If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother

Robert Pate

Banned
What is this "OTHER" thing that some put on their mast heads?

Are they ashamed of what they are? Maybe their cultist and they don't want others to know that, so they use the title "other" to disguise what they are.

We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe. It is not fair to the Christians on this Forum to use "Other" to identfy yourself.

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.

Nanja

Are they ashamed of what they are? Maybe their cultist and they don't want others to know that, so they use the title "other" to disguise what they are.

We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe. It is not fair to the Christians on this Forum to use "Other" to identfy yourself.

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.

Already answered that question for ya.

Here is is again:

www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4504677#457

~~~~~

Caledvwlch

We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe.

Maybe you could, I don't know, ask?

And besides, I have a feeling that out of any hundred people using the Christian label on their profile, there are at least thirty that you would declare liars or mistaken.

daqq

Perhaps some of the "others" simply cannot stomach the thought of being associated with those such as yourself who have highjacked the name "Christian" and perverted it into something it was never meant to be? You really need to get over the nameplate theology because it is killing you. Your own "church fathers" made sure of this when they inserted Matthew 28:19 into the text. I have no problem with it but, in fact, they truly hurt themselves and everyone else who comes after them not understanding what it means. A name holds the weight of character, authority, attributes, teachings, etc., etc., and is therefore much more than the simple spelling of the name. For the same reason Yeshua proclaims that he has shown his disciples the name of the Father yet we never see the name of the Father written anywhere in the Gospel accounts.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now you are essentially a dead man walking because you have not been immersed into the Name of the Father but instead have been running around telling people to ignore His Holy Name: for the Name of the Father is all of Torah and Tanach which you despise.

The zombie apocalypse is upon us! :crackup:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
iirc, hilston chose "other" (after he self-identified as "pagan" for a while) because the first use of the term "Christian" was a derisive appellation used by those scornful of followers of Christ - it literally means "little Christ"

but then, he was also arguing that celebrating Christmas was a greater sin than murdering children :kookoo:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Perhaps some of the "others" simply cannot stomach the thought of being associated with those such as yourself who have highjacked the name "Christian" and perverted it into something it was never meant to be? You really need to get over the nameplate theology because it is killing you. Your own "church fathers" made sure of this when they inserted Matthew 28:19 into the text. I have no problem with it but, in fact, they truly hurt themselves and everyone else who comes after them not understanding what it means. A name holds the weight of character, authority, attributes, teachings, etc., etc., and is therefore much more than the simple spelling of the name. For the same reason Yeshua proclaims that he has shown his disciples the name of the Father yet we never see the name of the Father written anywhere in the Gospel accounts.

19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now you are essentially a dead man walking because you have not been immersed into the Name of the Father but instead have been running around telling people to ignore His Holy Name: for the Name of the Father is all of Torah and Tanach which you despise.

Why do some of you hate Pate so much? I don't get it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Excellent post.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

You have a point there. At least you are asking questions. I assume those choosing 'other' are not committed to anything?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Wouldn’t it be great if we could get all those “other,” evil people over there and keep the good people here? Then all we would need to do is destroy those other people and a peaceful world would finally be available to all of us!

But the line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

So are we REALLY willing to destroy a piece of our own heart?

I believe the existential reason Jesus asked us to consider “loving our enemies” because he knew that on some deep level, we need our opponents. Yes, Robert, we need those “other” people.

Full disclosure: I am a violent and cruel person who is trying to become nonviolent and less cruel. I think now that my former unconscious, and immoral self left a big vacuum in my soul--and that is how Jesus was able to fill it for me with his love, compassion and acceptance for others.

This is my own interpretation. In any case, my life has truly been blessed since I can now see the child of God in everyone I meet. It has helped me understand and empathize with folks I normally would see as “the other” and keep an arm’s distance from them.

Of course I still can often connect with my fear of “the stranger, the immigrant, the homeless, etc.” because I am not perfect.

But seeing and connecting what is human in myself and “others” has made my faith life so much richer and meaningful than it was before.

I credit Christ for allowing me to be who I really was all along. At last I have taken on the healing I was created by God to receive.

Robert Pate

Banned

Immersed in the name of the Father?

The name of the Father is all of the Torah?

What kind of weird religion are you into?

Robert Pate

Banned
Wouldn’t it be great if we could get all those “other,” evil people over there and keep the good people here? Then all we would need to do is destroy those other people and a peaceful world would finally be available to all of us!

But the line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

So are we REALLY willing to destroy a piece of our own heart?

I believe the existential reason Jesus asked us to consider “loving our enemies” because he knew that on some deep level, we need our opponents. Yes, Robert, we need those “other” people.

Full disclosure: I am a violent and cruel person who is trying to become nonviolent and less cruel. I think now that my former unconscious, and immoral self left a big vacuum in my soul--and that is how Jesus was able to fill it for me with his love, compassion and acceptance for others.

This is my own interpretation. In any case, my life has truly been blessed since I can now see the child of God in everyone I meet. It has helped me understand and empathize with folks I normally would see as “the other” and keep an arm’s distance from them.

Of course I still can often connect with my fear of “the stranger, the immigrant, the homeless, etc.” because I am not perfect.

But seeing and connecting what is human in myself and “others” has made my faith life so much richer and meaningful than it was before.

I credit Christ for allowing me to be who I really was all along. At last I have taken on the healing I was created by God to receive.

Well, that is not much help as to who the "others" are.

It seems to me that it is only fair that you should state your religious affiliation on a Forum such as this. How else are we going to know what you believe?

I am sure that some of the "others" are cultist, but they don't want us to know that.

brewmama

Actually, because I am Orthodox, which is not listed as an option, despite the fact that it is the second largest Church in the world, after the Roman Catholic Church.

False Prophet

I am glad that I am not like you guys. "By their fruits you will know them." 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Gal 5 KJV

brewmama

Hmmmm, Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

What's that supposed to mean? Do you know anything about the Orthodox Church? If you add all the different Protestant churches together, they are the second largest group behind the Catholic Church. Does that mean you are excluded?

Robert Pate

Banned
What's that supposed to mean? Do you know anything about the Orthodox Church? If you add all the different Protestant churches together, they are the second largest group behind the Catholic Church. Does that mean you are excluded?

I didn't write the scripture.

Why did Jesus say this? Religion is the broad road that leads to destruction, "And many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13.

daqq

Immersed in the name of the Father?

The name of the Father is all of the Torah?

What kind of weird religion are you into?

The Name of the father is His Word and you do not have His Word in you:

John 5:37-38
37. And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape.
38. And you have not His Logos abiding in you: for whom He has sent, the same you believe not.

John 14:23-24
23. Yeshua answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24. He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the Logos which you hear is not of me, but of the Father who sent me.

:sheep:

brewmama

I didn't write the scripture.

Why did Jesus say this? Religion is the broad road that leads to destruction, "And many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13.

Umm, so?? Can you not be specific about what you are trying to say? Can you not answer any of my specific questions? Where does Jesus say that religion is the broad road?