Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Crow

Agape4Robin said:
Homosexuality is sinful and "evil" because God says so. He's already made the judgement. Not me.

It's my responsibility to tell of the hope that I have in Christ, not damn someone to hell for their behavior.
Robin, people basically damn themselves, and it's not by their behavior. It's because they do not accept Christ as savior.

God has given us the knowledge that engaging in homosexual sex is evil. This is why I am wondering that Dave can discern that promiscuous sex is evil, but cannot discern whether homosexual sex is evil or not.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
SUTG said:
Poll: Is calling Beanieboy a faggot a Christ-like thing to do?

That is a tough one. Since no-one agrees on whether christ existed, who he was, or what he was like, the phrase "christ-like" doesn't seem to have that much meaning.
The only people who question the existence of Jesus are a few wacko atheists who think they can change the world if they run their mouths long enough.
To me, a more interesting question would be to ask how many of those calling Beanieboy names for tolerating homosexuals are Roman Catholic. In light of the recent happenings in the church, these people could use a lesson in consistency.
To imply that, somehow and in some way, the RCs approve of homosexual behavior as a matter of church policy is simply insane.

By the way, Beanieboy sure would like some social approval for homosexual behavior since he happens to be homosexual. Funny how that works.

Carver

The real definition for a faggot is a bundle, either of sticks - for burning - or of pieces of metal for welding. It seems 30 some people think that Jesus would say that Beanieboy is either wooden, or metallic. Me, I think Jesus knows better.

Agape4Robin

Crow said:
Robin, people basically damn themselves, and it's not by their behavior. It's because they do not accept Christ as savior.

God has given us the knowledge that engaging in homosexual sex is evil. This is why I am wondering that Dave can discern that promiscuous sex is evil, but cannot discern whether homosexual sex is evil or not.
Oh...gotcha!!! :thumb:

True.... :1Way:

Crow

Carver said:
The real definition for a faggot is a bundle, either of sticks - for burning - or of pieces of metal for welding. It seems 30 some people think that Jesus would say that Beanieboy is either wooden, or metallic. Me, I think Jesus knows better.
Yup. I'm pretty sure that He understands all connotations of the word.

Ecumenicist

The Edge said:
Dave,

Romans chapter 1 clearly states in the NT that homosexuality is a sin. Plain and simple.

Romans 1:

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

+++ Lusts, promiscuity, Roman orgies. Nothing here about committed
relationships. This is about people inflamed with lust just going at it, not
about people with similar interests getting to know each other and growing
a loving, committed relationship.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 2:

1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

+++ Doink! There it is again!!! I've gossipped and disobeyed my parents,
so I have no right to judge homosexual people for their behavior. Who is
perfect? No one. No one is good enough, no not one...

SUTG

Frank Ernest said:
The only people who question the existence of Jesus are a few wacko atheists who think they can change the world if they run their mouths long enough.
If by "Jesus", you mean Jessus as the Son of God, there are millions that do not believe he existed.

Frank Ernest said:
To imply that, somehow and in some way, the RCs approve of homosexual behavior as a matter of church policy is simply insane.

Looking at it more de facto than de jure there are some tough questions for anti-gay RCs to answer. Do you fall into that group?

Crow

Romans 2:

1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

We can't judge someone if we do the same thing that they do. Paul also tells us to judge correctly. That means that an adulterer cannot judge another adulterer.

Unless you are committing the sin of homosexuality, you can judge it to be good or wicked. That one is pre-judged for us, in fact, by God.

Ecumenicist

Crow said:
Dave, how can you make the statement that a gay lifestyle which includes promiscuous behavior is sinful and evil if you cannot judge?

I've seen the harm done from promiscuous behavior, broken families,
broken hearts. I can recognize hurt. I can do that.

I can also recognize the hurt suffered by gay teens who commit suicide. God
hates 'em, the world hates 'em, they try the "accept Christ, be baptized, get
a miracle" route and that doesn't work. What's left? Nothing, no hope,
and that's the biggest part of what I'm fighting here. Hopelessness, driven
by a vision of an unmerciful, unsympathetic, beast of a god that just isn't true.

Crow

Dave Miller said:
I've seen the harm done from promiscuous behavior, broken families,
broken hearts. I can recognize hurt. I can do that.

I can also recognize the hurt suffered by gay teens who commit suicide. God
hates 'em, the world hates 'em, they try the "accept Christ, be baptized, get
a miracle" route and that doesn't work. What's left? Nothing, no hope,
and that's the biggest part of what I'm fighting here. Hopelessness, driven
by a vision of an unmerciful, unsympathetic, beast of a god that just isn't true.
I can recognize hurts and broken hearts too. But that is not what makes something a sin or not.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Dave Miller said:
Romans 1:

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

+++ Lusts, promiscuity, Roman orgies. Nothing here about committed
relationships. This is about people inflamed with lust just going at it, not
about people with similar interests getting to know each other and growing
a loving, committed relationship.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 2:

1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

+++ Doink! There it is again!!! I've gossipped and disobeyed my parents,
so I have no right to judge homosexual people for their behavior. Who is
perfect? No one. No one is good enough, no not one...

If you expect that focused and common-sense study brought to bear on factual interpretations of Scripture is in the interest of the average church-goer, you have another thing coming....

Hopelessness, driven
That's why I believe the vision of God revealed by Jesus was so much like a lovely Spring rain to some and like a perverted heresy to others....

Ecumenicist

Crow said:
Romans 2:

1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

We can't judge someone if we do the same thing that they do. Paul also tells us to judge correctly. That means that an adulterer cannot judge another adulterer.

Unless you are committing the sin of homosexuality, you can judge it to be good or wicked. That one is pre-judged for us, in fact, by God.

That doesn't even make sense. That's like saying I'm supposed to judge a
parakeet contest even though I know nothing about parakeets.

If I were a homosexual person, yes, I'd be in a better position to understand
what they are going through. But I'm not, so I can't.

And either way, your missing the most important part, its God's KINDNESS,
TOLERANCE, AND PATIENCE that leads to repentence, not vile poisonous
degradations like "God hates fags."

Ecumenicist

Crow said:
I can recognize hurts and broken hearts too. But that is not what makes something a sin or not.

Then what does? The word of God? Like eating shrimp and pork? Like
washing before meals? Like doing nothing on Sabbath, not even helping
a person in need? Like tithing while ignoring your starving parents? Like
going to the temple even though you have an ongoing fight with your
sibling? Like praying "thank God I'm righteous, and not like that fag over
there?"

Carver

Now for a more serious reply. I highly doubt that Jesus would call Beanieboy a 'faggot'. It seems much more likely to me that Jesus would have been more tactful. There are many ways to tell someone that they are living in sin. Using obscene words to do so is certainly one option, but it will probably just offend the person being told, and once you offend someone, they don't often listen to what you're saying. I think Jesus was smart enough to know all that, so, I doubt He would have called Beanie a faggot. Apparently, many of you dissagree.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Now we come to the crucial question: what is the character of your god?

--The stern patriarch of an ancient tribe or the nurturing parent of the human heart?

--The one that counsels to do good to others--even to one's enemies--or the one who will destroy the wicked in a apocalyptic divine "ethnic cleansing"?

--The one who reveals the Kingdom of God to be present in the everyday activities of the poor or the one who reveals the Kingdom of God from a throne of awe-full power--terrible to contemplate and behold?

--The one who turned his attention to the earthly toils and struggles of common men and women or the one who was focused on heaven: how to get there for oneself?

--The one who offers grace or the one who talks about satisfying a set of religious requirements?

--The one who tore down the temple or the one who profits by it?

We have a choice--and thanks be to the Lord that we do!

Crow

Dave Miller said:
That doesn't even make sense. That's like saying I'm supposed to judge a
parakeet contest even though I know nothing about parakeets.

If I were a homosexual person, yes, I'd be in a better position to understand
what they are going through. But I'm not, so I can't.

No, Dave, it makes perfect sense. God does not want us to be hypocritical in our judgements. If we condemn someone who is doing the same things we do, we condemn ourselves.

Also, one who is themselves caught up in a particular form of wickedness cannot clearly recognize the same act in others as evil. A child molester often not see what he is doing as wrong. He often believes that he is doing something loving, and that the child is benefiting from his attentions.

In the same way, someone who is sexually promiscuous does not see that they are harming anyone else, so how can they make a judgement? They have already judged their own behavior to be tolerable, so they will not see others doing the same thing as transgressing.

Crow

Carver said:
Now for a more serious reply. I highly doubt that Jesus would call Beanieboy a 'faggot'. It seems much more likely to me that Jesus would have been more tactful. There are many ways to tell someone that they are living in sin. Using obscene words to do so is certainly one option, but it will probably just offend the person being told, and once you offend someone, they don't often listen to what you're saying. I think Jesus was smart enough to know all that, so, I doubt He would have called Beanie a faggot. Apparently, many of you dissagree.

Jesus was not always harsh. He reserved that quality for those who persistantly ignored His teachings. But when they did so, He did not pull punches. He compared the Pharisees to tombs, white on the outside and rotten on the inside. That's about as unclean as you can get in Jewish culture, and one heck of an insult. He also called people snakes--vipers to be precise.

Emo

Dave Miller said:
When I apply the golden rule, and wonder how I would feel if our roles were reversed, the only reference I have is my relationship with my wife. If someone
told me they hated me and God hated me because of my committed relationship
with my wife,
........then that person would have to be an unbeliever & out-of-their-mind crazy!

• Gen. 2:24
    Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Emo

Crow said:
Romans 2:

:BRAVO:

Crow

Dave Miller said:
Then what does? The word of God? Like eating shrimp and pork? Like
washing before meals? Like doing nothing on Sabbath, not even helping
a person in need? Like tithing while ignoring your starving parents? Like
going to the temple even though you have an ongoing fight with your
sibling? Like praying "thank God I'm righteous, and not like that fag over
there?"
I doubt that many people pray to God and tell Him how righteous they are. If they have come to Christ, they recognize that they are not righteous of their own works, and that they need Him as savior for that very fact.

The dietary laws applied to the dispensation of the Law. As did the hygenic laws. Paul clearly points out that in the dispensation of Grace that sexual immorality is not permissible. That's heterosexual and homosexual immorality. Paul tells us to flee from sexual immorality, don't even eat with a brother who practices it. Hand him over to Satan.