the Holy Spirit? Is that what you mean?

Sloppy!

What you should say is, "Calling people names and belittling them without cause...."

We are always called to do what is right, regardless of what others say or do to us.
Precisely

Jesus prayed for those that were nailing him to the cross. This is the Spirit of Christianity, not that we could ever do that. Regardless, we are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. A good witness does not belittle people by calling them names.
Jesus did.

The moderators that allow name calling are just as guilty as JW for allowing it. Most Christian Forums do not allow it, why this one does is a mystery.
The moderators are not nicer than God is as almost all Christians are.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
In truth, JW doesn't like to be disagreed with and will viciously attack ANYBODY who dares to do so.

If this is in fact the case, which I have no reason to doubt (I haven't read hardly any of his posts) then he's a jerk who can't rationally defend what he believes and should just be ignored or at worst be called out for being a jerk. Robert is just jumping into the jerk pool with him.