Interpretation

Prizebeatz1

Yes... of course those words are from Timothy.

However we were discussing the claims of Jesus. Specifically, we were discussing His claim that "No one comes to the Father but by me". You seemingly reject what He claimed. I choose to believe Jesus.

My apology. I think I understand what you were trying to say with the verse from Timothy. I thought you were using it as part of what Jesus was saying.

Yes he did say those words. I don't reject them. I choose to see the truth in them. I just choose to see that truth a little differently, however. When Jesus is interpreted as a representation of the infinite and eternal soul, it takes the scriptures to a whole new level of truth we didn't even know existed. Sure we can take it literally which I admit I did for a long time as well. But it left me with the feeling that something was missing. That something missing is the feeling of our own internal divinity. Isn't it ironic that there is no replacement for this?

Danoh

How many different ways could one interpret the scriptures? Does interpretation from God or from man? Why does this make a difference? Is the literal translation the only one with merit? Why or why not? Who holds the power to declare which interpretation is most appropriate? Can one interpretation be more correct or more accurate than another? What evidence or support is available to suggest that an entity has the authority to determine which interpretation is valid and/or more valid than another? Who is interpreting the evidence or support that is being used to come up with the original interpretation? Does one interpretation have all the correct answers and if it doesn't, does that invalidate any of the viewpoints that do make sense? Does any one interpretation make perfect sense? What should we do if someone proposes an alternative interpretation that we know through discernment makes much more sense to us? Is it okay to continue believing one interpretation if we know there is a more accurate one available? What would prevent us from accepting a more true interpretation of the scriptures were it to be presented to us?

Personally, I've boiled all down at this stage in things to one question - 'how do might I get at the actually intended sense?'

I find my inquiries after that tend to find what other questions I might need to be asking towards solving for my first question.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that is the traditional interpretation. I am stating a simple fact that contradicts it. The idea of separation from God, existence, the universe and the truth cannot be real. It's just the intensity with which we believe in the separation that makes it seem so.

So what if you die and there's just nothing, nothing happens, then what ? :chuckle:

Danoh

You just blew your cover. Running and hiding after throwing a cheap shot is the mark that you are attached and identified with a coward. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Thats a lot of "interpretation" you have just concluded, hurled at them.

My "interpretation"?

You begin a thread with all sorts of questions you want others to agree with you on the answers to.

Your mind is made up.

And you believe you are on to something others just don't see.

Eventually, as the thread continues, you let your proverbial cat out of its bag.

The moment it runs smack into a different "interpretation" the very freedom you feigned standing for that you might ply your actual agenda, you reveal the hypocrite you actually are.

You have no answer. You've confused your stumbling in a pitch black room; your head fully covered by a thick, black covering, as having found some thing.

The reality is that "the light" you've only thought you've been staring at is your own eye's reaction to the fact that your eyes are shut.

Prizebeatz1

So what if you die and there's just nothing, nothing happens, then what ? :chuckle:

I already know what's on the other side. It is true life, not death. But as I was going through my Dark Night of the Soul I honestly felt I was going straight to hell. That is what it felt like. I would have welcomed nothing happening because that would have been better than the state I was in. I got the reverse of what I thought. It wasn't death, nor was it nothing. The realness of life on the other side makes our familiar reality seem like a cartoon. Now I understand the importance of finding this out for ourselves while we are alive. One is able to live life more fully and with much less fear. "...I came that they may have life and have it to the full...." (John 10:10). "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living...." (Luke 20:38). It doesn't do much good to just talk about this. We have to actually feel it for ourselves.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I already know what's on the other side. It is true life, not death. But as I was going through my Dark Night of the Soul I honestly felt I was going straight to hell. That is what it felt like. I would have welcomed nothing happening because that would have been better than the state I was in. I got the reverse of what I thought. It wasn't death, nor was it nothing. The realness of life on the other side makes our familiar reality seem like a cartoon. Now I understand the importance of finding this out for ourselves while we are alive. One is able to live life more fully and with much less fear. "...I came that they may have life and have it to the full...." (John 10:10). "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living...." (Luke 20:38). It doesn't do much good to just talk about this. We have to actually feel it for ourselves.

I think I understand. I get those feelings when I read the Bible. Everything is explained in Paul's 13 epistles, Romans through Philemon. It explains what you're trying to convey.

6days

Prizebeatz1 said:
I don't reject (Jesus words..John 14:6 " Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me") I choose to see the truth in them. I just choose to see that truth a little differently, however.

Yes... I understand. You reject what Jesus says. And, you are trying to justify your rejection of Him.

Prizebeatz1

Yes... I understand. You reject what Jesus says. And, you are trying to justify your rejection of Him.

I think you are the one trying to justify trading in your priceless soul for a belief in an image of a god you have made in your own likeness. God made us in HIS image (infinite and eternal). Yet man has made a God in their own image as a man named Jesus. We've traded the most valuable part of ourselves so we can hide from facing the one true infinite and eternal God. There is no amount of believing in Jesus that is going to fix this. In fact the harder we try the more worthless we are going to feel. Wherefore art thou self-worth? What do think is more important than your own soul? The soul is salvation in itself.

6days

Hebrews 2:3

Hebrews 2:3

Prizebeatz1 said:
6days said:
You reject what Jesus says. And, you are trying to justify your rejection of Him.
I think you are the one trying to justify trading in your priceless soul for a belief in an image of a god you have made in your own likeness.

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me"

Prizebeatz1 said:
God made us in HIS image (infinite and eternal).
Yes, however Jesus did teach ""And they (unrighteous)will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."

Prizebeatz1 said:
Yet man has made a God in their own image as a man named Jesus.

