Is Calvinism Wrong?

Right Divider

Body part
Are you John W's brother? What I said to you is according to scripture. Do you believe the Bible?
Make up your flip flopping mind. Is there, or is there NOT, "only one gospel"?

Don't tell us what you PROBABLY meant.... tell us what you MEAN. From your statement earlier, it appears that RP is NOT completely sure what RP means.

You have been saying SO many things that are NOT true. Do you expect us to just look the other way?

We call you out for your falsehoods and convoluted 'story" about what the Bible says. Don't try to make us the bad guys, we're not. We're the ones speaking the truth.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't read every post you write, Robert and you most certainly have NOT admitted to me that there are two gospel until this post.

Now that we have finally taken one tiny and idiotically hard faught step, lets see if we can take the next...

Was anyone ever saved before Paul came along and started preaching his gospel?

Clete

I have answered that before also.

In the Old Testament and while Jesus was here on the earth people were saved and justified by faith. Many believed that Jesus was their savior and believed on him and were saved.

Abraham believed God and was justified by faith, Romans 4:3.

Right Divider

Body part
I have already said that there are two Gospels, The Kingdom Gospel taught by Jesus. the Kingdom Gospel does not save or justify. The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. It also pertains to things of God's Kingdom.

Paul's Gospel is the Gospel that saves and justifies, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God. It is not the same Gospel that Jesus taught.

There is only one Gospel that saves and justifies.
Joh 5:24 KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Was Jesus wrong?

Robert Pate

Banned
Make up your flip flopping mind. Is there, is there NOT, "only one gospel"?

Don't tell us what you PROBABLY meant.... tell us what you MEAN. From your statement earlier, it appears that RP is NOT completely sure what RP means.

You have been saying SO many things that are NOT true. Do you expect us to just look the other way?

We call you out for your falsehoods and convoluted 'story" about what the Bible says. Don't try to make us the bad guys, we're not. We're the one speaking the truth.

Almost everything that I say is backed by scripture. Chances are your problem is not with me, its with God's word.

There is only one Gospel that saves and justifies, this Gospel was taught by Paul.

The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. Many believed on Jesus and were justified by faith, just like Abraham, Romans 4:3.

Robert Pate

Banned
Joh 5:24 KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Was Jesus wrong?

Of course not. Those that heard and believed that Jesus was their savior were justified by faith.

Right Divider

Body part
Almost everything that I say is backed by scripture. Chances are your problem is not with me, its with God's word.

There is only one Gospel that saves and justifies, this Gospel was taught by Paul.

The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. Many believed on Jesus and were justified by faith, just like Abraham, Romans 4:3.
So... according to you... nobody was ever saved before Paul?

Is that what you mean, or is it probably what you mean?

Right Divider

Body part

Was Jesus wrong?

There are many that believe that Jesus is the Christ, but they are not saved. They have never called upon him to save them, Romans 10:13.
What about those that heard His word and believeth on Him that sent Him?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have answered that before also.

In the Old Testament and while Jesus was here on the earth people were saved and justified by faith. Many believed that Jesus was their savior and believed on him and were saved.

Abraham believed God and was justified by faith, Romans 4:3.

James disagrees (sound familiar?)

James 2:14 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

James 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Jesus also disagrees...

Mark 10:17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”

20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”

21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

Robert Pate

Banned
James disagrees (sound familiar?)

James 2:14 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

James 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Jesus also disagrees...

Mark 10:17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”

20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”

21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, of which we are all one of. God only accepts the work and the person of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him, Galatians 3:10.