Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

Arthur Brain

Is that right? *I* made this thread, not rocketman, care to post what my answer was to that question in that poll? Lets look:

attachment.php

I don't think zoo was trying to tar all far right wingers with the same brush but rather pointing out the hypocrisy with those who do support executing gay people, and like it or not there's a lot in the far right who support just that and recorded on here to boot. None of those who advocate killing homosexuals have any reason to bleat about intolerance.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If any of us fail to stand for our principled beliefs, regardless of who agrees with our beliefs or not, we would only show we do not truly believe in what we confess to be Scriptural Truth and holy guidance.

An anecdote from my husband's and my past:

We took an early stand against divorce and remarriage many years ago, and later, in a church (that we were instrumental in founding) , a couple joined who decided they wanted to marry under our legal officiate , but both had been previously divorced.

Our congregation as a whole went along with their plans, but my husband denied participating in giving them their vows and I declined to attend and do the brides's makeup . . . which I guess is a big "honor" these days!

Our moral refusals to so participate in their wedding plans, which we felt were not biblically allowed, despite our genuine like and concern for both persons, was not spiritually understood by most, and one of the hardest stands we ever had to make.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
a lie is a lie is a lie, does the "slim lie" defense actually work in court when someone practiced libel?
No, though they didn't actually damage the reputation of the business or even misrepresent their position. What they said had happened would have and still might, according to the owners.

That said, I did note that whoever was responsible for that should lose their job. And that said I'm not sure what a suit would allege as damages, given.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And did I mention you? No.

Besides, the point is that it's dishonest to whitewash these laws and pretend that they're just about protecting poor Christians from being forced to serve homosexuals pizza, or posture that it's Christians who're being discriminated against.

yes, i am right wing christian and i am complaining about the gaystopo being hypocrites with their antibully stuff while taking bullying to a whole new level (murder and burning businesses based on lies and trying to get others who do not agree to be unable to make a living)

you said:
Out of one side of their mouths, right wing Christian extremists here are complaining about being persecuted by "Nazi homosexuals" and out of the other side of their mouths, they're hissing that homosexuals be executed. Out of one side of their mouth, they're whining about how they need protection from the law, and out of the other side, saying they want to legally execute homosexuals.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't think zoo was trying to tar all far right wingers with the same brush but rather pointing out the hypocrisy with those who do support executing gay people, and like it or not there's a lot in the far right who support just that and recorded on here to boot. None of those who advocate killing homosexuals have any reason to bleat about intolerance.

Then he needs to reword what he said, it was a complete broad brush statement.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, though they didn't actually damage the reputation of the business

Of course they did, they claimed that the business refused to cater a gay wedding (when they dont cater AT ALL and had denied no one service), and was the first to do so, thats a huge lie and it caused them to CLOSE their business and be in fear of their lives and threatened with harm over that "small lie" , how is that not damage?

zoo22

But it goes beyond that. It's dishonest to ignore the obvious and implications of this law. For example, to ignore that a very real contingent of Christians & Muslims want homosexuals legally executed based on "sincere religious belief" is a problem that you can't separate from this Indiana law, that poses as protecting religious rights. Right to religious belief is one thing, and should be protected. But when religious belief crosses over into law (or exemption from law), that's another.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But it goes beyond that. It's dishonest to ignore the obvious and implications of this law. For example, to ignore that a very real contingent of Christians & Muslims want homosexuals legally executed based on "sincere religious belief" is a problem that you can't separate from this Indiana law, that poses as protecting religious rights. Right to religious belief is one thing, and should be protected. But when religious belief crosses over into law (or exemption from law), that's another.

And those things are irrelevant to this thread and relevant in the executing homosexuals thread, this is NOT that thread.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course they did, they claimed that the business refused to cater a gay wedding
Which they say they won't do. So whoever wanted to engineer the story could have just sent a gay couple in to make the request and bam, instant karma, so to speak.

(when they don't cater AT ALL and had denied no one service),
But they said they wouldn't sell their product to people who told them it was for a gay wedding, correct? I suppose what I'm getting at is that if I tell you I won't rent to Jews and you go on air and say I've denied Jews a rental you're lying, but not about who I am and what I stand for, only that I've had the opportunity and taken it.

and was the first to do so, thats a huge lie and it caused them to CLOSE their business and be in fear of their lives and threatened with harm over that "small lie" , how is that not damage?
Okay, you make a valid point. Though they'll have to prove they were forced to close and establish how much that cost them. It might be mitigated by the huge amounts of offset cash contributed by supporters. Then you're at emotional distress, which is real and could be argued.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
No, it's not a red herring.

It most certainly was or do you need me to post the definition of what a red herring is for you? You obviously have trouble separating the facts of this thread from another which is an entirely different subject.

