Interpretation

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hard to let go of tradition, the Spirit has none, you relocate to support a historic faith also. The verses speak for themselves about the proper location of the temple built without hands, compared to those built with brick and mortar raised from paper and ink for observational deception.

Another "other" speaks from the darkness of his soul.

Prizebeatz1

No offence intended, but, you seem a wee bit imbecilic. Why do you
think he should pluck his eyeball out? What's your reasoning behind
that conclusion? If you're willing to admit to being a moron, I'll drop
the subject. Is that fair?

You're funny. Well if there is one interpretation then why not? Be honest. It's only because we are scared to pluck out our own eye that we change our minds about it. No one wants to take that part literally yet we are willing to take it literally when Jesus says we have to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Get real.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You're funny. Well if there is one interpretation then why not? Be honest. It's only because we are scared to pluck out our own eye that we change our minds about it. No one wants to take that part literally yet we are willing to take it literally when Jesus says we have to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Get real.

The average person can discern what is in the form of parables and actual truth, please. He says it would be better that we did those things than go to hell, it's a parable, a comparison if you will.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the scriptures are literal then why haven't you plucked your eye out? Those were the very words of Jesus so go ahead and just do it right now. Take a selfie for everyone to see while you're at it.
Did you read my response as to what we mean by "literal"? I think not.

In the example you are trying to plead, Our Lord uses hyperbole--intentional exaggeration to make a point. Our Lord was stating a comparative value, saying that if something in your life is destroying your soul, you should get rid of it, no matter how much it costs.

"Other". Sigh.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I see that you have absolutely no common sense nor discernment. I
sincerely hope that you'll be able to swim your way out of the illogical
maelstrom you've created in your own mind? If not, you'll always have
your rather odd imagination.

Lon

The personality has an unconscious desire to separate from God, from the universe, from truth. Holding on to a belief such as Jesus is the only way has cut us off from awareness of the fact that we are already one with God, the universe and the the truth. The personality is delusional in its thought that it is separate. Can we actually separate from the universe or from the fact of our existence? It doesn't matter how hard we try to believe otherwise. We are already connected with all of creation and therefore we are a part of it. There is oneness, togetherness, unity in the very fact of our existence.
Anti-gospel, anti-Christ :( You are a pantheist, I'm quasi-panentheist. Huge difference. God is apart from His creation or you have Him subject to the universe, and no longer God. You guys may or may not realize it, but you worship the universe over and above God and demote Him to being a product of it. That isn't even relational. It is elevation of self, ego, and id.

Nor, ultimately, is it logical. It may be 'comfortable' but it isn't logical. It amounts to atheism and embraces god as a force rather than personal being. It is odd and bizarre theology to bring to a Christian board. Basically Buddhism and Hinduism and other Eastern religions rather than Christianity. Again, that makes it anti-gospel, anti-Christ, anti-Christian.

Prizebeatz1

The average person can discern what is in the form of parables and actual truth, please. He says it would be better that we did those things than go to hell, it's a parable, a comparison if you will.

Is it considered a parable when Jesus says to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Why wouldn't the entire story of Jesus be a parable about the eternal and infinite part of us? I don't think the average person would take the raising of a dead man literally. So why take any of it literally?

Prizebeatz1

Anti-gospel, anti-Christ :( You are a pantheist, I'm quasi-panentheist. Huge difference. God is apart from His creation or you have Him subject to the universe, and no longer God. You guys may or may not realize it, but you worship the universe over and above God and demote Him to being a product of it. That isn't even relational. It is elevation of self, ego, and id.

Nor, ultimately, is it logical. It may be 'comfortable' but it isn't logical. It amounts to atheism and embraces god as a force rather than personal being. It is odd and bizarre theology to bring to a Christian board. Basically Buddhism and Hinduism and other Eastern religions rather than Christianity. Again, that makes it anti-gospel, anti-Christ, anti-Christian.

You're hiding and trying to rationalize away the truth. You just can't admit that you are trying to run away from the fact that you are one with what is infinite and eternal because you are too proud to be wrong. Grasping onto a belief is clear evidence of this. You can't hide behind a fig leaf. The reason we hang on to beliefs is to block awareness of having trading our soul in exchange for a false identity.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

Did you read my response as to what we mean by "literal"? I think not.

In the example you are trying to plead, Our Lord uses hyperbole--intentional exaggeration to make a point. Our Lord was stating a comparative value, saying that if something in your life is destroying your soul, you should get rid of it, no matter how much it costs.

"Other". Sigh.

AMR

Then what is your interpretation of Jesus saying to eat his flesh and drink his blood?

Jamie Gigliotti

Salvation is not a subjective feeling. It is one with the Great I Am in infinite stillness. It is what IS. It is timelessness. It is one with God, heaven, wholeness, truth, paradise, fulfillment, infinity, eternity. It is the one and only true reality. Please do not wait until you're dead to find this out for yourself. That is exactly what the enemy wants.

