Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you heterosexual as in exclusively attracted to women? If you are then just how do you go about being able to 'choose' to be attracted to blokes? Not possible here. If it is for you then you ain't straight.

A few years ago, I spent a week in Las Vegas and didn't even spend $0.25 cents gambling.

Other people go to Vegas and spend all the money they take, and then some.

I can't explain why I had no urge to gamble, nor can I explain how people get addicted to gambling.

Then there are sins I commit that gamblers and homosexuals don't commit.

The Bible is very clear on what are sins and what aren't sins.

My 101 year old grandmother never had an alcoholic drink in her life, my cousin started drinking when he was 13.

You somehow think the sin of homosexuality is different than the sin of gambling and/or drunkenness.

Arthur Brain

A few years ago, I spent a week in Las Vegas and didn't even spend $0.25 cents gambling.

Other people go to Vegas and spend all the money they take, and then some.

I can't explain why I had no urge to gamble, nor can I explain how people get addicted to gambling.

Then there are sins I commit that gamblers and homosexuals don't commit.

The Bible is very clear on what are sins and what aren't sins.

My 101 year old grandmother never had an alcoholic drink in her life, my cousin started drinking when he was 13.

You somehow think the sin of homosexuality is different than the sin of gambling and/or drunkenness.

Rather I'm asking if it's possible for you to choose to find men attractive if you're heterosexual. It's an impossibility for me, is it for you?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a mental illness.

No, it's a sin.

But since you brought it up.....

From Sigmund Freud until the mid '70's the American Psychiatric Association claimed that homosexuality was a mental illness that was curable by therapy.

But then in the mid '70's the APA voted, and claimed that homosexuality was normal.

Now, what caused this change?

There were no medical breakthroughs, no scientific discoveries, no new evidence, etc.

IOW, how did thousands of people with Phd's for decades claim homosexuality was a mental disorder, then with no new evidence whatsoever, the Phd's claimed homosexuality was normal?

Arthur Brain

Do those in prison who have always considered themselves heterosexual choose to commit homosexual acts?

I think it's rather more likely that the extremity of such a scenario has impacted on the psyche whereby it could even become an option. FTR I'm not denying that certain events or trauma can impact the psyche including on a sexual level - but to maintain that in the normal everyday that such is a choice - is absurd. Also, there's plenty who go to prison who don't entertain homosexuality at all so frankly I think it's a weak and overused example.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The homo-lovers will continue to insist that we bend to their assertion of what we believe. We do not believe homosexuality is a disposition or a feeling; we believe it is defined by an act. By definition homosexuality is a choice because people choose who they have sex with.

They want our definition to be different so that they do not have to face the truth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think it's rather more likely that the extremity of such a scenario has impacted on the psyche whereby it could even become an option. FTR I'm not denying that certain events or trauma can impact the psyche including on a sexual level - but to maintain that in the normal everyday that such is a choice - is absurd. Also, there's plenty who go to prison who don't entertain homosexuality at all so frankly I think it's a weak and overused example.

View attachment 19579

Arthur Brain

The homo-lovers will continue to insist that we bend to their assertion of what we believe. We do not believe homosexuality is a disposition or a feeling; we believe it is defined by an act. By definition homosexuality is a choice because people choose who they have sex with.

They want our definition to be different so that they do not have to face the truth.

For heterosexuals the prospect of sexual intimacy with their own gender isn't a choice. It's impossible. Are you straight? At least Musterion had the honesty to flat out declare it couldn't be an 'option' for him so how about you Stripe?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Homo-lovers are determined to have the conversation as if we believe as they do. Homosexuality is not a feeling or inclination that is condemned; it is the act that is a crime. People choose who they have sex with. Denying reality is a sign that you are desperate to avoid the truth.

Arthur Brain

Homo-lovers are determined to have the conversation as if we believe as they do. Homosexuality is not a feeling or inclination that is condemned; it is the act that is a crime. People choose who they have sex with. Denying reality is a sign that you are desperate to avoid the truth.

For heterosexuals it's an "act" that would be impossible to go through with for glaringly obvious reasons. So instead of acting like a complete crank, how about you explain just how it's possible for straight folk to even entertain a homosexual act?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Homo-lovers can only stay in the conversation by insisting that their opponents believe something completely contrary to what has been clearly explained.

Homosexuality is not a crime because of what people think or might entertain; it is an act that is outlawed. An act is necessarily based on a decision.

It is not an inclination or a feeling that is criminal; it is an act that is against the law. It is a decision you make that should be punished. We do not advocate laws against thinking.