If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I gather your perspective is 'backwards'...since 'satori' is the awakening and realization of one's true nature, - understanding/comprehension,...enlightenment. When you have 'satori',....you realize 'heaven' is 'ever-present', since you realize your own 'God-nature', your true spirit-essence. (the light of awareness at the root of your recognition of "I Am").

'Hell' is just a metaphor for error, ignorance, non-reality, suffering, illusion.

I thought it was called Unagi !!!!

View attachment 20673

Wick Stick

You know that the Essene community was ruled by Tzaddukim, correct? Perhaps take a look here.
I did not remember it this way, so I had to go do my homework.

Scholarship does not seem to be nearly as agreed on this as they were 10 years ago. The idea that the Qumran community was an important center of Jewish life seems to have gone by the wayside. It seems to be accepted that the sect practicing the Community Rule was a little more widespread, and connected with a number of towns and cities. There is some doubt as to whether "Essenes" is the correct moniker for the group.

Whether the people who wrote the scrolls were "Essenes" or not, or connected to Qumran, they certainly identified their founder as "Zadok," as also the more familiar Sadducees of the New Testament. A prominent Jewish rabbi wrote something lengthy about common doctrinal positions between the two sects, it seems.

Yet, they do not self-identify as Zadokiy in their writings, and their Zadok appears to be the Teacher of Righteousness (Tsedeq/Zadok), rather than the Hasmonean heir literally descended from the priest named Zadok under the reign of Solomon.

My judgment (do I get one?) based on experience in history and mythology of the ANE suggests that the two groups came from common origin, and had some catastrophic split. Nobody can hate a catholic like an ex-catholic, and vice versa. Likewise nobody could hate the "Zadokiy" of the temple more than the "Zadokiy" of the wilderness.

And, yes, they vehemently opposed the "inner city" flesh eaters but they were indeed brethren of the house of Tzadok. Perhaps the renegade Theophilus Ananus may have hidden there with his brethren for a while? I wonder if Saul was looking for him? If so, what an irony that would be, eh? that is, to have the one you were seeking to detain end up coming to you and putting his hands upon your eyes in the name of Yeshua so that you may regain your sight? :crackup:
Fun theory, but a tough one to prove or disprove. I still trip over any association between the House of Annas and the Qumran community. Such was explicitly forbidden, it seems.

Also, it seems Jesus taught directly against several of the rules of the Damascus document, such as gleaning on the Sabbath, associating with sinners and Gentiles, and breaking the Sabbath in order to save a life. All of these points are captured rather intentionally in the gospels, it seems. Did Luke write his gospel against the Damascus document? It seems he might have.

Twenty four prophets including Yochanan the Immerser and the Torah and the Prophets prophesied until Yochanan. Four Seraphim with six wings are twenty four elders roundabout the throne.
5 books of Moses + 4 major prophets + 12 minor prophets + John equals 22. Who are the other 2? David?

The throne of Elohim is the `araphel in the heavens of the man, each and every man, whether he or she knows it or not. Your heavenly Father is in your heavens; and whatsoever you shall loose upon your earth shall be loosed in your heavens, and whatsoever you shall bind upon your earth shall be bound in your heavens, for every man is the Land. Dionysius I do not know. :)
(Pseudo)Dionysius wrote a book called Celestial Hierarchy in the 4th or 5th century. It's either a mystical Christian book about the orders of the heavens and angels, or it's meant to be interpreted. Possibly both.

The famous quote "as above, so below" is purportedly from this book (although I seem to find the same idea much earlier in Egyptian Hermeticism).

Jarrod

daqq

5 books of Moses + 4 major prophets + 12 minor prophets + John equals 22. Who are the other 2? David?

Hmmm, does Peter say that David is a prophet in Acts 2:30? in his discourse quoting from Psalm 16:8-11 in Acts 2:25-31? Also tradition says that Moses wrote not only Psalm 90 but the ten Psalms beginning with Psalm 90. In John 10:34 Yeshua implies that the Psalms are "law", for he says, "Is it not written in your law?", and then quotes from Psalm 82:6. The Psalms are at the very least statutes and ordinances because so much of them are penned at the hands of kings, (and therefore "kings law"). For instance Ahaz-Hezekiah is believed to have penned at least fourteen of the fifteen "Psalms of Ascent", "Psalms of the Steps", or "Psalms of Degrees", (likely in reference to the ten steps or degrees on the sundial of Ahaz which were a sign and added fifteen years to his lifespan along with the promise that he would be healed and go up into the house of YHWH in the Third Day). If therefore King David was a Prophet I see no problem with him being called an Elder in the Throne Room. :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
~*~*~

Adding to some real truth-smack shared earlier here,

You might do well to get beyond 'labels', since you cant judge a book by its cover. You may also do well to consider that some have an aversion of even using the label 'Christian' because of misrepresentation and mal-behavior passed off under such an appellation. In this case, you cant blame the offended, but those tarnishing the denomination.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
What is this "OTHER" thing that some put on their mast heads?

Are they ashamed of what they are? Maybe their cultist and they don't want others to know that, so they use the title "other" to disguise what they are.

We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe. It is not fair to the Christians on this Forum to use "Other" to identfy yourself.

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.
Whenever we feel part of a group that others name-call, condemn and damn to another place, we can easily feel despair and hopelessness.

If we can comfort ourselves, we will learn understanding of others treated similarly and find a moral way out of the whole mess.

We then become a member of the group of wounded healers.
Those who have been hurt themselves--and have bravely learned to face their own issues because of this hurtful treatment--can learn and grow in any one of the "helping professions."

In a time where the world is being destroyed and collapsing around us in slow motion, healers and helpers will be necessary and help develop a moral ethic as the human race folds in on itself.

