In Other News Today.....

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
BTW, in response to Roseanne's claim of being under the influence of Ambien when she made the racist tweet (and the ~100 tweets that followed after she said she was leaving Twitter), Ambien's manufacturer Sanofi had this to say:

Screen-Shot-2018-05-30-at-8.31.18-AM.png

WizardofOz

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black

:chuckle:

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

A dumbfounded Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

The Fox Nation host then explained that he was actually black.

“I stand corrected,” Martin said.

Webb scolded Martin for running with an “assumption" and she then blamed her team for providing inaccurate information.

“That’s actually insulting,” Webb said.

“It is and I apologize,” Martin replied. “I was given wrong information.”

:mock: Areva Martin

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black

:chuckle:

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

A dumbfounded Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

The Fox Nation host then explained that he was actually black.

“I stand corrected,” Martin said.

Webb scolded Martin for running with an “assumption" and she then blamed her team for providing inaccurate information.

“That’s actually insulting,” Webb said.

“It is and I apologize,” Martin replied. “I was given wrong information.”

:mock: Areva Martin

what's most disappointing about this is the unchallenged assumption that privilege exists based on skin color

i'd love to hear martin try to explain that to refugees from Sarajevo, or the desperately poor whites in appalachia

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This is pretty big news here in Australia right now.

Sydney Police attended a call regarding a shop being robbed in the CBD. When they arrived, they found no one there but did spot a man walking nearby. When they tried to arrest the man, he resisted so they used Capsicum Spray and the Tazer.

The man stopped breathing and despite efforts from the Police Officers, died at the scene.

Now, it looks like the man wasn't even involved with the robbery.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-who-d...may-not-have-been-suspect-20120318-1vczf.html

It happens too often here:

Police arrived at the scene after an 18-year-old and a 12-year-old were shot by a gunman, as shoppers ran for their lives. The condition of the two victims has not been made public, but both were reportedly treated in hospital.

Authorities announced on Thursday that Bradford was the gunman, and had been brandishing a weapon. A uniformed officer then shot him to death.

However, that story changed on Friday evening when police admitted their initial report was "not totally accurate".

"New evidence now suggests that while Mr Bradford may have been involved in some aspect of the altercation, he likely did not fire the rounds that injured the 18-year-old victim," a statement reportedly read.

Police now believe at least one gunman remains at large. They are continuing to investigate the event.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46333970

Apparently, the man who was shot, pulled out his gun in response to the shooter. I wonder how the NRA will respond to that.

In the early hours of November 11, 2018, 26-year-old Jemel Roberson was working security at a bar in the Chicago suburbs when a shooting broke out. Shortly after Roberson subdued the suspect at gunpoint, police arrived — and fatally shot the armed security guard as he pinned the suspect to the ground.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018...n-police-shooting-security-illinois-ian-covey

A 61-year-old man was shot to death by police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug
raid on the wrong house.

Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door. The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1