This post and the one before it are contradictions.

First you said don't take scripture literal, which there is some symbolism, but mostly literal truth. And even in the symbolism there truth that can discovered with God's help.

Then you said its about oneness with God. That's the exact thing Jesus said literally.
"That they may be one, just as you Father are in me and I in you, that they may also be in us..." John 17:21

Truth does not change only our understanding of it.

Jamie Gigliotti

The early church met in HOMES... none built churches. And no, they are not a good tool for reaching out... don't fool yourself. They are a waste of public space and a burden on local communities because of their tax exempt status.... they need to start paying their fair share!
If I didn't meet Jesus in a church building, and realize God uses those places to bring about good you may have more of an argument. All it is, is a place to gather large amounts of His children, and where others can meet him. There are logistical reasons For having the buildings.

Prizebeatz1

This post and the one before it are contradictions.

First you said don't take scripture literal, which there is some symbolism, but mostly literal truth. And even in the symbolism there truth that can discovered with God's help.

Then you said its about oneness with God. That's the exact thing Jesus said literally.
"That they may be one, just as you Father are in me and I in you, that they may also be in us..." John 17:21

Truth does not change only our understanding of it.

If you want me to be perfectly honest with you I don't think hardly any of it can be taken literally. I think most people feel the same the way but are too scared to admit it.

Last edited:

Jamie Gigliotti

If you want m e to be perfectly honest with you I don't think any of it can be taken literally. I think most people feel the same the way but are too scared to admit it.
Then that disqualifies a lot of what you are saying, because you quoted scripture quite often.
It all goes back to; is truth objective, able to stand on its own. Jesus declared that it can and demonstrated it with power.

When we strive to define reality and truth in and of ourselves, like is going on to the demise of many, we are all in trouble. Anything goes. A Pandora's box of Hell that we are seeing played out in front of our eyes. God help us all.

genuineoriginal

If the scriptures are literal then why haven't you plucked your eye out? Those were the very words of Jesus so go ahead and just do it right now. Take a selfie for everyone to see while you're at it.
If anyone plucks out their eye because of your distortion of what Jesus taught, then you will be the one God holds guilty for the destruction of their eye.

The Pharisees taught that a person's eye could sin without the person sinning.

Jesus was addressing this teaching of the Pharisees.

Jesus was saying that any part of you that sins will cause all of you to be cast into the fire, so stop denying responsibility for your sin.

If you really believe that your eye is acting of its own free will against your will and is sinning on its own, then gouge out your eye so you don't end up being cast into the fire with your eye.

If you accept that your eye is not acting on its own but its sin is your sin, then the only thing that can keep you from being cast into the lake of fire is repentance.

So tell me, is your eye able to sin on its own without you sinning?

nikolai_42

Is it considered a parable when Jesus says to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Why wouldn't the entire story of Jesus be a parable about the eternal and infinite part of us? I don't think the average person would take the raising of a dead man literally. So why take any of it literally?

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

I Corinthians 15:12-20

Prizebeatz1

Then that disqualifies a lot of what you are saying, because you quoted scripture quite often.
It all goes back to; is truth objective, able to stand on its own. Jesus declared that it can and demonstrated it with power.

When we strive to define reality and truth in and of ourselves, like is going on to the demise of many, we are all in trouble. Anything goes. A Pandora's box of Hell that we are seeing played out in front of our eyes. God help us all.

I think we need to define reality and truth to include us. Why should we unconsciously exclude ourselves from truth, from reality, from the universe, from creation? If we continue doing this we won't know when to quit. We go so far as to exclude ourselves from the unconditional presence of God too. We won't even notice this to be a problem and that is how the adversary is so effective. The identity behind all this is the personality. It is trying to recover a sense of meaning and significance that it lost by believing it is separate from infinite and eternal value, from the world, from reality, from the universe, from God. The true self of the soul is the source of self worth. It cannot be replaced with the imposter of the personality. Without the soul humanity is lost. The pain from losing connection to self worth is so great we develop ways to block our awareness of it. This includes holding onto beliefs. The fact that we have identified with the enemy and we aren't aware of it is its secret weapon.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

If anyone plucks out their eye because of your distortion of what Jesus taught, then you will be the one God holds guilty for the destruction of their eye.

The Pharisees taught that a person's eye could sin without the person sinning.

Jesus was addressing this teaching of the Pharisees.

Jesus was saying that any part of you that sins will cause all of you to be cast into the fire, so stop denying responsibility for your sin.

If you really believe that your eye is acting of its own free will against your will and is sinning on its own, then gouge out your eye so you don't end up being cast into the fire with your eye.

If you accept that your eye is not acting on its own but its sin is your sin, then the only thing that can keep you from being cast into the lake of fire is repentance.

So tell me, is your eye able to sin on its own without you sinning?

So what is your interpretation of Jesus' saying that we must eat his flesh and drink his blood?