***Those who claim the moniker "OTHER" are part of the "believers in exile" who have felt marginalized from "belief-based" Christianity. Some are actually atheists, many are former believers and others are adamant that Christian spirituality be intellectually honest.

***Jesus commanded to love our enemies. The feared stranger is always "the other."

***Those "others" that Jesus ate with, drank with and celebrated connection, healing and life were the homeless, the destitute and the cultural cast-offs.

It is an upsetting prospect to enter into fellowship with those our churches and society regard as human trash. When Jesus sent out his disciples in pairs to share food and heal the residents of a village, the distance between the itinerant and the householder was daunting. The first step into the household was an infinite gap.

Hedshaker

~*~*~

Adding to some real truth-smack shared earlier here,

You might do well to get beyond 'labels', since you cant judge a book by its cover. You may also do well to consider that some have an aversion of even using the label 'Christian' because of misrepresentation and mal-behavior passed off under such an appellation. In this case, you cant blame the offended, but those tarnishing the denomination.

Good point :thumb:

Other can apply to those on both sides of the fence. If you don't much care for any of the labels on offer then Other is the only option, really.

Quincy

Yes,....I stand for 'inclusion' :)

Knight apparently doesn't think we need anymore catagories, unless anyone can try to convince him again of this. A few of my PM's have been unresponded to, in the past, ....not all, but a few as I recall. I just let it go.

Currently there are only these options -

Christian
Protestant Christian
Catholic Christian (Other)
LDS -
Mormon
Jehovah's Witness
Jewish
Messianic Jew
Muslim
Hindu
Buddhist
Agnostic
Atheist
Wiccan
Satanist
Pagan
Other

Some other possible category suggestions -

- Unitarian-Universalist
- Deist
- Theosophist
- Spiritualist
- Gnostic
- Humanist
- Eclectic

- Can u think of others? :)

I can understand why this forum may not be right for Gnostics and Spiritualists (if you mean the psychic medium or divination types) but I agree, there are many more religions out there that could work on TOL and the ones you listed would be nice to see.

I think the label Pagan might be a bit too broad, like Other is. There are many types of pagans, from druids to kemetics but I don't know if anyone who would actually participate here would be one of those. I remember this forum having Wicca folks on it in the past but it was more busy back then.

Then came Reddit, :chuckle: .

Truster

I have ''other'' and two lines below I give an explanation. The disciples were first called Messianists at Antioch and not ''christians''.

PS having explained that I would never call anyone brother that was not confirmed as being one.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
holy ones...........

holy ones...........

Good point :thumb:

Other can apply to those on both sides of the fence. If you don't much care for any of the labels on offer then Other is the only option, really.

Glory in being "other"

:)

If you want to get 'technical' about it.....'God' is recognized as 'other' in the OT......describing his 'holiness', being unique, one of a kind, separate,....so hey....we who are 'other' are kinda in God's category :) - after all, we are his offspring ;)

We all are individual expressions of one universal consciousness, the Infinite itself.

Nothing wrong with sporting a label or belonging to a particular religious denomination or tradition,...unless one's identification with a particular label is misappropriated.

Quincy

Glory in being "other"

:)

If you want to get 'technical' about it.....'God' is recognized as 'other' in the OT......describing his 'holiness', being unique, one of a kind, separate,....so hey....we who are 'other' are kinda in God's category :) - after all, we are his offspring ;)

We all are individual expressions of one universal consciousness, the Infinite itself.

Nothing wrong with sporting a label or belonging to a particular religious denomination or tradition,...unless one's identification with a particular label is misappropriated.

I've always believed that a person's actions and words do more to indicate what kind of person he or she is. A bible salesman might rob you blind while a tattoo artist covered in tattoos and piercings might be the kindest person you've known. Labels, appearances and such can be misleading. We can't know what someone thinks deep down until they show it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Oh the workings of the liberal mind..... :chew:
Yep. Work, work, work is all I do around here.
Not only do I have to slave away studying to separate history from theology and the earthly Jesus from the exalted Christ, I work to try and make sure my comments are communicated in forms that allow the reader to understand where I am coming from.

It's no walk in the park to read and understand a poster who has been condemned as "disruptive" and "blasphemous." Even though those general titles are NEVER explained in ways that would be understood by any native speaker of English.

They are way to generalized to make any legitimate meaning.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Well, that is not much help as to who the "others" are....
The "others" are those who are forced to carry the burden of the in-group's shadow side.

Those who are unconscious of their own inner darkness usually project it out onto others so they won't have to process it.

Experience has taught us that we have only one enduring weapon in our struggle against mental illness: the emotional discovery and emotional acceptance of the truth in the individual and unique history of our childhood.

Contempt of others is the weapon of the weak--and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.

glorydaz

Yep. Work, work, work is all I do around here.Not only do I have to slave away studying to separate history from theology and the earthly Jesus from the exalted Christ, I work to try and make sure my comments are communicated in forms that allow the reader to understand where I am coming from.

It's no walk in the park to read and understand a poster who has been condemned as "disruptive" and "blasphemous." Even though those general titles are NEVER explained in ways that would be understood by any native speaker of English.

They are way to generalized to make any legitimate meaning.

The "others" are those who are forced to carry the burden of the in-group's shadow side.

Those who are unconscious of their own inner darkness usually project it out onto others so they won't have to process it.

Experience has taught us that we have only one enduring weapon in our struggle against mental illness: the emotional discovery and emotional acceptance of the truth in the individual and unique history of our childhood.

Contempt of others is the weapon of the weak--and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.

Have you ever stopped to consider that you might be overdramatizing things? That you're working too hard? It's as though you are searching as hard as you can for something to stew over.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Spoken well Dr. Sigmund Freud. You're an outstanding mind in a
world full of insane patients. Think of yourself in that way.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I think you're on to something there, aikido7