Prizebeatz..... Our Creator God humbled Himself ...becoming the man Christ Jesus. He now acts as our mediator offering to make us worthy before a Holy God. He is the way...He is the truth and the life. No one can come to God, except through our Mediator, the man Christ Jesus.

"So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak? " Heb. 2:3

nikolai_42

Yes, that is the traditional interpretation. I am stating a simple fact that contradicts it. The idea of separation from God, existence, the universe and the truth cannot be real. It's just the intensity with which we believe in the separation that makes it seem so.

No...per your words you are stating a subjective feeling and holding on to that instead of what is revealed in scripture.

HisServant

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness..." Galatians 5:22

His presence and His fruit are undeniable.

And nothing you mentioned about the 'real presence' you experience has anything to do with that. Your 'real presence' is experienced in an ornate church built by human hands, administered by people in flowing robs with all sorts of symbolism... and when you leave the building it leaves you.

Not what the christian life is about... at all.

Jamie Gigliotti

And nothing you mentioned about the 'real presence' you experience has anything to do with that. Your 'real presence' is experienced in an ornate church built by human hands, administered by people in flowing robs with all sorts of symbolism... and when you leave the building it leaves you.

Not what the christian life is about... at all.
I'm sorry church buildings have offended you so much. Some do contain members of His Spiritual Body. I worship and pray everyday and experience His presence whenever I do, wherever I am at.

HisServant

I'm sorry church buildings have offended you so much. Some do contain members of His Spiritual Body. I worship and pray everyday and experience His presence whenever I do, wherever I am at.

Who wouldn't be offended by paganism?

Neither Jesus nor any of the Apostles commissioned any buildings to be built... instead they poured every cent that came into the offering plate to help the body, needy poor and missions. They even worked in the secular world for their monetary needs to not be a burden on the assembly.

Churches have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Why don't you just face it... Church buildings are constructed due to selfishness and a misdirected belief that God is pleased with such things. (in spite of the example of how God did not allow any of the Jews to construct a temple or tabernacle after their own imaginings).

And if you don't think the ancients felt the same way as you do when they went to the temples of their pagan gods, you are mistaken.

6days

Sad that some use the building itself as an excuse for various things such as not assembling together. But, the 'church' building itself takes on many forms.
Perhaps though, we should be offended at some of the buildings which seem to have a purpose of honouring man or religions, more than God. I think we also need to keep in mind that God gave some pretty ornate instructions in how the temple was to be built.

Anyways Jamie... I thought your comments were good. Worship is not about the building itself. We can and should worship Him everywhere. And..... its great that we can have buildings where we meet to worship with others.

HisServant

Sad that some use the building itself as an excuse for various things such as not assembling together. But, the 'church' building itself takes on many forms.
Perhaps though, we should be offended at some of the buildings which seem to have a purpose of honouring man or religions, more than God. I think we also need to keep in mind that God gave some pretty ornate instructions in how the temple was to be built.

Anyways Jamie... I thought your comments were good. Worship is not about the building itself. We can and should worship Him everywhere. And..... its great that we can have buildings where we meet to worship with others.

God prevented the Israelites from building a temple... and he personally laid out exacting instructions for the construction of his tabernacle and temple. No such instructions were given in the New Testament. And the early Christians met WITHOUT churches. We should do the same... there are plenty of public spaces that are suitable for Christians to gather along with our homes. Having our own buildings removes us from public and creates a bit of a cult mentality... how are we to be light and salt if we meet in secret?

Prizebeatz1

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me"

Yes, however Jesus did teach ""And they (unrighteous)will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."

Prizebeatz..... Our Creator God humbled Himself ...becoming the man Christ Jesus. He now acts as our mediator offering to make us worthy before a Holy God. He is the way...He is the truth and the life. No one can come to God, except through our Mediator, the man Christ Jesus.

"So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak? " Heb. 2:3

The whole thing is a big misunderstanding. It is not a literal interpretation.

Prizebeatz1

No...per your words you are stating a subjective feeling and holding on to that instead of what is revealed in scripture.

Salvation is not a subjective feeling. It is one with the Great I Am in infinite stillness. It is what IS. It is timelessness. It is one with God, heaven, wholeness, truth, paradise, fulfillment, infinity, eternity. It is the one and only true reality. Please do not wait until you're dead to find this out for yourself. That is exactly what the enemy wants.

Last edited:

nikolai_42

Salvation is not a subjective feeling. It is one with the Great I Am in infinite stillness. It is what IS. It is timelessness. It is one with God, heaven, wholeness, truth, fulfillment, infinity, eternity. It is the one and only true reality. Please do not wait until you're dead to find this out for yourself. That is exactly what the enemy wants.

Why did Jesus come and die on the cross? Why was He resurrected and received into glory? What was the purpose of all that?

6days

The whole thing is a big misunderstanding. It is not a literal interpretation.
No..... I don't have to interpret it or try to spin the words.
Jesus claimed "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

6days

God prevented the Israelites from building a temple... and he personally laid out exacting instructions for the construction of his tabernacle and temple. No such instructions were given in the New Testament. And the early Christians met WITHOUT churches. We should do the same... there are plenty of public spaces that are suitable for Christians to gather along with our homes. Having our own buildings removes us from public and creates a bit of a cult mentality... how are we to be light and salt if we meet in secret?
The early church did meet in buildings...or we can likely assume so. Don't let the building itself be a hindrance to worship. Many church buildings are a great tool in reaching out to the local communities.... a tool in teaching used 7 days per week. Home churches and rented buildings do have a place, but are unable to serve in the same way that many 'church' buildings do.