Out of one side of their mouths, right wing Christian extremists here are complaining about being persecuted by "Nazi homosexuals" and out of the other side of their mouths, they're hissing that homosexuals be executed. Out of one side of their mouth, they're whining about how they need protection from the law, and out of the other side, saying they want to legally execute homosexuals.

Different subject again detracting from the subject matter by posing another...

I'd noticed you didn't seem to have the conviction to answer the simple yes or no question about whether or not you think homosexuals should be executed.

Have I posted in the thread? or answered the poll one way or another? I said I believe the question is absurd (& loaded) so I refuse to answer it. Now are you ready to discuss the subject in this thread or do you intend to bloviate further about a different thread which is completely irrelevant to this one? :doh:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Which they say they won't do. So whoever wanted to engineer the story could have just sent a gay couple in to make the request and bam, instant karma, so to speak.

False, they would have simply said they do not cater, which their website already says.

Instant karma is that they will most likey receive at least over half million dollars from that gofundme account for standing up for what they believe and not backing down off Gods word for a bunch of lying bullies.

Praise the Lord, i pray that He blesses them so much they never ever need another dime in their lives.

zoo22

yes, i am right wing christian and i am complaining about the gaystopo being hypocrites with their antibully stuff while taking bullying to a whole new level (murder and burning businesses based on lies and trying to get others who do not agree to be unable to make a living)

you said:

Okee dokee.

Well, anyway, fortunately, these bible thumping laws are just consistently and completely backfiring.

Arthur Brain

Well for those that support the execution of homosexuals then this holds true. They have no room whatsoever to bang on about tolerance or rights or anything associated.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Okee dokee.

Well, anyway, fortunately, these bible thumping laws are just consistently and completely backfiring.

I'm glad to know you consider it a bible thumping law, to be able to practice what you believe, and that we should still be forcing atheists to pray in school, since force is the name of the game these days.

Too bad that so many seemingly intelligent people cant see this is the same issue in reverse.

I cant wait to be put in jail and have no living thanks to the thought police.

Homosexuality is a perversion of nature and against God, its disgusting and revolting and thats my opinion, it will never be changed no matter what someone tries to force on me.

So empty victory. All this is doing is making me detest it even more. (Im willing to bet a ton of other people feel this way)

In fact, this kind of behavior is WHY laws like this are being passed.

Thanks gays!

Arthur Brain

I'm glad to know you consider it a bible thumping law, to be able to practice what you believe, and that we should still be forcing atheists to pray in school, since force is the name of the game these days.

Too bad that so many seemingly intelligent people cant see this is the same issue in reverse.

I cant wait to be put in jail and have no living thanks to the thought police.

Homosexuality is a perversion of nature and against God, its disgusting and revolting and thats my opinion, it will never be changed no matter what someone tries to force on me.

So empty victory. All this is doing is making me detest it even more. (Im willing to bet a ton of other people feel this way)

In fact, this kind of behavior is WHY laws like this are being passed.

Thanks gays!

Except it hardly seems so black and white in this case...

And like it or not there's several of your 'conservative brethren' who would apparently have no compunction in forcing gay people to their deaths simply for being homosexuals if they had their way, even if you don't agree.

Cuts both ways.

zoo22

Well, fortunately, the law has been revised, making it illegal for businesses to turn away folks based on religion or sexual orientation or their US military service or whatnot...

rfraindiana.gif

If folks can't handle not being able to discriminate based on their "sincere religious beliefs" they ought to consider whether or not they should open a business that caters to the public, or how they want to interact with society. Maybe they should to find something that's more church-based. The Amish seem to be a good role model for working and living within the constraints of sincere religious beliefs. Similarly, the Hasidic Jews in NYC and Los Angeles.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
False, they would have simply said they do not cater, which their website already says.
Let me try again:

But they said they wouldn't sell their product to people who told them it was for a gay wedding, correct? That's not catering, but it is a refusal to sell if they know the purpose.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that if I tell you I won't rent to Jews and you go on air and say I've denied Jews a rental you're lying, but not about who I am and what I stand for, only that I've had the opportunity and taken it.

So the station wasn't lying about who they are and what they stand for and the financial damages are non existent thanks to the efforts of others. Given how the people in the area feel about it I can't see future business damages, so you're down to emotional distress again.

zoo22

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service...there is another point of discrimination, no?

Are you for real? Are there other people here who actually think this?

What group of people is a business discriminating against by having a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" dress code? Poor people who can't afford shoes?

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Or, to be somewhat cynical, they saw the groundswell support and patronage for Chick fil A in markets where the locals were similarly opinionated and, being a local business that doesn't need to care about national response, saw a brighter upside.

Struck you as a real media savvy individual, did she? She probably had some coaching from the Memories Pizza Public Relations office. :)

I doubt they will be either. The local wind is something local, established businesses have always known better than tourists.

:think: Gofundme is pushing half-a-million.