In Other News Today.....

WizardofOz

How Christian Universities Are Becoming a Battleground for LGBT Rights

at Southwestern Christian University, Christian Minard was one semester shy of graduation when she was expelled after school officials learned that she had married her same-sex partner. The university required students to sign a “lifestyle covenant” prohibiting, among other things, “Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Transgender (LGBT) behavior or acts.”

The school argued that students are expelled for violating a variety of infractions that are prohibited in the lifestyle covenant, including cursing, drinking, and smoking. But according to Minard, “Students violate parts of [the lifestyle] covenant all the time, but they don’t get expelled. I didn’t even get a hearing.” The report details five other stories similar to Minard’s.

“Religious universities and colleges can and should work out the full expressions of their faiths without creating oppressive campus climates for LGBT students,” former LGBT Biola student Jason Brown, who aided the HRC in drafting the report, tells Newsweek. “The reality is that many students attending Christian colleges are not yet open with their families about being LGBT. Being at religious colleges may also be important to them, because the schools reflect their own faith backgrounds, but coming out comes with repercussions at home and at college because of the Title IX exemptions.”

Link

Is it OK for Christian schools to expel students who come out as homosexual?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wisconsin company fires seven Muslim workers in prayer break dispute

Who is wrong, the workers or the company? This may heat up if/when the lawsuit goes forward.

You tell us. Who has the ultimate authority in a business, the owner or the employees?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

What is the current law in the workplace when it comes to muzzies demanding time to wash their feet in restroom sinks etc. so that they can face East 5 times a day and worship Allah?

(As a Christian I can pray as often as I like without having to put a rug on the floor and put a big display on).

WizardofOz

What is the current law in the workplace when it comes to muzzies demanding time to wash their feet in restroom sinks etc. so that they can face East 5 times a day and worship Allah?

Should Kim Davis have been fired or is that religious expression at the workplace different?

(As a cafeteria Christian I can pray as often as I like without having to put a rug on the floor and put a big display on).

That's just great

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Should Kim Davis have been fired or is that religious expression at the workplace different?

You tell us Aaron. Tell us how a elected public official who was abiding by the Constitution of the State of Kentucky stating that marriage is between one man and one woman is the same as muzzies demanding that their employer give them whatever time they deem necessary to do their phony prayer ritual.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
(As a Christian I can pray as often as I like without having to put a rug on the floor and put a big display on).

That's just great

Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is fantastic Aaron. You should do the same, it'll take all of your hatred away.

WizardofOz

You tell us Aaron. Tell us how a elected public official who was abiding by the Constitution of the State of Kentucky stating that marriage is between one man and one woman is the same as muzzies demanding that their employer give them whatever time they deem necessary to do their phony prayer ritual.

I'd fire them all, Davis included. She refused to do her job just as these Muslims refused to do theirs.

Or, they all demanded to do their job on their own terms.

Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is fantastic Aaron. You should do the same, it'll take all of your hatred away.

:rotfl: More projection.

Who do I hate? Hmm...please tell me how I feel.

WizardofOz

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum is dropping out of the race for the White House, he confirmed via a statement in which he threw his support behind Marco Rubio

After a dismal performance in the Iowa caucus — receiving only 1 percent of the vote, resulting in zero delegates — there had been speculation that Santorum might withdraw his candidacy for the Republican nod.

His campaign struggled to find its footing within the overcrowded GOP field — especially with media savvy real estate mogul Donald Trump and breakout contender Texas Sen. Ted Cruz vying for the top spot.

Rubio solidified his credentials among conservatives with a third-place finish in Iowa. He garnered 23 percent of the vote, just one percentage point behind Trump.

A Santorum aide had told the Washington Post earlier Wednesday that he was scheduled to make “two major announcements” on Fox News. He is expected to discuss the end of his campaign and which of his rivals earned his endorsement.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

I'd fire them all, Davis included. She refused to do her job just as these Muslims refused to do theirs.

Or, they all demanded to do their job on their own terms.

Except that the muzzies, unlike Kim Davis, weren't told that they couldn't abide by their religious principles, they were told that they couldn't set their own prayer schedule which conflicted with the operation of a business.

Regarding Kim Davis: I see where your loyalties lie Aaron: with a LGBTQ judicial activist Supreme Court that denies state rights and religious (i.e. Christian) liberty.

WizardofOz

Except that the muzzies, unlike Kim Davis, weren't told that they couldn't abide by their religious principles, they were told that they couldn't set their own prayer schedule which conflicted with the operation of a business.
:doh:
And that schedule conflicted with their religious principles. :duh:

Regarding Kim Davis: I see where your loyalties lie Aaron: with a LGBTQ judicial activist Supreme Court that denies state rights and religious (i.e. Christian) liberty.

And your loyalties lie with an elected 4-times married democrat hypocrite.

As far as I know, you've only got the last part in common.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

And that schedule conflicted with their religious principles.

Yet Davis was abiding by her employer's mandate: The Constitution of the State of Kentucky.

And your loyalties lie with an elected 4-times married democrat hypocrite.

As far as I know, you've only got the last part in common.

You forgot the most important part Aaron: Davis and I both repented and asked Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior. He forgave us for our sins.

WizardofOz

Yet Davis was abiding by her employer's mandate: The Constitution of the State of Kentucky.

And now you've 'come out' in support of state rights. A bit of a flip-flop when you were constantly mocking anyone who argued in favor of the state rights position.

When it's convenient for your argument, you're not above hypocrisy; just like when Ted Cruz supported state rights to marijuana legalization. You jumped right on board! :sheep:

Arthur Brain

And now you've 'come out' in support of state rights. A bit of a flip-flop when you were constantly mocking anyone who argued in favor of the state rights position.

When it's convenient for your argument, you're not above hypocrisy; just like when Ted Cruz supported state rights to marijuana legalization. You jumped right on board! :sheep:

I'm bemused as to why he's even "debating" you. You are his 'stalker' after all...?

:idunno:

:eek:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

(I guess Aaron doesn't want to talk about Kim Davis and muzzies any longer).

When a secular humanist-godless Libertarian like Ron Paul talks about states rights (i.e. a drug pushing politician who isn't even sure if homosexuality is a sin...but was sure enough to vote to allow openly homosexual people to enter the military) I somehow can't compare that with our Founding Fathers original intent.

Ted Cruz is a devout Christian who stands for decency. Allowing the respective states to make those decisions seems the best way to fight this ongoing culture war.

WizardofOz

Quote:

(I guess Aaron doesn't want to talk about Kim Davis and muzzies any longer).

:doh: How can you lose track of a conversation this fast?

Talking about state rights IS talking about Kim Davis. You defend her hiding behind state rights which is an alacarte flip flop from your position on state rights in the past. :duh:

When a secular humanist-godless Libertarian like Ron Paul talks about states rights (i.e. a drug pushing politician who isn't even sure if homosexuality is a sin...but was sure enough to vote to allow openly homosexual people to enter the military) I somehow can't compare that with our Founding Fathers original intent.

Ted Cruz is a devout Christian who stands for decency. Allowing the respective states to make those decisions seems the best way to fight this ongoing culture war.

What was Ron Paul's stance on drugs in regards to state rights? What is Ted Cruz's?

When Ron Paul argued in favor of state rights you attacked him. Now that Ted Cruz has taken on the same position, you're on the bandwagon.

I'm sure you rationalize away your hypocrisy in some way. You've become completely numb to it.