I'm a proud homophobe

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you take that position, I would throw a flag if you don't subscribe to all old testament law. Do you?

Romans 3:20
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."

bybee

Deuteronomy 14:9-10
Leviticus 11:9-12

Leviticus 11:23 KJV But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

I'd leave those four footed flying creeping creatures alone too. ;)

Yup, they are often loaded with parasites.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Bats and squirrels creep? :think:

yes, when on the ground bats crawl and have 4 legs, so do squirrels as well as fly.

Flying-Squirrel-1.jpg

3293ad2d45e317bd1c2abb1f1035-grande.jpg

alwight

yes, when on the ground bats crawl and have 4 legs, so do squirrels as well as fly.

Flying-Squirrel-1.jpg

3293ad2d45e317bd1c2abb1f1035-grande.jpg
To be picky surely even "flying" squirrels scurry rather than creep, but they don't actually fly, they can only glide briefly between trees.
Most bats otoh will typically never deliberately go to ground to creep or otherwise and actually have two hands with fingers and two feet not four. In Leviticus 11 Bats are classified as birds (fowl).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
To be picky surely even "flying" squirrels scurry rather than creep, but they don't actually fly, they can only glide briefly between trees.
Most bats otoh will typically never deliberately go to ground to creep or otherwise and actually have two hands with fingers and two feet not four. In Leviticus 11 Bats are classified as birds (fowl).

You are being picky, desperately so, anyone seeing them on the ground and in the air, would describe them that way. There are far fewer words in hebrew also than Englishes many word variants.

A cat will creep along the ground to later pounce at prey.

But to help you:

Word: UXY

Pronounce: sheh'-rets

Strong: H8318

Orig: from 8317; a swarm, i.e. active mass of minute animals:--creep(-ing thing), move(-ing creature). H8317

Use: TWOT-2467a Noun Masculine

Grk Strong: G2044 G2062

1) teeming or swarming things, creepers, swarmers
1a) of insects, animals, small reptiles, quadrupeds

alwight

You are being picky, desperately so, anyone seeing them on the ground and in the air, would describe them that way. There are far fewer words in hebrew also than Englishes many word variants.
:AMR:

A cat will creep along the ground to later pounce at prey.
But we weren't actually talking about cats, which, like pigs, don't fly, but they do have four legs and arguably do perhaps creep (stalk?), so two out of three's not bad. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:AMR:

But we weren't actually talking about cats, which, like pigs, don't fly, but they do have four legs and arguably do perhaps creep (stalk?), so two out of three's not bad. :)

And you can keep ignoring what you have been given, the word in hebrew is simply defining insects, and rodents and things like lizards

alwight

And you can keep ignoring what you have been given, the word in hebrew is simply defining insects, and rodents and things like lizards
However, evangelists will evangelise the Bible as it was translated when it suits them to, but when it doesn't then we may get referred to arcane ancient Hebrew texts. :rolleyes:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
However, evangelists will evangelise the Bible as it was translated when it suits them to, but when it doesn't then we may get referred to arcane ancient Hebrew texts. :rolleyes:

You cited the kjv on that particular verse, you are aware that a lot of english words used in translation there, aren't what are commonly used today?

Could it be the reason you just cited that you chose that version there?

Anyone confused about something can look at the original. Are you more of a fundamentalist to a fault, that you ignore that words have myriads of meanings in english and not just one or 2?

alwight

You cited the kjv on that particular verse, you are aware that a lot of english words used in translation there, aren't what are commonly used today?

Could it be the reason you just cited that you chose that version there?

Anyone confused about something can look at the original. Are you more of a fundamentalist to a fault, that you ignore that words have myriads of meanings in english and not just one or 2?
My whole argument is against homophobic fundamentalism based on adherence to words as translated by different people at different times typically with a wide variety of interpretations.
Using the Bible as a justification for homophobic bigotry, probably without any understanding of ancient Hebrew, is clearly plain wrong.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My whole argument is against homophobic fundamentalism based on adherence to words as translated by different people at different times typically with a wide variety of interpretations.

Ok, then lets look at it, and see where you think one version might be wrong. Lets break it down, post what you think is not right and we can check.

Using the Bible as a justification for homophobic bigotry, probably without any understanding of ancient Hebrew, is clearly plain wrong.

Again lets look then.

alwight

Ok, then lets look at it, and see where you think one version might be wrong. Lets break it down, post what you think is not right and we can check.

Again lets look then.
I think my case is made since even you look to ancient Hebrew rather than rely on say the KJV or apparently want to suggest that another commonly used version is inerrant.
Is eating seafood without fins and scales really wrong or just an interpretation by an unknown scribe?

GuySmiley

I think shellfish can however be specifically inferred as "abominations" since they hath neither fins nor scales and are found "in the seas and in the rivers".
As too lobster, squid, octopus abalone...
Perhaps you eat such things yourself, oh dear. :chew:
I do eat them. Abalone is my favorite, but I don't get it often living in Colorado. :(

OCTOBER23

FOR ALL THE HOMOS WHO LOVE EATING SHELLFISH

TAKE YOUR PICK

Amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP)

Diarrheal shellfish poisoning (DSP)

Neurotoxic shellfish poisoning (NSP)

Paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP)